8 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

Seems that the U.S. Gov wants to add Calorie count labels to everything.

Is this the reason?

#2 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

So the government wants to add calorie count labels to food that already has a calorie count on the back where you could easily see it by... Oh, I dunno... Turning the package around? And they're spending taxpayer money on this, I presume? Instead of something like health care or defense?

And people wonder why I want small government. :mellow:

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 25 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#3 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Actually I believe the law that goes into effect today isn't for pre-packaged food, it requires restaurants to post their calorie counts on their menus. This literally only applies to chain restaurants and movie theaters (with 6 or more locations).

#4 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 25 November 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Actually I believe the law that goes into effect today isn't for pre-packaged food, it requires restaurants to post their calorie counts on their menus. This literally only applies to chain restaurants and movie theaters (with 6 or more locations).

This. All the top fast food franchises replaced menus to show calorie count months ago.

#5 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 25 November 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Oh, that makes sense actually.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 25 November 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

So the government wants to add calorie count labels to food that already has a calorie count on the back where you could easily see it by... Oh, I dunno... Turning the package around? And they're spending taxpayer money on this, I presume? Instead of something like health care or defense?

And people wonder why I want small government. :mellow:

Pfffff, EU can top this, we regulate every poop, even how much bend a cucumber is allowed to be.
And yeha making it more visible is the only thing that helps, because majority is stupid, they eat anythign without wanting to read, but complain about I AM FAT q.q

#7 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

The Socialdemocrats and the Green Party in Germany even want to put "traffic lights symbol" on pre-packaged food.
Low calorie food should get a green light, high calorie food a red light symbol.
The next step would be probably a ban of high calorie food, if the red light symbols don't work...

The calorie label on the package is IMHO enough. It's sometimes shocking what a difference for example the dressing of a salad makes. The best dressings ( Cesars dressing ) have sadly the highest calorie counts... :(

#8 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

View PostAlreech, on 27 November 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

The Socialdemocrats and the Green Party in Germany even want to put "traffic lights symbol" on pre-packaged food.
Low calorie food should get a green light, high calorie food a red light symbol.
The next step would be probably a ban of high calorie food, if the red light symbols don't work...

The calorie label on the package is IMHO enough. It's sometimes shocking what a difference for example the dressing of a salad makes. The best dressings ( Cesars dressing ) have sadly the highest calorie counts... :(

That's unbelievable! I'm so happy this stupid regulate everything mindset hasn't taken over in the US yet.

Yet. <_<

#9 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Well, that's government for you.

:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users