112 replies to this topic

#101 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostShadey99, on 09 July 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Go full out with 4xMPL... It's crazy hot, but no one sees it coming til their armor peels off like wet paint... xD

I haven't tried that build but I imagine you have to shave two tons worth of armor ... not a good start.

#102 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostBrizna, on 12 July 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

I haven't tried that build but I imagine you have to shave two tons worth of armor ... not a good start.

I sold my Myst Lynxs as I ran out of mechbays, but as I recall I had just enough space if I striped the head of armor... It's not a very good serious build, but as an ambush predator...

#103 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

3MPL or 4 ML's is an ok pug build.
decent heat, ample firepower, not a fan of losing the ecm however

#104 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 10 July 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Sadly, it redlines all too quickly when you are jumping constantly. :ph34r:

That is true, when its bug out time your heat can stay maxed out since the JJs screw your cooling. I love finding that stray missile boat with little or no backup lasers though and seeing them panic as I chew through their CT. I have had a few epic runs in CW with it on Hellebore springs where I flew to the top of the Mesa near Omega and just pummeled on Stalkers that were in the canyon below trying to snipe towards the defenders of Omega.

By the time they figured out what was going on and got some snipers on high ground far enough away to get me off of there I did damage way above my weight class every time.

#105 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

In Battletech lore the Arctic Cheetah was developed as a replacement for the Mist Lynx, so the Mist Lynx will never be more desirable than the Arctic Cheetah.

#106 PaeuxP22

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Face hug, face hug with flamers. Your so small and bouncy your actually quite hard to hit when in close. Extremely funny if nothing else

#107 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

I often times come in with good match score and high damage in my Mist Lynx B with 4 clan small pulse lasers. I don't think it's a bad mech at all. Just most people don't get how it works.

Edited by Mole, 25 August 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#108 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 23 July 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

In Battletech lore the Arctic Cheetah was developed as a replacement for the Mist Lynx, so the Mist Lynx will never be more desirable than the Arctic Cheetah.

I don't know much lore outside of what MW2 taught me so this would have been good information to have before I dropped $30 on the MLX pack. "What a fun little light mech" he thought "Oh! With ECM too! :BUY:"

#109 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 10 September 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I don't know much lore outside of what MW2 taught me so this would have been good information to have before I dropped $30 on the MLX pack. "What a fun little light mech" he thought "Oh! With ECM too! :BUY:"

Lore aside, the mech in MWO is not bound by lore 100%. PGI will find ways to improve it's condition.

#110 Sidewinder619

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

Well for me this mech is a giant POS. I am ready to uninstall MWO for good and never come back - I have NEVER survived a match in it and prob never will despite it being elite skilled. I guess I am the fault as I suck at MWO and should stop playing and never return to embarrass my team mates

#111 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

We need PGI to make a MLX-P.

The lore MLX-P is an actual mech that mounts four micro lasers, three micro pulses, and an ERLL. I could see PGI giving it a timeline-friendly stock loadout of cERML + 7x cERSL + 2x DHS. And voilà, we have a MLX with eight energy hardpoints that's lore-friendly.

Oh yeah, and they need to unlock the cAP.

#112 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:16 AM

Hi I have actually considered buying a Mist Lynx recently, because I wanted an upgrade to my ERPPC Panther. Although they are slightly slower than the Panther it does have some pretty good acceleration quirks. I didn't follow through mainly because of the re-balancing and how expensive it is.

I read some initial posts where the Mist Lynx were being compared to the ACH, Spiders and Firestarters. I'm not so sure if they could be compared like that even though they're all light mechs. We should compare their roles instead. For example, the ACH and Firestarters, to me are hunters. Spiders, are scouts. And my Panther acts as a long range skirmisher, and I wanted a Myst Lynx to fulfill the same role. Because its a 25 tonne mech, 1xERPPC is pretty much all it can take, and pretty much all I need for the role I will use it for. An upside would be the Lynx's jumping capabilities (62.44m) compared to my Panther's (7.44m). If the quirks remains, I'll probably get one....

#113 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

View Postpurplewasabi, on 10 November 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

An upside would be the Lynx's jumping capabilities (62.44m) compared to my Panther's (7.44m). If the quirks remains, I'll probably get one....

Strange. Your Panther must exist in an alternate universe where Panthers can only jump 7.44m. My mechlab says 29.73m (and one variant reaches 59.46m). You're forgetting that the MLX has 6 jumpjets equipped and your Panther can equip more than one if you choose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users