#1 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

OK Guys looking for help

I accidentally reset my preferences. Now I seem to have arm lock permanently enabled - I use mouse not joystick. I've checked in settings - the arm lock box is not ticked. However, i can't seem to see any mouse settings. I've also rest the game and fully exited..

rather confused

any help appreciated

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:28 AM

The only thing I can think of is maybe run the repair tool.

#3 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:04 AM

Is shift set to toggle arm lock in game? If yes, hit it. Might fix it, even if only temporarily.

#4 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostBatch1972, on 23 November 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

OK Guys looking for help

I accidentally reset my preferences. Now I seem to have arm lock permanently enabled - I use mouse not joystick. I've checked in settings - the arm lock box is not ticked. However, i can't seem to see any mouse settings. I've also rest the game and fully exited..

rather confused

any help appreciated

A shot in the dark:
which mech are you driving? There are some mechs, wo don't have arm-movement (horizontally that is). For example a Jägermech or a Blackjack. Or on clan mechs, there is, if I'm not mistaken, the option to remove lower arm actuators (for more room in the arms), but then you loose horizontal arm movement.
So on those mechs / those configurations, it seems like arm lock is enabled, but in reality there is no arm lock on / off on those machines.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Grab a screenshot of your settings and lets see!

Also note that if you use 3rd person view arms are always locked. If you use a mech with no lower arm actuators, you have only vertical movement and no side movement. Some Clan mechs have optional actuators(and cannot use lower arm actuators in an arm with PPC or ballistics)

you an also check if you have a key bound to the TOGGLE ARM LOCK function which lets you turn arm lock on or off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users