- - - - -

Patch?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Drago838

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

do i hit patch that in the launcher first to start playing the game whens its done?

#2 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Hitting patch checks for, and if needed updates your client.

If all updates are installed it will show "Play" and yes you click that to play.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

When you first run the installer it will install the patcher, when you click patch it downloads then installs the game, this will usualy take at least an hour the first time (you download about 5GB then install all the game files so time until it is ready depends on download speed and could be several hours).

after this initial download the patch button will change to play. there is usualy a patch every 1-2 weeks on a Tuesday.

#4 Drago838

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

how to I know if the patcher downloaded as soon as I downloaded the launcher were it says hit patch?

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

View PostDrago838, on 23 November 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

how to I know if the patcher downloaded as soon as I downloaded the launcher were it says hit patch?

If I may... please just refer to this.

View PostKoniving, on 05 April 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Question: HOW DO I PLAY i downloaded the installer and now I'm at the online page but i can't play

Alright.

Step one, this is not a browser-based game and does not require the website to launch. Only to download the installer.
That said, if you ran the installer you should have this little guy in your start menu.
Posted Image
Please click it now and say "yes" to allowing it to run in administrator mode.
Now you'll see this screen.
Posted Image

Step 2. See that pretty blue button with the white text? Says "Patch." Click that. When it's good and ready -- some long time later -- you'll be ready to play.

Skipping an hour or three...

Now you'll see this.
Posted Image

Alright! It's ready to go.

Step 3: Hit Play.

You'll find yourself here after the publisher and developer are done kindly reminding you who brought this game to you; which they will do every time you start the game. Hit space repeatedly to tell them "Yeah, yeah, START THE GAME ALREADY!!!!"
Posted Image

Now enter your email and password.
Once there, you'll find yourself on a page much like this....with a lot fewer mechs.
Posted Image

That's the game reminding you that you're space-poor. But don't worry, for your first 25 matches the game will shove LOTS of c-bills (money) down your throat until you've got roughly enough to get almost any mech you want for your first mech. Click one and then click launch.

Or better, click "Home", "Tutorial" if it doesn't already put you there on its own. Then after, click "Home" and "Testing Grounds," to get familiar with things before really mean people in large walking battlemechs (mechanized walking tanks) shoot you.

And that's...
Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 23 November 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

You have to actually click the patch button to start the patch. Otherwise it will sit there doing nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users