Don't Really Want To Join Clan, Just A Group.....

4 replies to this topic

#1 DaFurryFury

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:48 AM

I've seen a lot of clans who want me to join even among merc groups and none of the whole thing really appeals to me. I don't want to be a part of a whole other website and I don't want to be recognized by this huge conglomerate which doesn't represent me.

So I guess what I want to do is join a group (or make one) with no more than like 30 people. Enough to have a decent amount of influence on CW but not so competitive. I guess the member limit doesn't make a whole lot of sense so I guess I just want a tighter nitch group that I don't end up dropping with strangers every single time. I would rather know some people without having a "friends list" 3 miles long.

Maybe i'm picky but I know that these stipulations fit well with my personality and would have the most fun with the game if each one fits. So anyway, does anyone out there feel similar or should I just suck it up and join a big group and hope for the best? (Don't get me wrong I have dropped with strangers and it was fun but still haven't dropped with them since then.)

#2 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

Well your more then welcome to check out Zhizhu, we're a easy going pretty casual but very tight knit group, pretty small but trying to grow... check us out at www.zhizhu-mercs.net tell koniving I said hi :) If you don't want a group of try hards that's us... but we are an IS group not a clan, I just figured I'd throw that out there...

Edited by MrWhite, 25 November 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

Join one of the smaller existing units...meets your criteria pretty easily. Try em out, see if you click and tag up. Unit like CHH or the Restless Adders. That being said, units that are truly on the small side probably will not,have a huge impact on CW as described. Even the core component of an excellent team such as the Lords cannot be in multiple places at once. So,find a crew you click with and tag up! Good luck in your search and good hunting.

#4 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image

Greetings DaFurryFury, I thought I would make you aware of The Dark Born as we may have both the organisational flexibility that caters for multiple play styles that also represents an organisation with litttle expectations as to how you would behave (at least from an RP perspective) or how you would represent any allegiances.

The Dark Born then represents elements of the Dark Caste from Clan society, who are associated as nefarious characters from multiple origins including the periphery and the inner sphere. Normally considered as bandits within the Clan worlds and periphery they also have mercantile and other associations deep within its Dark recesses. Please note however that this unique kind of game play will be treated with some maturity and that respect to other players in MWO will be expected. So other than reasonable RP elements presented as part of the role to make the experience more enjoyable, any personal disrespect to other players or units outside of this context will not be tolerated.

The Dark Born community then represents both lone wolves and pilots interested in playing in more team work orientated game play in CW and 12 man competitions, though the focus of the game play will be orientated towards Community Warfare. The Clan Loyalist faction will be employed for game play options to allow for the use of Clan tech but also the ability to switch factional allegiances for potential alternative tech use and to work for differing employers. This then a more flexible consideration of this group as this element of Clan Society is then not honour bound to the Clan Council interests so has no set political interests.

This recognising a complete spectrum of player interests from casuals to more competitive as well as veterans or newer players. This with a hope and expectation that PGI will represent this style of game play with more distinctive options for CW in the future with more unique modes of gameplay more befitting bandit groups.

The community has both a forum site and TS3 Server with various tools and links to other community sites to give a comprehensive guidance to playing MWO in the Dark Caste. This includes a Codex and RIG (WEB tools) that have been developed to make use of the MWO pilot stats and provide not only pilot awareness data and conventional standards in the Dark Born but also allow pilot applied data to be compared against specific Mech builds.

Training methods and guides that are being incorporated to help pilots in their various team games with an appropriate supportive command structure known as "The Silk" to also help guide these interests with both casual and more organised branches of play as recognised player choices. In addition new features are being developed as alternative trial systems different from Clan Zellbrigen that helps personify the interests of this group better, representing a more criminal and social interpretation of the Batchall. A training course for orientation is in development with a view to expanding the pilot training requirements as things progress and become more established with more tailored workshops.

Diplomatic interests with other groups are also being established to help provide gameplay opportunities and further social interests as the Dark Born group develops. This also identifies with the idea of respectfully keeping player and RP interests separate despite obvious canon associations with the Clans. As such we are representative as part of the Clan society and their community interests being included in the Clan community forums etc. Our operational services brochure is active which accounts for a list of unit services we can potentially offer other player units.

The Dark Born site can be found here: http://mwodarkborn.enjin.com which includes the TS3 server details for use. So even if you want to join as a visitor before considering committing to joining the unit as a full member come give us a visit.

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies, and bacon doughnuts dipped in JD.

Regards,

Noesis,
Governor

#5 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Welcome Home DaFurryFury the Spirit Cats are glad to have you, look forward to dropping with you soon{S}

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users