20% Mc Bonus Is Humdrum

Store

60 replies to this topic

#1 SharpCookie

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:10 PM

I recall seeing the exact promotion in the past, and thought to myself... Must be a joke. PGI attempt at humor. 20% is a depressingly low value given that it's for the biggest sales event of the year (in the USA). I honestly believed that were would be better deals in the future for MC given that mechs have a high MC cost ($15+ each).

Nope.

#2 Desolator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostSharpCookie, on 26 November 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

I recall seeing the exact promotion in the past, and thought to myself... Must be a joke. PGI attempt at humor. 20% is a depressingly low value given that it's for the biggest sales event of the year (in the USA). I honestly believed that were would be better deals in the future for MC given that mechs have a high MC cost ($15+ each).

Nope.

Well to be fair, the mech also have 35% discount. So you are getting 20% more and spending 35% less. Kind of seems like that is a pretty good sale to me.

Unless of course you are using your MC to buy Mech bays, Camo, paint, cockpit items. All things that are missing from the Black Friday event.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

so combine sales...

buy the MC when its on sale, and just hang onto it

then spend the MC when the mechs/camos/paints you want are 50% off

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

the biggest sales event of the year (in the USA)

Stabbing here, gunshot there, trampling on aisle 5, I'll pass.

Edited by Mystere, 26 November 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

At this point, this is the most PGI will ever give... unless things change.

So, it's a sad take it or leave it proposition.

#6 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm a little underwhelmed too. But it's mostly my own fault.

I'd just heard so many people talk about what a great deal the Black Friday/Xmas sale was and that i really should wait for it... that i just assumed it was something like 30%-50%.

Maybe to those many folks 20% is a great deal. Being Canadian though, i should have known better than to expect a truly stunning BF sale from a Canadian company.

I'll still get a pack... but not the 3 i was planning.

#7 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Nope.

I agree however they probably didn't want to do it at all. With these guys a sale on MC is kindof a "take what you can get and be happy with it" proposal.

#8 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

[redacted]...

...Wow.

Remember when I said playerbase is whipped? Yeah, this sums up that opinion quite nicely. Good to know that there are still plenty of people who would rather pay out the rear than fight for fair pricing.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.
Deleting unconstructive quote

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

[redacted]

You can think of it anyway you want but if they want me to buy MC at this point it better be more than 20% off :)

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.
Deleting unconstructive quote

#10 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Why are people still spending real money on Inner Sphere hero mechs? Some of them are almost 2 years old and have been regularly taking it up the backside with every new level of powercreep. And some of them were crappy even when they were new.

They were even kind of overpriced in early 2013, when the game was relatively new and you had years of C-bill farming in front of you. Now the game is getting older, most people have a lot more C-bills, a lot more mechs, and the prices only drop to 50% at certain sales. The incentive to spend real money is a lot lower now, because most of us probably won't be playing as much 2 years from now.

When there were fewer mechs in the game, you could kind of understand why people would pay for "new content", but there's over a hundred mechs in the game now. The hero mechs hardly offer a unique playing experience. I don't have time to regularly play 5 of my mechs, never mind all the mechs in the game. Just buy them for C-bills.

I still want to buy the Jester, Dragon Slayer and Pretty Baby. Maybe Sparky too. Let me know when they're available for C-bills or there's a 95% discount. There's plenty of other up and coming games to spend real money on, and I've got enough mechs as it is.

#11 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 November 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Spoiler

i know where you come from, that´s why i gave you a like... but on the other hand, i can understand newer players who aren´t that fed up as we are, who are facing the massive grind ahead of them... and even worse grind than we ever had to suffer from... heromechs and premium time are almost being forced on them if they want to get anywhere soon...

plus ye, there are still those "i want to have everything...EVERYTHING... that is in game... i understand it as much as you probably do, but they exist :)

#12 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 26 November 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

i know where you come from, that´s why i gave you a like... but on the other hand, i can understand newer players who aren´t that fed up as we are, who are facing the massive grind ahead of them... and even worse grind than we ever had to suffer from... heromechs and premium time are almost being forced on them if they want to get anywhere soon...
plus ye, there are still those "i want to have everything...EVERYTHING... that is in game... i understand it as much as you probably do, but they exist :)

Yeah, I can understand new players and wealthy completionists who either need their first hero mech (and don't want to spend 55 dollars on a clan mech) or want every mech in the game.

What I don't get is... everyone else. And it seems like "everyone else" are most of the people complaining about the prices.

#13 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

[redacted]

Black Friday is no longer just an AMerican tradition... its now International (and has been for years)

Over 57 Billion dollars was spent last year(2013)Black Friday in the USA alone..... Over the past couple of years other Countries (including Canada) have participated in Black Friday because it brings in Sales and Profit...

Also the Largest Player Base is American (USA).... so for a Canadian Company to just completely ignore the main player base major Holiday is not good business...(PGI knows this)

Boxing Day is the most comparable day to Black Friday in Canada... and usually PGI celebrates that as well.... I like the fact that we get as players to enjoy other Countries Holidays together in the game.... Its almost as if there was a community like atmosphere even though we don't have Community Warfare (yet)

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:07 PM.
Quote of unconstructive comment

#14 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:43 PM

I would rather buy MC at a 20% discount than no discount.

I doubt I will be buying anything at the moment but at least I will have a reserve for when a sale occurs on something I would really like.

Plus, it does help support the game.

Cheers!
Eboli

#15 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thread title should have used 'Humbug' rather that 'Humdrum'. Where is the Christmas spirit? :P

#16 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

PGI: "Hey would you like a brownie?"
MWO Players "[redacted]that brownie doesn't have frosting on it!"

Posted Image

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:08 PM.
Language

#17 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm probably going to buy a Misery and an Ember.
Technically its a 55% off sale for heros and champions via their MC prices.

#18 SharpCookie

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yeah. Got my entitled fat head [redacted]...

See any clans for sale? Not a thing. Just old IS stuff. Been there, done that.

A good sale is suppose to motivate you to buy without much thought or hesitation. There's plenty of both going on for this one. Hence, lackluster promotion and fewer people will buy. Say what you will, but if you think this is a good sale, then by all means please throw your money at PGI.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:08 PM.
Language

#19 Popper100

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostMercules, on 26 November 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

MWO Players "[redacted] that brownie doesn't have frosting on it!"

Reality:

" PGI: "Hey would you like brownie crumbs?"
MWO Players "... ****, it's better than the **** on a stick we usually get from you." "

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:09 PM.
Language in quote

#20 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

View PostMercules, on 26 November 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

MWO Players "[redacted] that brownie doesn't have frosting on it!"

Posted Image

Ill take a brownie with a big glass of milk =D

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 27 November 2014 - 03:09 PM.
Language in quote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users