No Smooth Frame Rates!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Halomationdude14

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have a custom built computer that cost around $1800 and has no trouble playing other games and has the fricking function to play in 3D!!! I have put all of the settings on the lowest possible and have the game in a very small window and i still can't get smooth frame rates making it impossible to play. And it's obviously not my internet any more because it was upgraded recently and we got a new cable and modem which makes it so the internet never cuts out. When I first built my computer it worked and i had issues with my hardrive so I had to get a new one. For some reason when iv'e recently downloaded "MWO" again I have terrible FPS most of the time and can't hit crap to save my life!! When I move the mouse it takes a whole second for the game to respond!!! Could someone please help me?

Specifications to computer:
- AMD processor: 4.0 G.Hz/ 4.2 boost - 8 quad core (maybe 16, I forgot)
- Western Digital hard drive: 1 terabyte
- MSI (gaming series) Geforce GTX 750 Ti with twin frozr gaming fans - OC edition (supported by Nvidia)
- Asus M5 A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard - triple intelligence
- G. Skill Trident X - 16 GB. of memory
- and I bought Antec's biggest baddest gaming case
- 8 functional fans inside of the case

My graphics card is the most powerful piece of hardware on my rig being a class 4 military grade, USED BY THE FRICKING MILITARY!!!

-(please excuse any and all raging and sarcasm in this post as I a very ticked off)

#2 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

Try to perform a "clean" reinstallation of your current video drivers. I had something similar happen, after updating.

Also check all ports/card/cables (power and etc) and make sure they are all firmly secured/connected. Check for heat issues, perhaps you have some dust build up. (though it sounds you just recently built your rig).

I do know while messing around inside your pc sometimes you can knock loose the heatsink very slightly and that can effect performance, requiring you to re apply it with thermal grease. This is just a last resort kinda thing, check temps and see how stable they are @ load.

Also it could be anynumber of things like running programs in the background, or even malware/adware or what have you. Do some housekeeping. Always always make backups before modifying anything. Practice safe computing and good luck hope you get it figured out!

Oh also there are some settings that effect processor in the bios, nto sure about amd stuff, but for intel there a thing as cool and quiet, and c1e and die throttleing, I would prolly load defaults, or your own defaults, but read your documentation about your hardware and check all those settings.

Edited by Omaha, 26 November 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#3 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

750 Ti will not be able to run the game at max settings comfortably. That being said you can do some things to help it run better. i need some more information about what you are running for your operating system and graphics driver version.

start > run > then type dxdiag.exe > then click "save all information"

>> video on youtube if you need more help on how to do this.

save the text file, then open with note pad. copy and paste the info about your computer operating system and drivers on this forum.

once we have your operating system version we can advise on changes you can make.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users