#21 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostSharpCookie, on 26 November 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

I recall seeing the exact promotion in the past, and thought to myself... Must be a joke. PGI attempt at humor. 20% is a depressingly low value given that it's for the biggest sales event of the year (in the USA). I honestly believed that were would be better deals in the future for MC given that mechs have a high MC cost ($15+ each).

Nope.

welcome to canada.

We don't even have those black friday sales in germany, and I have to say, I don't really need them. it's not like its the only official day where you allowed to buy stuff for discount. So I see no reason why this day exactly has to be such a greta deal at all.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 November 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#22 mindwarp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:32 AM

What is this Black Friday people keep going on about? Some kind of memorial for a massacre or natural disaster or something?

#23 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 26 November 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Black Friday is no longer just an AMerican tradition... its now International (and has been for years)

I've never heard of black friday before, I'm from Sweden. Just because it's been promoted in other countries by some online vendors as the link says that doesn't mean it's been established (or ever will be) as something traditional in peoples minds.

Sales are always nice though, unfortunately I won't be spending any money on myself this close to christmas so bad timing for me.

#24 Ursh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:38 AM

Given that the Firestarter and Huggin are about the only hero mechs that really pack a punch at this point, it's not a great deal.

#25 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:50 AM

2x XP conversion actually makes me consider converting XP to GXP...

#26 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Wait, you get 35% Discount on all Heroes. You get Double XP + Double XP Conversion. You get 20% more for MC sales.

And there is still morons that are like "That's crap, we wan't more!". What the heck do you want?

All mechs gifted to you instantly for free? Holy cow, this community is a mess.

Edit: Have to correct myself: This community is full of spoiled brats that think they are entitled to anything. I hope PGI at some point decide to never do any sales again since "the community did not want it, apparently"

Edited by Apocryph0n, 27 November 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#27 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 27 November 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

Wait, you get 35% Discount on all Heroes. You get Double XP + Double XP Conversion. You get 20% more for MC sales.

And there is still morons that are like "That's crap, we wan't more!". What the heck do you want?

I think most people were expecting 50% off heros and a discount on mastery packs of 20%. You know, it isn't like there is any reason not to have a big blowout sale, except that they know a large chunk of this community will shell out for a pittance of a discount on poorly priced things.

The 20% bonus on MC? Well, that seems ok, considering the current paypal promotion and the addition of sales, can't go too nuts with people wanting to buy big once and save forever.

#28 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

As far as numbers go, a 35% discount is good. However, 35% of expensive is still expensive.

#29 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 27 November 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

As far as numbers go, a 35% discount is good. However, 35% of expensive is still expensive.

On top of that MC is 20%% cheaper. You get 2 discounts on heroes, actually.

Edit: The neverending whining about the pricing is fun as well, you can spend dozens of hours in a Mech that you like. If you go out to have a few drinks over here you basically pay anything between 50 Euros and 500 for 1 evening of entertainment.

Edited by Apocryph0n, 27 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#30 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 27 November 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

Edit: Have to correct myself: This community is full of spoiled brats that think they are entitled to anything. I hope PGI at some point decide to never do any sales again since "the community did not want it, apparently"

So very true.
PGI offers a cookie and people demand a cookie factory.
Some people just can't get enough.

View PostApocryph0n, on 27 November 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Edit: The neverending whining about the pricing is fun as well, you can spend dozens of hours in a Mech that you like. If you go out to have a few drinks over here you basically pay anything between 50 Euros and 500 for 1 evening of entertainment.

QFT!

#31 Saobh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

Guys its a free to play game ... don't expect people who play something for free to not complain when they need to pay to get something their notion of wroth has been screwed with all these free to play games.

Yes they are expensive but they aren't hiding their price nor their worth nor are you obliged to buy them to get an advantage on other players. Until recently I haven't liked where this game was going, but these last 2 months they have seemed to have shedded some shackles and have been showing positive signs towards their community. So yeah I'll be contributing.

#32 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

From a marketing perspective, 20% seems low. If you actually sit down and do all the math on how 20% stacks with the other discounts, its okay.

But the first impression is the lasting impression...

#33 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:14 AM

20% extra is just another way saying 16.7% off, it's not significant.

But a sale is still a sale anyway, any saving is still saving, I guess.

#34 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:11 AM

erm.... 20% more MC...wait for an 50% Sale .....be happy with 70% Reduction.

Cant see why anyone complain here. :D

#35 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:17 AM

View Postsneeking, on 27 November 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

So 20% more credit 35% off most hero/champs exempting the latest editions double conversion and a bonus xp generation weekend all at once.

If combined thats got to be somewhere close to a 70% overall saving for new players, if your an old salty dog who owns most of it already and has hundreds of thousands of gxp then perhaps it may seem less exciting.

In which case your probably not the target demographic here, they have loyalty programs for people like you.

Yup it's quite a saving and I might actually - even tho I am an old salty dog - grab myself some MC, buy some mech bays for more standard variants and some Heroes to play with, bc I think this is actually a pretty sweet deal. Better than paying 60 Bucks for *RandomGenericShooter* Part 1255, which is an exact copy of its predecessor in a different setting with more explosions :D

Edited by Apocryph0n, 27 November 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#36 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostUrsh, on 27 November 2014 - 01:38 AM, said:

Given that the Firestarter and Huggin are about the only hero mechs that really pack a punch at this point, it's not a great deal.

Huggin ? Are you actually serious ?

Also this thread....

#37 QuantumButler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:34 AM

View PostSharpCookie, on 26 November 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

I recall seeing the exact promotion in the past, and thought to myself... Must be a joke. PGI attempt at humor. 20% is a depressingly low value given that it's for the biggest sales event of the year (in the USA). I honestly believed that were would be better deals in the future for MC given that mechs have a high MC cost ($15+ each).

Nope.

If PGI were sensible, Hero mechs would be 10 dollars at most, not almost 50, so...

#38 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

Black Friday is no where near the deals in Canada as it is in the States, I warned in another thread not to expect to see the crazy US Black Friday deals... Not saying I wouldn't like to see them here ;) Just saying I am not surprised that it's not what the Americans consider a good Black Friday deal ;)

#39 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 26 November 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Black Friday is no longer just an AMerican tradition... its now International (and has been for years)

Over 57 Billion dollars was spent last year(2013)Black Friday in the USA alone..... Over the past couple of years other Countries (including Canada) have participated in Black Friday because it brings in Sales and Profit...

Also the Largest Player Base is American (USA).... so for a Canadian Company to just completely ignore the main player base major Holiday is not good business...(PGI knows this)

Boxing Day is the most comparable day to Black Friday in Canada... and usually PGI celebrates that as well.... I like the fact that we get as players to enjoy other Countries Holidays together in the game.... Its almost as if there was a community like atmosphere even though we don't have Community Warfare (yet)

So now a 20% off Sale is a "complete ignore"? [redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:11 PM.
Language

#40 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 27 November 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

So now a 20% off Sale is a "complete ignore"? [redacted]

First of all... it's a 20% bonus.

PGI still gets their $100 for essentially, nothing.

Now that i look at it that way, i bet many folks would be far more happy with 25,000 MC for $80 compared to 30,000 MC for $100.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:11 PM.
Language in quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users