112 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Is it me or is the mist lynx a huge fail?
Im a veteran pilot, so i do have alot of diferent classes mechs. But compared to the IS lights, i feel that this mech is so squashy, so easelly killed!
This mech needs his hit boxes fixed... or make it broken like the spider!

#2 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

It could use a better engine or we could costumize it alot better than it is

After so many games, it was a real pain to finish basic on all of them. And it didnt got better at all, no noticeable diference whatsoever. Still cant get any punish. Compared to the commando, its easy killed!
This mech needs a buff urgently. It cant go 1 on 1 against any other light mech, including the locust. Either you kill steal or you cant do it on your own.
This mech could work as a support role, but as soon as it is target, it will almost instantly loose any body parts.

Concluding, this mech needs to be reworked alot!

#3 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

Answer to you is: Both.

You can work around it's massive downsides through piloting a bit, but it's still a gimped mech compared to IS Lights :P

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

But at least it's practically a VTOL...

#5 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 28 November 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

Answer to you is: Both.

You can work around it's massive downsides through piloting a bit, but it's still a gimped mech compared to IS Lights :P

I'm with Apoccryph0n on this one. Its actually not a bad mech, but does have downsides. I can't play it like my spiders or commandos, but it can hold its own very well.

For me, what I find works is the B config, or 4 cermlas. stick to the pack, and bounce between the flanks. If there is cover, do some poptarting. That tends to get me some good damage, and kills most matches, but if I have a head-space error, then more than likely I am dead or disarmed.

#6 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

Only think I wish is that the ECM was on a torso and not an arm.... otherwise, I am good with it.

#7 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

I love my set of Lynx.

#8 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

Or is it?
Posted Image
Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn.

#9 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 28 November 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Or is it?
Posted Image
Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn.

That GIF is officially the most amusing thing I have seen all year. :D

...But seriously, other than my SSRM-heavy 'Mechs, I have yet to see a Mist Lynx just fall apart at the hands of my weapons. Partially because I must have arthritis or something and my aim sucks.
I have also yet to pilot any of mine outside of the Testing Grounds, so no idea how I will do in one. :P

#10 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

Well, you need to adjust your playstyle acording to any mech to be honoest, and i have yet to find what type of playstyle is good to the MLX.
Still, its not survivable whatsoever. Im hit all the time, wich makes me think its not as tiny as it looks like, and that when it hits, the damage seems to be alot!
That is why i say that this mech is the weakest mech on the game, even against any commando or locust.
As a Clan light mech, this 25t mech needs to be more agressive and be able to get hit and survive like a spider or a commando!

#11 SunshineActual

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

I don't pilot lights a ton but enjoy dabbling with them anyway. I kept seeing these posts about the Mists being DOA. Their arms get blown off! They don't go fast enough! Their jump jets are hard wired! I have to sacrifice firepower for ecm! They don't perform like my IS light...

I am thinking ppl are just doing it wrong. Run the mech as designed... Clan lights support their heavys and assaults so their speed is fine. Trying to force a mech to do something it doesn't have the tools to do is a recipe for disaster. It's not a IS light. Its not a spider guys. It's not a scout. It can go head to head with some is lights if the pilot knows what they are doing but it shines in scrims supporting others. Helping create a sense of target saturation. imho

I have run these a few times and did fine certainly didn't always lose my arms, and I didn't run ecm every time I stuck to my group supported the big guys. Lights chased me I led them into theheavies...

The mech has limitations all do. It's the pilots job to overcome that or find another mech. Drive it to its strengths.

Now I didn't do anything to write home about in the mlx but I thought I would instantly die based on the forums. And I have been dropping against some ppl rockin mlx's.

Happy drops all!

#12 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

I dont think that ping is an issue to be hit so hard everytime someone aims at me... wich is around 180... im in europe.
I do think is because its low speed and broken hit boxes...

#13 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Another match on the swamp map, a Firestarter with SPL just saw me, counldn run away, and he only needed 3 shots to destroy my leg, torso and eventually destroy me.

Honestly, the MLX is a fail mech no matter what build you do it or what playstyle you do it. Once someone targets you, you wont last long...

1vs1 against a locust... he shrewd me easelly...

The most fail mech on the game... i wont advise him to anyone

#14 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

I rather enjoy them. Having said that, I tend to end games without arms. If just one of those variants had a torso or chest mounted hard point, I would be satisfied. The body is tough; I survive most games, but those weak, little, arms are a serious design flaw.

#15 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 November 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Another match on the swamp map, a Firestarter with SPL just saw me, counldn run away, and he only needed 3 shots to destroy my leg, torso and eventually destroy me.
The most fail mech on the game... i wont advise him to anyone

Those SPLx9 Firestarters can crack open an Atlas in 3 shots. The MLX is not forgiving, but it is a decent mech for an experienced light pilot.

#16 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostBluefalcon13, on 28 November 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm with Apoccryph0n on this one. Its actually not a bad mech, but does have downsides. I can't play it like my spiders or commandos, but it can hold its own very well.

For me, what I find works is the B config, or 4 cermlas. stick to the pack, and bounce between the flanks. If there is cover, do some poptarting. That tends to get me some good damage, and kills most matches, but if I have a head-space error, then more than likely I am dead or disarmed.

Except thats just masking for its woeful performance. Having mastered them I can't see a reason to use them over even my Pirates Bane. Its slow compared to its IS competitors, bad hitboxes and all its armament in very weak arms. I get an ECM warning, notice its a MLX and I just automatically blow off its other arm then ignore it. It does well as an ERPPC/ECM pop tart but that's it. Its saving grace is its JJ and on its own without good quirks that doesn't much help it.

#17 Gabriel Sapphon

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:23 PM

Its a decent little mech, when the situation is right. Best way I use it is to jump in behind an enemy while its fighting others. If it gets looked at then its dead, those jump jets let you get out of dodge well and are the only thing that keeps me alive, Its really unforgiving, my locust has more survivability. It really does need an armor quirk for those arms also and perhaps a small movement bonus like the locust has (Nowhere near as powerful though). Also removing the forced BAP in the head would help it out a load. Jump jets can stay fixed, it really needs them or it just dies.

#18 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

I love mine. They are a blast to play.

We cant have everything super powerful. Even the new Hellbringer is fun despite having every shot land on ONLY the CT due to its Super Conductor Bullet Magnet 2000 system fitted there.

Perhaps its the WAY you are all playing it and clan mechs in general.

Its not a lone ranger, its not a scout hunter either, thats the Ice Ferrets job.

Its an easily ignored pint sized ECM back stabber and red smoke dropper that tears through melees while its bigger starmates are pulling things apart.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 29 November 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#19 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 29 November 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

I love mine. They are a blast to play.

We cant have everything super powerful. Even the new Hellbringer is fun despite having every shot land on ONLY the CT due to its Super Conductor Bullet Magnet 2000 system fitted there.

Perhaps its the WAY you are all playing it and clan mechs in general.

Its not a lone ranger, its not a scout hunter either, thats the Ice Ferrets job.

Its an easily ignored pint sized ECM back stabber and red smoke dropper that tears through melees while its bigger starmates are pulling things apart.

Except it can't tear through anything.....

A FS9-A can tear through things ... a MLX can't.

#20 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

mine does.... are you doing it wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users