83 replies to this topic

#61 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

View Postcdlord, on 26 November 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Screenshots and send it to support@mwomercs.com.

The nonexistent support system kills me. No chat log and you have to go outside the client to message support. So unpolished it drives me nuts. I can't think of anything that would make me want to jump through the hoops to send a support email.

View PostSandpit, on 26 November 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

First
Powering down and hiding and not participating in the game is reportable

Second
Giving away a teammate's position is reportable

Neither side was right and everyone involve should have been reported at support@mwomercs.com

Plain and simple. That's not open to "morality" debates. It's against the rules. You could easily have kept running around the map avoiding without finding a "hidey hole" and shutting down. Any other "arguments" on the matter are irrelevant.

Then why is powering down even in the game?

#62 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:28 AM

aye man I hear ya! (OP)

Also for me, times I power down, to do a tactical AMBUSH on the last 1,2,3 enemy mechs. Yet soon as folks that are spectating me see this, they do the same and yell out my cords. But, there hes been times were sec's after those tards saying that, an enemy walks past right in front of me. I power up, sneak up and take careful aim... BAM!!! alpha... 1 dead mech. Then I power back down. Then 1 min later another enemy walks past. repeat... BAM!!! 2 dead mechs, ONE LEFT... but then I round the corner and its a FRESH Direwhale or such and die!

But during the time I'm playing possium and killing these last few... those that are spectating are all "ROFL WOW AWESOME I LOVE THIS GUY!"

So to those of you lame ass Trolls and Tards, keep on Hatein'.

#63 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

TKsax
This has already been answered right here in the MWO forums back when egomane was an admin and even by russ, once you have participated you CANNOT be reported for non participation. that rule was put into place because of something that was happening back in closed beta and early release. people were launching mechs into multiple matches then disconnecting to farm Cbills. your reporting is not going to lead anywhere because it is not a reportable offence. however team treason is quite clear and you are the one who will get the ban.

jammerben87
I suggest you go read the terms of service again. matches have multiple win conditions all of them include the time limit. By playing the game you are agreeing to the terms of service. the matches are 15 minutes-THERE IS NO WASTING TIME, YOU AGREED TO THE 15 MINUTES BY DROPPING. and again YOU CAN LEAVE if your dead. nobody is making you stay. I had to report 2 people this morning for team treason already.

In one match I was repositioning to make the best use of my LRMs because I expected them to hunt me down, but apparently one of your time bandits didn't like that. or forgot how to quite match. the other match i had fallen back to the base turrets to use them for support when the inevitable push came-both valid tactics, team treasoned for both of them. SO SHUT THE HELL UP IN CHAT- I AM STILL PLAYING, YOUR DEAD $#&!ING LEAVE THE MATCH!

The outcome of the match is irrelevant I still don't owe you as my enemy a thing, not free Cbills, extra XP or time, IT IS YOUR JOB to wonder around the map and find me or win by one of the other win conditions. that's effectively what your doing the entire match.

#64 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

I would be happy paying to avoid low IQ players... I really would pay. We should call it Premium Tier where you have to answer questions about the game, pass a competency test, pay just a little cash maybe to incentivise PGI and boom! No more f*ckwits!!

#65 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

View Postsneeking, on 26 November 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

They added team and all check boxes dead could be next...

All we got to do is ask alot ;)

Hmm isnt chat restricted to your team only? Company blue and lance green?

#66 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:34 PM

Wow... just reading more and more selfish, arrogant and just plain obnoxious posts of narcissistic entitlement here is revolting. If someone powers down and hides after participating does NOT give you the right to report them. They're playing their game. The same way they don't have the right to shoot you in the back to stop your epic brawltardery, or rat you out when you were trying to charge the PUG Zapper for the millionth time, you don't have the right to report them.

You played your game and died. You joined in for a 15 minute match. The quality and manner in which it's played is NOT up for debate. To be honest, your chat needs to be disabled completely. Not just dead or team chat... all of it. Log off if you can't hack it. Get into your other mechs or a trial mech and play on secure in the knowledge you are not going to be playing with that guy again on the next match.

If this is not acceptable, quit, uninstall and go find a new game.

#67 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Thank you OP for understanding and articulating why I do not like playing Conquest mode, most ppl do not understand that modes objectives.

I recommend you de-select conquest, I have not had the problem as you describe since doing so.

#68 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

Easy solution... Prevent dead people from talking in general chat... It's kind of embarrassing that this has not been done already...

#69 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostTKSax, on 28 November 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

I am not making up rules, you read them yourself, and brought this up again on reddit after they shot you down the last time your brought this up. Skirmish game mode is kill the other mechs, if you are hiding your are not participating. Again I have verified this with PGI they do not have an issue with players giving away their own teammates position when they are hiding with no intent to kill other mechs. I very rarley see this in the group que this is more of a solo que issue.

I will continue to do this, and feel free to report me because I am sure of my position on this issue. If you do report me please do it honestly, just don't say I gave away some position in a game. I will only do it when someone is powered down and hiding with no intent to play, because I will check what their intent is before I give away their position. So be sure to say he gave them away on skirmish, and the player powered down halfway across the map from where the battle was.

This is not a player skill issue so please stop banging your chest.

How do you prove intent? Stop making up the rules as you go along.

and I have never been on reddit. I am as close to a luddite as one can get with all that. I don't even own a cell phone. Reddit? LOL

#70 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

You've got my sympathy.

The only circumstances that justify giving a position is when a teammate is not moving and completely unresponsive to chat - thus, no reasonable doubt that he's not AFK.

Otherwise, you're being an arrogant, selfish & impatient sore loser, as far as I'm concerned.

There's a multitude of reasons to not force the chat off for dead people. And besides, if the chat really does bother you THAT much, you can use the settings at ANY TIME to turn it off. You can even turn team/lance chat off but keep "all" chat open, that's how much PGI has bent over backwards to try and make you happy.

Perhaps if modules weren't so expensive to come by, and difficult to swap around, it wouldn't be as big a deal; all the same, if you want to not wait for the last man standing to have his game, you shouldn't have died in the first place, and probably should have worked to be a better teammate in general.

It's aggravating trying to shut down to avoid the enemy swarm & let them go by, then having to type frantically in the chat to prevent your team from instantly blurting out your location, then try to look up and see if it's the right time to sneak up on an enemy and try to whittle them down 1 by 1, all the while knowing if you take too long your team's liable to snitch on you anyway.

I don't know if we need messages during the loading screen, a community culture change, or what, but the location-reporting of players that're still playing the game should stop.

Edited by Telmasa, 29 November 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#71 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 29 November 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

I don't know if we need messages during the loading screen, a community culture change, or what, but the location-reporting of players that're still playing the game should stop.

Culling the player base of people below average IQ is a good start. Then maybe, just maybe, MWO will start to really become a "thinking person's" game.

#72 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostMystere, on 29 November 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Culling the player base of people below average IQ is a good start. Then maybe, just maybe, MWO will start to really become a "thinking person's" game.

IQ means nothing, Some of the smartest people I know are as blind as the dumbest.

#73 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 November 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

Did you say your intentions in teamchat? If not, that might have averted the situation. If so, the rat was being a {Richard Cameron}.

A somewhat late response, but what intentions should anybody need to state in that situation? Only a complete idiot that pays no attention whatsoever should need to be told why somebody might power down there.

#74 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostTastian, on 25 November 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

So I hate playing hide n seek with the last guy as much as anyone but here's the story:

Conquest. I'm in my Mist Lynx - both arms gone and missing one shoulder. We are up on caps almost at 700. I'm one of two guys left on our team so I find a good hidey hole and power down. My team starts ratting my position out which leads to my death and our team loss. It's like they didn't want to win.

Sorry for the rant.

While I agree it's a pretty stupid move, if you're the only one alive and you're shutdown the other players can't see the score. Some of them might not have known you were about to win. It's best to declare your intentions in teamchat immediately if you're going to do this.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 30 November 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#75 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:40 AM

No one has to state anything. Team treason is just that.

You signed on for the full 15. If its a dc on the pad just say its a dc and that is that. If they are too dumb not to know where the spawn points are too bad.

No one knows intentions or can claim to.

I had a woodstove issue at the beginning of therma. For all intents I was DC. Got back it was 10 6 with the other team looking.
I'm on the pad and a locust decides to pull in front and look right at me. One alpha and gone. Some idiot decided to team treason on my teammate so I told him to head to me and we will close on each other. I was fresh and sure enough they were chasing him. Simply put we won the match because i was overlook for his movement and whacked them all.

You just never know whats going on and the impatient mouth breathers who were losing hard wanted to move on. Well they won the match with ease no help from them.

Team treason guy less than 100 dam and one assist.

Losers team treason.. That simple.

#76 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

Wow... people are talking about culling gamers based on their perception of IQ?

This is the kind of crackpot idea that should never make it out of the slime at the bottom of the internet.

Walking away, slowly... maintaining eye contact.

Edited by Kjudoon, 30 November 2014 - 06:19 AM.

#77 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:24 AM

just report the people giving out your location.

#78 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

The AFK or DCed mechs, read the code of conduct. Let the other team find them. Some times the DCed or AFK does reconnect and interesting things have been know to happen. Like victory from the jaws of defeat.

#79 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 30 November 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

Wow... people are talking about culling gamers based on their perception of IQ?

This is the kind of crackpot idea that should never make it out of the slime at the bottom of the internet.

Walking away, slowly... maintaining eye contact.

When you see that people will openly put forward such ideas you can see society is on the precipice.

I feel like you do but look around at all the exceptionalism here on the forums. We are sliding fast from what we once were as a people. Its no longer a hand up but a machete swinging at the low branches. Fascism actually won some 60 years ago.

#80 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

(by various posters) ...[some claim about] low ELO players...

As far as I know there is no way to reliably discern a players ELO, if there is I'd very much like to know about it.

If it is just some arbitrary guesses about other players ELO it's probably wrong most of the time, very likely you have happened to see that player more in her good/bad/average matches and built a delusion of her supposed ELO around those examples.

View PostTastian, on 26 November 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

LOL, this is quite true. I have over 100 matches in my 3 Mist Lynx and most of them are very very bad. I had kind of hoped that my ELO for the light queue had dropped by alot thanks to this mech. And now that you mention it, the lower my ELO is dropping the more LRMs I'm seeing. But, I still see some top names (that I obviously can't mention). And sadly, one of the 3 people ratting me out was one of these persons (didn't recognize the other 2).

There seems to be this very sticky idea in many people's heads that there are some kind of "ELO brackets" or "ranges" that you can "be in". As far as I know this is pure conjecture. As I understand it you only have a ELO value that the MM uses to match individuals into teams, but this only alters what the combined ELO of your teammates are, not what "kind" of matches you are in. In the solo que, everyone basically plays the same matches.

This means, for the perpetual LRM debate, that all players face more or less the same amount of LRMs, and the only difference is that good players don't get hit.

In the group que there should be a kind of brackets forced by large groups of players, since the MM has to try and build a similar ELO team to face them. But since this is only possible at peak hours it should have a pretty meager ratio of success. And this would be the only situation where the MM puts you in a "bracket" because of your ELO.

Edited by Sjorpha, 30 November 2014 - 04:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users