Mist Lynx Is Fail Mech

112 replies to this topic

#41 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

For me, it's just those arm hitboxes. My arms soak up all the damage which would be fine if they were shield arms but every single one of the its weapons is in the arms. I find most games that I lose my arms unusually fast and because I have no weapons or ECM or anything left to contribute, I'm better off running off the map or DCing. It's absurdly frustrating. I haven't even finished getting the basic efficiencies because it's that bad. I've stopped using it in favor of the Pirate's Bane, which I do so much better in.

#42 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Mechs do not need arms nor weapons to contribute.

#43 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

Easy fix, change the name to Pist Lynx and WINNING!

#44 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

for me it is the speed that kills it. Tweaked mediums and heavies can keep up with you or move faster than you.

trying to run away? Nope, Dragon behind you can you can't run fast enough.

#45 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

All this weekend, I scored regularly in the 300-500 dmg range. Even made it into the 600's and 700's on occasion. This is a potent mech once you learn how to pilot and equip it to maximize it's unique strengths.

#46 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

i've spent all day with these thing and I have come to the conclusion that they suck. they are the worst light mech in the game.

SOO damn slow...not enough weapon capabilities. Heck, the Pirates Bane can do more than these things and they are a ton faster.

the speed is the killer next to the low amount of weapons you can place on them. As someone who plays mainly lights and has at least 3 of each it has no contest VS any other light mech chassis there is.

#47 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:32 AM

Two SRM packs and a small laser, I do well, not great, but well.

#48 Valdae Levien

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

MIst Lynx is better now. 3 small pulse and 2 srm 4. Last game got 6 kills, but regularly getting 1-2 at least.

#49 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

I enjoy my new purchase, though I sold the C. I run the B stock and it performs well, I changed my PRIME to

MPL
2 SRM 4
ECM

I think it's bogus that the arm with the ECM can't handle a weapon, any weapon.

#50 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

As i said before, its a fun mech to play, but its the worst mech on the game. They need to redo the hit boxes or give it alot of buffs

#51 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Nonsense, its a great mech.

#52 Gwynnbleidd

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorthrhine-Westfalia, GER

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

Compared to IS lights bad? That's obviously wrong. Let me expand.

Weight class is 25 tons. The IS equivalent is the Commando. Stock speed of Mist lynx is faster. Because of clan tech it can fit bigger rockets. SSRM 4's or SRM 6's, yes please! Aaand ... jump jets. A big plus for something that can't take a beating.
A wub-Firestarter picks you apart, of course. More armor, more punch. So, don't brawl with Jenners, Spiders or Firestarters without backup. You will die. Horribly. They are 10 tons heavier than you and faster most of the times. Go hunt some bigger targets with your rockets and you'll be fine.

So, if you're accustomed to Commandos or -god help me- Locusts, you will love the Mist Lynx.
If you're looking for a Firestarter-a-like ... don't pick up the MLX. Sadly, there's no Clan mech who provides the brawling power of IS 35er's. The Kit Fox is only good for ECM and long range fire support. Like (most of) the Ravens.

#53 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

They jump around a lot, so you have to use that. They can be really hard to kill when they're doing pop-tart crap or leaping over giant hills. In flat open ground they're not much of a threat.

They have a lot more firepower than a spider 5v, which is the only other mech that seems to compare to their airtime.

#54 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Fun mech to play but realistically its too glassy and too slow. I rather it not be both its just a bad combination. This thing really should be moving as fast as IS lights given it's limitations. Heck even the locust by comparison can boast that it's the fastest mech in the game.

Edited by W A R K H A N, 06 February 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#55 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

Don't think of the Mist Lynx as a light, think of it as a really small medium.
Your advantages in a mist lynx is the small size, and the ability to get in some really unusual places. Nothing (well, maybe a spider V with full JJ) can outjump it. This mech can jump the walls in HPG Network, meaning you can quite easily avoid op for, and get to some good vantage points.
The key to survival is move from somewhere strange or really high, to somewhere else really strange/high, and rinse and repeat - never stop moving, and always be somewhere your not expected.
I had great success with the MLX-B, packing 4 medium lasers (smurfy);
Posted Image
Posted Image

And also, for giggles, the ERPPC + ECM MLX-Prime (smurfy);
Posted Image
Posted Image

In summary, I find the Mist Lynx challenging, but rewarding :)

#56 RecklessFable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

The problem with the Mist Lynx is it isn't able to makeup for the fact that the other Clan Lights are just mediums with poor armor. As the sole bright hope for Clans to have an actual scout, it is t one we all try to use in lieu of the broken Firestarter or even the Jenner, Spider or hell, Locust...

#57 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

But wait. At least it has Hand Actuators... Oh wait those do nothing in this game.

[Thanks for the posts guys, I was actually looking into wasting money on one. PASS]

Edited by rolly, 14 April 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#58 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

you cant compare it to anything other than the commando due to it being 25tons. that said, it can hold its own against them just fine. I played with the stock and killed several mechs while using a support/ambush role. as with any light, its L2P what is right for your playstyle

#59 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

The only problem is that if you install ECM, you lose most of your weapons.. ECM needs to be in the torso.

Otherwise, the Myst Linx is one of my favorites, becouse it is designed to do pure harrasment and kill stealing, darting around the battlefield like a bee, stinging where it hurts. It's not designed to go toe-2-toe with a raven, but to annoy the piss out of that stalker that's hurting your friends..

I use 1xLRM10 and 2xCMPL on it, and with that, regularly do 300-500 damage per match.

In CW matches, it works amazing to kill generators, and harras nearly everyone on the field, scoring 20+ kill assists.

I love it. But yes, it is easy to destroy.

#60 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

I've mastered my Myst Lynx's and I don't think they are so bad. They do need to be played like a small medium, but they compare favorably to Spiders and Commandos. I do have the ECM variant (running a ER LL+MPL in the other arm), the missile variant, and the A with dual AMS. I'm not super likely to carry a match with any of them, but the ECM variant acts a lot like a smaller Raven 3L or Spider 5D (Sniper). The Missile Raven is a bigger Commando with 3 lasers and 2 SRM6. The A variant is again like a Spider, but this time the K. All mechs I've owned or played at some point. The speed is not so great, but it forces you to play smart and stick to cover more instead of going all crazy lone gunman. Also it lets you know what your prey is: Assaults and slow heavies. Leave the other stuff for the rest of your team unless you have a good shot and only act with your team, not on your own.

Edited by Shadey99, 01 May 2015 - 04:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users