- - - - -

Scoring Question

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn77

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

I am curious to how the scoring system works.

Just played a match - and I am not very good (yea, I have the founders but haven't played much until recently... but that is besides the point...)

So in the match I got one kill and 3 assists and got the same match score as someone who had no kills and only like 1 or 2 assists. I got higher in damage as well. I realize those that bring on the pain and score massive damage/kills/etc are going to score much higher... but is it like a percentage that goes to each player or how does that work?

My apologies if this has been asked before (you can just direct me to the proper posting??) and thank you in advance

:)

#2 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

Match Score is pretty meaningless, to be honest. It hasn't really got an effect on anything directly (like C-bill or XP earnings), it isn't tracked in the stats on your profile page, and they're changing the formula used to calculate it soon, too. I really wouldn't pay much heed to it, but to answer your question...

He probably had several more Spotting Assists and Component Destructions than you had, as each of those are factored in to match score. Here's the current formula for it (but again, they're planning on changing it soon):

Win: 10 points
Kills: 1 point
Assists: 1 point
Component Destroyed: 1 point
Spotting Assist: 1 point
Damage: 1 point for every 10 damage
Team Kill: -5 points

Edited by DEMAX51, 24 November 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Spotting and components also play into one's match score, not just kills, assists, and damage. So yes, it can appera that someone did less than you but still be rewarded a higher match score.

#4 Jenn77

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users