Anyone Try A Stalker 4N With New Quirks

23 replies to this topic

#1 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

20% bonuses for LL heat, range, and cooldown look interesting for a 5 or 6LL build with a STD300 and as many heatsinks as I can pack on.

Anyone try it?

#2 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

No need for 5 or 6 LL. they are to hot.

STK-4N

This one keeps on firing and firing and firing. And at a rapid rate.. 24 DHS keeps this mech quite cool.

So yeah, go get it!

Edited by theta123, 27 November 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

I use Missiles with mine. It's great.

#4 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Will give it a try then. Need the third stalker to master the chassis, have the 3F and 5M.
Can always just load up 4LPL and grind the 4N to basic so I can elite the 3F and 5M.

#5 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Posttheta123, on 27 November 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

STK-4N

This one keeps on firing and firing and firing. And at a rapid rate.. 24 DHS keeps this mech quite cool.

So yeah, go get it!

Can confirm. There isn't a need for more than four LL, in my opinion. I used to run this build in the 3F with much success since that's the mech I had at the time. When the quirks came out, I bought a 4N and saw a dramatic improvement. With the 3F, I could chain fire for 37.9 seconds (total of 37 shots fired) on Forest Colony. I thought that was pretty impressive. With the quirks on the 4N, I am able to fire nonstop for one minute and twelve point nine seconds (72 individual beams). I like the chain fire because it's cooler, obviously, but also because you're constantly bathing the target in that sweet blue beam, and they often don't realize how much damage their taking. With a steady hand, you will melt things. LL range module will put your effective range out to something like 585 meters, which is pretty sweet. Even if/when you do get close to your heat threshold, you'll cool very quickly. One of my favorite builds.

#6 Neutant

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

Been using 5 Large Laser on the S stalker forever. I'm pissed they gave those quirks to the N its one of the two i don't have. Average 600+ damage.(always top damage score) Imposible to kill if you spread right. Really only use 2 Lasers grouped on each side for heat control the 5th is for those moments when shooting 5 L Laser arises. someone pops out and i know i'm only going to see them for a second. and when you piss me off.
(i've tried just 4 lasers and my score isn't as good, probably my play style though)

Love Stalkers, when i'm done bruting around and welding torsos togeather I hop in then 5M for more easy play style and shoot 70 LuRM volleys from the back of the battlefield.

Many other fun builds too. 5 SRM 6 fired same time w/artimis at a well placed hit I've gotten more "one shot kills" than any other.

Happy Hunting

#7 Johnny Rico

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

mines a decent build,hot but decent

std 280
2ll
2 erll
2er ppc

#8 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

I prefer to use 6 large lasers instead of 4. It runs hotter, but the burst damage is higher. But, I haven't bought the large laser cooldown module yet. It may provide a high enough refire rate to justify using only 4 lasers.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...71d54e7c3c114df

#9 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Very solid 4 LL mech.

#10 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

STK-4N

So yeah, go get it!

I'd build mine out this way, but drop the Beagle for a STD 310 upgrade.

#11 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

STK-4N

So yeah, go get it!

STK-4N

just a little addition keeps lights away. its only half a ton, but with 360 module, lights just wont play that "get between your legs" game

#12 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

That Dawg, you have room to add Endo to that build, saving you 4 tons. This would let you increase the engine to a 310 and up the Streak ammo to 2 tons...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8a2aa596c593848

Also, I think addition of Streaks is a good call, if you're only gonna run 4 large lasers instead of 6.

Edited by Crotch RockIt, 02 December 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#13 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

correct, I was trying to post that before heading out for work.
with all the lights buzzing around, just a few streaks will keep you safe(er)
I highly recommend 360 targeting module- strongly worth it, keeps them locked even if they run behind you, and I swear I've seen streaks turn a corner and chase a pest to an early grave.

#14 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:05 PM

Anyone running four large pulse?

#15 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

I don't have the 4n but all my other Stalkers (including Misery) has 4 x LPLs loaded with as many heatsinks. I usually have 1 LPL in each arm and 1 in each side torso apart from the one stalker which has an energy point in the CT.

Prefer to go with a LPL in the side torso because you will eventually lose your arms thus I having ST weapons lets you keep going for longer. I fire off 2 at a time to reduce heat build up but will alpha when a juicy target presents itself or I know that damage versus heat is a good tradeoff.

I find this loadout very effective, especially when taking on those damn TBRs. A few strikes in their CT and you see them pop :)

The 4 LPL builds have got me over a 1000 damage a few times now and I have only been playing assaults "full-time" over the last week. Mainly a light player but moving up/practicing to Heavy and Assault for CW.

Cheers!
Eboli

#16 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

ugh
ran 4LPL's last night a few battles, overheats like the classic old stalker.
pity I dropped the cbills into that experiment.
I DID like its ability to literally blast targeted orange components off.
wubwubwuchaching! there goes an arm.
I also chain fired a scampering locust around 250 meters, took both legs out, one then the other- was tracking, overshot the killzone when he slammed to a halt, had to back up the lasers. Took...all of 4-5 seconds from start to finish. they do dish out the damage...but the heat
but when it boils to a brawl...

#17 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hey That Dawg,

Yes, you have to be careful in not firing them all off within a second off each other. One of my Stalkers has a 1.4 heat dissipation rating and as long as I am only firing off 2 LPLs at a time I can go for a while. With a lot of heat sinks any residual heat drops pretty quick as well. Perfect situation is when the heavies and mediums are taking the enemies focus (ie you are a tad behind them) and you can lay on the heavy fire with little return fire.

Not for everyone but it helps me with my 240+ ping in ensuring I can get better pin point damage when HSR these days is questionable.

Cheers and good luck finding a build that works for you!
Eboli

#18 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

I put 3 LPLs on a Fang, got 1,100 damage in my first round. Since then, I've been cramming LPLs onto every mech I can, quirked or not!

My Misery currently packs 4 LPLs, 2 in each arm. Left arm, left click. Right arm, right click. Real simple. LPL Range Module, LPL Cooldown Module, STD300, AMS, 1t ammo, lots of heat sinks (I think it runs Endo-steel as well, will have to check after work).

Very dangerous for sure, and the Misery doesn't quirk lasers very much. The 4N I think would work well with 4 LPLs, just make sure you don't alpha-strike them (too much heat).

The LPL does 11 damage each, firing two pairs of LPLs is like hitting the enemy with 2xAC20s; except the LPL hits instantly (no need to lead targets) and a range up to 400m, much farther than the AC20, AND the Stalker's arms are high mounted and side mounted; making it perfect for ridge humping or corner-peaking.

One more thing, the LPL has a much shorter duration. One of the issues with the LL is that when you shoot it, the enemy can find out exactly where you are firing from. With LPLs you can poke quickly then hide, leaving the enemy less sure where the shot came from. Also the shorter duration concentrates more damage on a single spot, rather than spreading damage across your enemy.

All in all, I'm an LPL advocate. Give it a try!

#19 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostFlyby215, on 09 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I put 3 LPLs on a Fang, got 1,100 damage in my first round. Since then, I've been cramming LPLs onto every mech I can, quirked or not!

[snipperty do dah...]

All in all, I'm an LPL advocate. Give it a try!

You're a man after my own heart. In complete agreement with you and I have spent a small fortune buying LPL Range modules (plus a small amount of LPL Cooldown) module for my mechs.

Pulse lasers seem to be the one weapon which I can rely on doing proper damage in the proper location for Stormcrows and Timberwolves.

Cheers!
Eboli.

#20 BigFatGator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 265 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 08 December 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

ugh
ran 4LPL's last night a few battles, overheats like the classic old stalker.
pity I dropped the cbills into that experiment.
I DID like its ability to literally blast targeted orange components off.
wubwubwuchaching! there goes an arm.
I also chain fired a scampering locust around 250 meters, took both legs out, one then the other- was tracking, overshot the killzone when he slammed to a halt, had to back up the lasers. Took...all of 4-5 seconds from start to finish. they do dish out the damage...but the heat
but when it boils to a brawl...

Put your two left LPL's into group 1, your two right LPL's into group 2. Set both to chainfire. You can then doubleclick left, then doubleclick right and get out a lot of firepower quickly or slow it down to avoid ghost heat and slow down further to cool off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users