9 replies to this topic

#1 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:29 AM

Where practically possible can the Clan section also include a thread similar to the Merc hiring hall in terms of people advertising themselves for recruitment?

I'm not adverse to the idea of individual threads or that some individuals may seek out the various details about the Clan related units but with the current setup this can at times leave an abundance of threads of a similar nature collecting in the Clan forum. And with the hopeful expectation of more people becoming attracted to the idea of playing as a member of the Clan society this could theoretically swamp the forum with personal hiring threads as opposed to topical content or player unit details and information that people may be trying to look for.

Suggestion: Maybe call any potential thread something like "Codex Commission" as opposed to "Hiring Hall"?

Edited by Noesis, 26 November 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#2 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

We are Clans. We do not "Hire" Freeborns, but allow them to serve the clan as Bondsman...

That's it for the RP. Now to the forum. Yup, it could be a nice idea. :)

#3 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 26 November 2014 - 04:24 AM, said:

We are Clans. We do not "Hire" Freeborns, but allow them to serve the clan as Bondsman...

That's it for the RP. Now to the forum. Yup, it could be a nice idea. :)

Thats is why I mentioned the context of the "Codex Commission" as opposed to Hiring, but obviously then using the phrase as an analogy to the thread in the MERCs forum so that people could understand the idea better.

Edited by Noesis, 26 November 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#4 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:08 AM

View PostNoesis, on 26 November 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Thats is why I mentioned the context of the "Codex Commission" as opposed to Hiring, but obviously then using the phrase as an analogy to the thread in the MERCs forum so that people could understand the idea better.

Don't worry I know it.
Nice name by the way "Codex Comission". I liiiiike it! :D

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

Well, i am not sure it would change much. There will be a swamp of PMs instead of threads :P

Honestly all the units seem to be pretty similar in their presentation to players looking for one.. Except the main difference like casualness and "lore-friendliness". I think that it would be easier for everyone if players looking for a Clan Wolf unit actually looked into the Clan Wolf Touman thread (as an example), checking their websites and their recruitment threads. A lot of info can be gathered just by looking at each unit's thread and website, instead of making people write every time the same story about how cool his unit is :rolleyes:

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

The clans also have a ritual known as the "Rite of Adoption" where an individual can join willingly.

#7 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 November 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Well, i am not sure it would change much. There will be a swamp of PMs instead of threads :P

Honestly all the units seem to be pretty similar in their presentation to players looking for one.. Except the main difference like casualness and "lore-friendliness". I think that it would be easier for everyone if players looking for a Clan Wolf unit actually looked into the Clan Wolf Touman thread (as an example), checking their websites and their recruitment threads. A lot of info can be gathered just by looking at each unit's thread and website, instead of making people write every time the same story about how cool his unit is :rolleyes:

He has got it, when it comes to Clans, they range from RP heavy to none at all, All of which can be found in their recruitment threads, and most of the time, if you know much to anything about the lore you will understand roughly what those different clans embody, because oddly enough those certain types are all drawn together, so our MWO clan units actually have a "flavor" similar to the lore based clans.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 26 November 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

He has got it, when it comes to Clans, they range from RP heavy to none at all, All of which can be found in their recruitment threads, and most of the time, if you know much to anything about the lore you will understand roughly what those different clans embody, because oddly enough those certain types are all drawn together, so our MWO clan units actually have a "flavor" similar to the lore based clans.

This is very true. Even warden and Crusader views actually exsistance as well. CSJ likes brute force and are very war like. CGB, or at least CGBI are all like a extended family.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 27 November 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

This is very true. Even warden and Crusader views actually exsistance as well. CSJ likes brute force and are very war like. CGB, or at least CGBI are all like a extended family.

Exactly. And Clan Wolf is pretty divided, and Jade Falcons might be a bit snobby (or just shy :P) as i do not see them very often in the forums.

#10 Harper Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 200 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:36 PM

Having something like the "Hall" would be cool
but Clan warrior would not work for money but Honor (loyalty)
having the Honor of helping Clan Wolf take or defend a world against IS barbarians would mean a lot and diff individual Dagger Stars would be able to brag about how much Honor (loyalty) they earned for fighting with Diff clans

I like the Codex Commission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users