- - - - -

Turning Legs Without Turning Torso

8 replies to this topic

#1 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

is there any way to turn legs without turning torso. The "Align legs with torso direction" key does not count.

#2 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

Ahyup. It calls for hand-eye coordination though as if you want to rotate your legs to the right you also need to turn your torso to the left so your torso continues to face in the direction you want it to. If you want to rotate your legs to the left you must turn your torso to the right as well. As for just turning your legs without needing to mess with your torso, I don't believe there's a way to do that as your torso will turn with the legs if you don't control your torso.

#3 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 25 November 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ahyup. It calls for hand-eye coordination though as if you want to rotate your legs to the right you also need to turn your torso to the left so your torso continues to face in the direction you want it to. If you want to rotate your legs to the left you must turn your torso to the right as well. As for just turning your legs without needing to mess with your torso, I don't believe there's a way to do that as your torso will turn with the legs if you don't control your torso.

Thank you for the speedy and informed reply.

INTERNET HUGS <(^.^)>

#4 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

The F key aligns your legs with your torso. The C key aligns your torso with your legs. There is a difference.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

Only "manually" by counter-moving your upper torso with the mouse in the opposing direction.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 25 November 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#6 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Thanks yall. Good job being you. Keep up the good work!

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 25 November 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ahyup. It calls for hand-eye coordination though as if you want to rotate your legs to the right you also need to turn your torso to the left so your torso continues to face in the direction you want it to. If you want to rotate your legs to the left you must turn your torso to the right as well.

after a bit of practice I found myself doing this automatically, it eventuality became instinct much like the other aspects of controlling the Mech, and using Jump Jets to cushion a fall (in that case so much that I do it even when I know I am in a Mech without JJs)

get enough practice and all aspects of controlling a Mech will become instinct

#8 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 25 November 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

after a bit of practice I found myself doing this automatically, it eventuality became instinct much like the other aspects of controlling the Mech, and using Jump Jets to cushion a fall (in that case so much that I do it even when I know I am in a Mech without JJs)

get enough practice and all aspects of controlling a Mech will become instinct

I thought I was the only person who used "jump jets" to cushion my commandos' fall. OP if you are having trouble with he whole torso v. Feet thing try playing a round or 2 in third person. It is terrible for everything else but it will give you a better visual understanding of how your torso is interacting with your feet. But it does become second nature pretty quickly. Also remember if you get stuck on a rock hit f not c so your feet turn into the clear rather than your torso turning into the rock.

Edited by 3xnihilo, 25 November 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#9 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

The most frustrating part is when you drive lights all day and you can torso twist and turn like a whirlwind, then you drop in your Atlas and wonder why you keep hitting walls.

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 November 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

I thought I was the only person who used "jump jets" to cushion my commandos' fall. OP if you are having trouble with he whole torso v. Feet thing try playing a round or 2 in third person. It is terrible for everything else but it will give you a better visual understanding of how your torso is interacting with your feet. But it does become second nature pretty quickly. Also remember if you get stuck on a rock hit f not c so your feet turn into the clear rather than your torso turning into the rock.

Not to intentionally hijack the post (ok, yes it is intentional) but I find myself doing the JJ cushion as well even on my Cents. It's funny because I will walk toward a hill sometimes and try to use the JJs to speed my way up the incline only to realize I don't have them.

The hardest part is to remember to listen for the "jump jets 25%" message when flying around in my Spider so I don't crash down and break a leg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users