Observations About Challengs.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

So after getting a look at different scoreing systems and how people react I have drawn a conclusion. Everyone needs to accept that not every game plays out the same and that means more than one playstyle is vaild. There are games that you will not brawl so there is no need to push or tank damage. There are games where you have no choice but to brawl and dig someone out of a hole. The difference between a good piolt and a bad one is the ability to adapt to the tactical situation while obtaining the objective. When you play your going to face many different situations and if you cant handle them then you should up your game and be flexible.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:53 AM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 24 November 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

So after getting a look at different scoreing systems and how people react I have drawn a conclusion. Everyone needs to accept that not every game plays out the same and that means more than one playstyle is vaild. There are games that you will not brawl so there is no need to push or tank damage. There are games where you have no choice but to brawl and dig someone out of a hole. The difference between a good piolt and a bad one is the ability to adapt to the tactical situation while obtaining the objective. When you play your going to face many different situations and if you cant handle them then you should up your game and be flexible.

yeha and every challange its: UHHH a challange lrms everywhere, while lrm's are probably the worst for thsi challange. and people see: suviving is a condition, so theys start hiding, not even recognising how fial this is when you restrict the firepower for your team leading to a loss mening you won't survive and win at all.

The current challange is simply:
1. Play normal and try to achieve the win, or a headsup that makes the match ery likely a win.
2. try to get a kill during step 1
3. survive. if you haven't achieved 2, surviving is pointless as well. And if you can not achieve no 1. its the same + you won't even survive if the mode is skirmish.

#3 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 November 2014 - 01:53 AM, said:

yeha and every challange its: UHHH a challange lrms everywhere, while lrm's are probably the worst for thsi challange. and people see: suviving is a condition, so theys start hiding, not even recognising how fial this is when you restrict the firepower for your team leading to a loss mening you won't survive and win at all.

The current challange is simply:
1. Play normal and try to achieve the win, or a headsup that makes the match ery likely a win.
2. try to get a kill during step 1
3. survive. if you haven't achieved 2, surviving is pointless as well. And if you can not achieve no 1. its the same + you won't even survive if the mode is skirmish.

I don't know what it's like in the group queue, but the solo queue gets hammered during every event that involves it.

The gameplay in Solo is WAY different than in Group. In solo, since you have such a wide mix of skill levels, you tend to end up with a "the team with the most LRMs covered by ECM wins" dynamic. The changes to BAP/CAP have the chance to change all of that.....if only the people in the solo pug would bother to use it.

I really hope they put something about it in their well thought out tutorial system. You know, the one they provide for new players so they can learn this game....oh....wait....nevermind.

#4 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 November 2014 - 02:00 AM, said:

I don't know what it's like in the group queue, but the solo queue gets hammered during every event that involves it.

The gameplay in Solo is WAY different than in Group. In solo, since you have such a wide mix of skill levels, you tend to end up with a "the team with the most LRMs covered by ECM wins" dynamic. The changes to BAP/CAP have the chance to change all of that.....if only the people in the solo pug would bother to use it.

I really hope they put something about it in their well thought out tutorial system. You know, the one they provide for new players so they can learn this game....oh....wait....nevermind.

I only pugged my matches and it was quite fine, the lrm dudes got their butt handeled. If you knwo they bring lrm, adjust your playstyle to it.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 November 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

I only pugged my matches and it was quite fine, the lrm dudes got their butt handeled. If you knwo they bring lrm, adjust your playstyle to it.

Mine have been on either end of the extreme scale....nothing in the middle. Either you get stuck on the LRM team with no ECM cover (and no BAP/CAP to cut theirs) or you end up on the team with LOTS of ECM/BAP/CAP. There's rarely anything in between.

It is what it is, you know? The Solo Queue has never been known for teamwork, being placed with people that are in similar Elo ranges to you or even weight balancing. It's basically the toilet bowl of MW:O. You either float on the top or you get flushed with everyone else. Been that way for a while. I can deal with it.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

I took one look at the winning conditions for this challenge, My work Schedule, and knew I was not going to participate. I'd have to play 48 matches to win 20 (statistically) but I have a 1.0 K/Dr... so it is unlikely I'd have many "wins" for this tournament. :)

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 November 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

I took one look at the winning conditions for this challenge, My work Schedule, and knew I was not going to participate. I'd have to play 48 matches to win 20 (statistically) but I have a 1.0 K/Dr... so it is unlikely I'd have many "wins" for this tournament. :)

I'm barely at 50% myself, and not by actually trying. I've had a lot going on this weekend...make up matches for Pool and all...and didn't really care. The gameplay has gone right down the crapper like it does during every challenge. No reason this one should be any different.

#8 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 24 November 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Mine have been on either end of the extreme scale....nothing in the middle. Either you get stuck on the LRM team with no ECM cover (and no BAP/CAP to cut theirs) or you end up on the team with LOTS of ECM/BAP/CAP. There's rarely anything in between.

It is what it is, you know? The Solo Queue has never been known for teamwork, being placed with people that are in similar Elo ranges to you or even weight balancing. It's basically the toilet bowl of MW:O. You either float on the top or you get flushed with everyone else. Been that way for a while. I can deal with it.

not sure, when you are in the higher elo, Pug is less a mess, people know the advanced tactics and they do know the tactics the map requires. So I guess thats why I probably don't have these games as often, since people where I am around do know what they do. Sure not always, but definately most of the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users