Wolfs Dragoons

87 replies to this topic

#21 Ellda

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hey there, this is Eldamar from daoc/iseult. /wave to everyone!

#22 UPRISING4A

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hey Eldamar, I remember you, welcome :D

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was back in MPBT, IIRC my callsign was Genesis

#24 Haroldwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 233 posts
  • LocationKalispell, MT

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostRapier00, on 20 July 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I used to play in DAOC with outreach, had a Druid named Aealyn, anyone remember me? would love to reconnect with some people in MWO...

I palyed DAoC. That's when I created Haroldwolf, been using that name ever since so old friends can find me.

#25 Elite130

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Salutes to all old WD from MPBT3025 I ran with you guys a lot and posted on your forum once in awhile

#26 Steamboat

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

View Postmuskrat, on 26 June 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I was a member of WD back on Gamestorm

I went by the name Goliath WD

I remember you i was SabreTooth WD and my uncle was Mask Of Pain WD

#27 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

There are many Wolf's Dragoons groups, and we have a large alliance together.
A list of the main members are:
Bravo Whiskey Charlie
Dire Wolves Alpha Regiment
Wolf Spiders.

#28 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

LtCol Smith Wolfs Dragoons MPBT Solaris, 3025. New pilot name is SmithMPBT

#29 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Ah I was wondering who you were Smith, trying to add me to your friends list I ignored it heh

#30 Taram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 139 posts
  • LocationIn a Battlemech advancing on you.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm here as well. Long time no see old friends. Good to see that the old MPBT crew, at least some of us, are still kicking about :) Great memories from there. I knew Johnny was kicking about and stumbled across Uprising4A last night in a match :lol: Good times! I also recognize some names from our time in DAOC together :D

Hope to see more of you about!

Edited by Taram, 06 October 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#31 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hey Pal, Taram. Just added ya both to friends list ingame. Would love to drop with you guys anytime. I've been playing MWO for a couple months now, just finally got my name change to go through (was Gadris before). The game seems great, but I wish it hadn't take 13 years to come out lol. Im looking forward to showing this new generation of snot nose kids some honor and humility.

SmithMPBT

#32 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Ah I remember getting a few friend invites from "Gadris" as well, but I ignored them thinking you were some sort of stalker. Should have sent me a PM ;)

#33 Taram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 139 posts
  • LocationIn a Battlemech advancing on you.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostSmithMPBT, on 07 October 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hey Pal, Taram. Just added ya both to friends list ingame. Would love to drop with you guys anytime. I've been playing MWO for a couple months now, just finally got my name change to go through (was Gadris before). The game seems great, but I wish it hadn't take 13 years to come out lol. Im looking forward to showing this new generation of snot nose kids some honor and humility.

SmithMPBT

Feel free to drop me a line in game any time you see me on. ;)

#34 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Question: Do the Dragoons hire people from any factions of the IS?

#35 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 07 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Ah I remember getting a few friend invites from "Gadris" as well, but I ignored them thinking you were some sort of stalker. Should have sent me a PM ;)

I thought I was your stalker... :ph34r:

Played MPBT as Harvester DI in one of (now I know durr) possibly at least 2 units called Damage Inc. on Solaris.

-k

#36 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostDraken X, on 09 October 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Question: Do the Dragoons hire people from any factions of the IS?

For Solaris and 3025 time line Wolf's Dragoons had a contract with the DCMS, so the unit was part of the DCMS's To&E, Kurita's military organization. We worked with another merc company to fill its rosters and for the most part gave it free reign in its staffing and recruitment. A number of DCMS personnel eventually joined WD, but for all intents and purposes it was a DCMS unit, the wild child.

It was also some interesting times, especially since it and other merc units were used as a needle to ***** certain areas, such as the ideology concerning the no-legging aspect of the community, and helped in part to move the Solaris community to open warfare. Was an interesting SSW as we had either one or two houses that boycott that SSW that was being hosted by House Kurita, but a few of the units from those houses, both House and merc, still elected to participate in them as free merc units and were put to good use.

Still can't believe that the community kept going for over 6 years, from net beta to AOL to Gamestorm then finishing up with EA (/mop please...). :)

#37 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Good to see you're still around Tarl. I was hoping against all odds when I first got here that there would be some form of House Command Structure run by competent organizers. But from what I've read it doesn't look that way. We all may be taking orders from a 10 yr old kid who has 12 hours a day free to play lol.

Reading your post and speaking with some of the old MPBT'ers, WD, DRAAGUNS, House Kurita, etc has brought back a ton of forgetten good times. We had a damn fine community. From the roleplay aspects of each house, to the rivalries, and the mutual respect shown. It was really an accomplishment.

I'm hoping atleast some shadow of good times and honor will be found here in MWO.

SmithMPBT

#38 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

No one says you ever have to. Like you, many of us have been around since the MPBT days, and I doubt many of us will take orders from anyone outside our unit (unless they are known to us of course and our commanders are not present), solely on the basis of some player having more XP or loyalty points.

-k

#39 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Kdogg takes his orders from me. Kdogg, go get me sake, chop chop.

#40 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

hai (nods) on the CoC. At the moment we do not have any concrete details about the Community Warfare or its structure in its entirety. Until it is done the information we do have is tentative. imho PGI likely had planned that mercs will be the active part of the game while keeping with the the basic current storyline.T
  • No high level COC directing the houses' aim or control where units go. PGI controlling almost everything, for the most part follow the storyline.
    • The above is actually a good thing, considering the different types of personalities. Everyone will be able to lead (or follow) their own little unit without worrying about the politics from above. I know on AOL at one time we had a few thousand warriors per house. Talk about server overload !!!
  • To have control of a unit it will need to be a non-canon merc or non-canon house unit (active part)
  • Pilots who do not wish to be part of an active unit will be able to join a passive House unit (no canon merc units), with some House units have higher stipulations/requirements than other House units
    • .Said players will have no control over who joins said passive House unit, though technically a group of pilots could group together to form their own sub-unit (aka lance/company/battalion) but will have no say in other pilots forming similar sub-units in the same canon regiment.
    • It was mentioned that players who meet specific requirements may be able to do some things but no real specific details.
  • No Succession Wars - Will be border conflicts and said conflicts will be restricted in range. No taking over an entire state
    • With that said, if it works out that way, then the bragging rights will be on who can hold planets/sectors of space for a period of time.
    • Even when the clans come, conflicts will be limited to the borders. We just do not know how far in from the borders before we can not proceed any further.
What I would like to see happening would be the regimental (unit commanders) work with each other on overall objectives but it really depends on how PGI is going to handle that part of the game. And a collection of units could have, outside the game, an overall commander in charge while in game he commands a single unit. That alone will depend on how that portion of the game works on the upside or downside between a small or large unit.

Several things will depend on how PGI/IGP develops the Community Warfare piece as it will be quite an endeavor. There are so many ways they can do this piece that I am sure a few of us could draw up a few proposals that would be different from each other. It will be a waiting game, but all we can do is plan with the information we know or have had hinted at while taking it one day at a time.

I do see PUGs eventually being the minority, simply based on our past experiences, provided the means to communicate with each other is provided with a persistent in game chat system, among other things. As long as it is more like the previous MPBT games and not MW2-4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users