$500 For Game Content, Are You Kidding Me?

244 replies to this topic

#1 Capt Stern

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

Why would any player, in their right mind, see charging $500 for content as anything except greed -and a clear indication of the mindset of those in charge of the game?

Any person in developement who finds such a thing acceptable, should have zero control when it comes to community relations. Any player who buys one of these packages should be ashamed of themselves -there are much more important things in life that deserve/require $500.

I realize, fully well, that this will piss off many people; I do not care. Why should anyone care what a person thinks if they can so callously throw money away?

#2 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image
[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 30 November 2014 - 05:41 AM.
Unconstructive

#3 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

Don't own one & never will.

But it's there choice to do as they wish with there money, but I can offer a much wider choice to with there money .

Give it to meeeee

But your way late on this one.

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:33 AM

There are those who would be willing to pay this, for what ever reason. It is an option they have.

#5 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostCapt Stern, on 27 November 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

I realize, fully well, that this will piss off many people; I do not care. Why should anyone care what a person thinks if they can so callously throw money away?

If you don't care what they think or any other, then why did you post this? And then in return why should they care what you think? If all you wanted to do was to piss people off, then you are just a troll and in fact, do care.

So what is the point of this post, who is it directed at, what is the suggestion to the game that you actually want to make?

#6 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

There's nothing wrong with giving people an option. You don't want it, don't buy it. But you have no right to take away the option for me to buy it.

#7 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Has anybody actually ever SEEN a Gold Mech?

#8 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

Some golden TBR, as well as DWF and WHK.....even one KFX and some SCR.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

Why would any player, in their right mind, see charging $500 for content as anything except greed -and a clear indication of the mindset of those in charge of the game?

Any person in developement who finds such a thing acceptable, should have zero control when it comes to community relations. Any player who buys one of these packages should be ashamed of themselves -there are much more important things in life that deserve/require $500.

Whaaat? What content?

The content of the game is mechs, some skills modules and maps.
If you buy a package preorder, you have the content as early access.
But there is no exclusive content at all with those packages. Only comsetic stuff.

Now people just have two options: grind Cbillsfor new mechs or buy mechs with reallife money.
Packs are cheaper in money/mech, and so people buy packs.

Whats the sense of going to a movie watching it there and paying money when after 2 years its on TV for free?
Because you want to watch it earlier.
Same applies to MWO, and all of this is indefinitely better than any P2W stuff.

And why is it greedy? its jus a bundle, and even if you pay those 500$ for the 13 mechs + a ton of goodies, so not even that expensive. It's just a single big bunch of money which makes people scary.

And more important things in live for 500$? That would rquiring to know that persons life. I studied for not havin monetary trouble sin my life and spending some money on the things I spend most time with is totally fine.

you can go to aclub ending to spend 50$ an evening. or play many evenings with that gold mech.
you can buy a bunch other hobby stuff and 500$ won't bring you far at all. Any miniature tabletop?

and probably your whole money can end up like this:

Posted Image

So let everyone else decide what HIS/HER money is worth to HIM/HER. Some people smoke cigarettes for 5$ a day. calculate how many this is over a single year. As long as no one has to starve for saving the money there isn't hardly something wrong about it.

So who should be pissed off and why? only those who want a golden TBR and can't get one may be XD.

View PostEns, on 27 November 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Some golden TBR, as well as DWF and WHK.....even one KFX and some SCR.

strange I have not seen a single golden TBR today even for it being the only one sold out.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 November 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

https://robertsspace...e-Completionist

/thread

welcome to the modern world of gaming. Where you can buy a NEw Honda Civic.....or a Star Citizen Package.

View PostDI3T3R, on 27 November 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

a dozen or so.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 27 November 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#11 Capt Stern

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

This is indicative of the mentality of the people in charge of the game; ignore that and you ignore how reality works. And, as far as me 'being too late' on complaining about this... I quit the game for two years. They still havent fixed the UI of the game or collision. All this money everyone spends on the game, and no real improvements. Yeah, mechs are the content of the game, but user friendliness is too and Pirahna has totally dropped the ball in that regard. The game is still as problem ridden as it was when I quit the first time. Have fun funding something that will never improve.

If you fatten the wallet of someone before they deliver a polished product, there will never be any polishing. HAHAHA I don't blame anyone for having hope; it is a very important human need. But have fun living in your own reality thinking the game design will improve. Tons of people have quit this game for exact same reason. Peace out

View PostSparks Murphey, on 27 November 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

Posted Image
[Redacted]

[Redacted - Keep comments on topic]

Edited by John Wolf, 30 November 2014 - 05:41 AM.
Insults - Unconstructive

#12 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

I can't believe they elected FDR to a fourth term. Idiots.

#13 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

You, Capt Stern, need to spend your money on a new internet connection. You are lagging by about 6 months...

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostCapt Stern, on 27 November 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

This is indicative of the mentality of the people in charge of the game; ignore that and you ignore how reality works. And, as far as me 'being too late' on complaining about this... I quit the game for two years. They still havent fixed the UI of the game or collision. All this money everyone spends on the game, and no real improvements. Yeah, mechs are the content of the game, but user friendliness is too and Pirahna has totally dropped the ball in that regard. The game is still as problem ridden as it was when I quit the first time. Have fun funding something that will never improve.

If you fatten the wallet of someone before they deliver a polished product, there will never be any polishing. HAHAHA I don't blame anyone for having hope; it is a very important human need. But have fun living in your own reality thinking the game design will improve. Tons of people have quit this game for exact same reason. Peace out

lol what a presumptive dipshit

OK, umad because your allowance wont let you buy pretty bauble, we got it.

#15 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

PGI has stated that IGP was behind the sale of the "gold mechs".

The sale was a year ago.

Why are you complaining NOW? The time to complain about the sale was back in December of last year. But to complain about a sale from a year ago makes YOU look like an out of touch ass.

#16 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 27 November 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

Maybe 3-4.

I noticed they have a tendency to lose one of their legs in the most inopportune of moments.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 27 November 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#17 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

I've likely spent that... just not at once. And guess what i'll buy a few more mc this weekend so i can skip grinding 2 of the Myst Lynx's via gxp conversion. It is people like myself and the gold mech buyers who keep this game going.

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

every time I see a thread like these, where they try to blame the cost of something on all the world's woes, it always seems to really comes down to "how dare there be something out of my personal price range!!!!!".

#19 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 November 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

https://robertsspace...e-Completionist

/thread

welcome to the modern world of gaming. Where you can buy a NEw Honda Civic.....or a Star Citizen Package.

a dozen or so.

ouch, 15k for a game that isn't even finished and probably totally overhyped. I mean the vision I great, but making that vision reality is probably beyond someones PC specs. Sure MWO coud also have a lot more nice things, but it an online game and by this has its very own issues. make terrain destructable and everthing that happens on the terrain needs to be transmitted to everyone. That is causing laod on the network. And on the local PC's for changing the terrain and stuff it may get problematic for some people to run MOW wit proper fps. Some already have enough issues.

#20 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostNikol Grall, on 27 November 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

...It is people like myself and the gold mech buyers who keep this game going.

I doubt that.

And even if I were wrong and you chosen few are not just telling yourselves a myth about being the pillar on which MWO rests...

then I question the business sense of those that decided to monetize a game in that way.

EDIT: But we have had that discussion already. Several times, in fact.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 27 November 2014 - 07:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users