62 replies to this topic

#1 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

So it would appear that IGP has officially went under, their website along with the Mechwarrior Tactics website seems to have been taken down. I for one will say good riddance to bad rubbish. Piranha Games did themselves a huge favor by buying themselves out from under their control, otherwise MWO may have followed the same fate.

Edited by Outlaw, 27 November 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

*Salutes* Although I've never played MW tactics it's sad to see any MW related game stop production. :(
I am happy that PGI is still able to produce MWO though

Edited by Mech42Ace, 27 November 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#3 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

Were they still collecting Monies for the Game all this time it was in Limbo...I guess since Dec 13' when Blue Lizard games was removed from its development? This might be a Fraud case

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 27 November 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Were they still collecting Monies for the Game all this time it was in Limbo...I guess since Dec 13' when Blue Lizard games was removed from its development? This might be a Fraud case

Yes, they were still collecting money, and managed to keep their lack of a developer secret until it got leaked around july this year.

#5 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

R.I.P.? More like R.I.H. (Rot in Hell) me thinks. That's one dirty trick they pulled with MW-Tactics.

#6 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:17 AM

I'm just happy we still got MechWarrior. That's enough for me. Sad that MW tactics didn't get off to a good start. It was just too much for me to handle. And borrrrriiinnnggg! If a choice between it and MechCommander; I'll take MechCommander any time and twice on Sunday.

#7 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 27 November 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Yes, they were still collecting money, and managed to keep their lack of a developer secret until it got leaked around july this year.

Pretty Underhanded then

#8 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

IGP is gone? Good. They were ruining this game.

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 November 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Not sad to see it go. Maybe sad it went under and people lost their jobs but that company sucked and was dragging this game down (not that it is perking up again right now).

Not to start a war but you're kidding right? CW is finally arriving? Balance improvements? Content is coming in faster than before? That, and PGI is more open and transparent about what they're doing behind the scenes than I've ever seen before.

If you ask me this game did a total 180 degree turn and is now well on its way to being great. It's got a long way to go, but it's getting there and fast. Sure, there's still overpriced content packs and it has grindy repetitive arena-shooter-mech-simulator gameplay, but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to MMOs.

Edit: Whoops, I feel stupid. I meant to put IGP. Fixed.

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 28 November 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#9 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 28 November 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

PGI is gone? Good. They were ruining this game.

Not to start a war but you're kidding right? CW is finally arriving? Balance improvements? Content is coming in faster than before? That, and PGI is more open and transparent about what they're doing behind the scenes than I've ever seen before.

If you ask me this game did a total 180 degree turn and is now well on its way to being great. It's got a long way to go, but it's getting there and fast. Sure, there's still overpriced content packs and it has grindy repetitive arena-shooter-mech-simulator gameplay, but that's the nature of the beast when it comes to MMOs.

IGP, Infanate Game Publishing, the former publisher which PGI got rid of a few months ago are who this thread is about.
not PGI, Piranha Games Interactive, the developer who since parting ways with IGP seem to have been making good progress with MWO. they are not the same company despite the simular acronyms

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 28 November 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#10 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

Guess we got lucky on this one.

#11 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

The only thing Battletech about Mechassault was the mechs, everything else just played like a cookie cutter third person shooter. Mechwarrior Online and the Mechwarrior series in general has been about the simulation aspects of piloting one of the war machines from the Battletech universe from the cockpit.

#12 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

http://raymondchabot...-publishing-inc

They've sold their remaining assets.

#13 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 28 November 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

IGP, Infanate Game Publishing, the former publisher which PGI got rid of a few months ago are who this thread is about.

But but.... IGP is PGI backwards ! :wacko:

#14 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 November 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

You guys are praising PGI and MWO for just giving you the original MechWarrior game but Multiplayer and a lot less entertaining. They are the same game just with updated graphics and multiplayer. Just drop in a mech and fight to the death. Nothing more nothing less. This game has taken MechWarrior and reduced it to a storyless, soulless, grinding, fiesta of deathmatches.

not to burst you're bubble mate, but:
most of the times when someone posts that they are fed up with MWO they also say they returned to Mechwarrior 4 or 3 since its "so much better"
and not heavy gear, or Armored Core
PGI did good on creating a feel of Mechwarrior when you're piloting a mech, though TTK is too short
they just need to cram a lot more things to do into the game than grinding C-Bills

I guess many would be actually happy about a Mechwarrior with better graphics, and better balanced multiplayer
hell I'm sure many would buy the same game with better graphics and a modern engine ;)

why would you want to have a Mechwarrior that doesn't feel like Mechwarrior?
such a game would be called Hawken, Titanfall, or ...
to everyone they're own mate

back to topic

hmm
looks like this game did a 180, here's hoping :D
so good riddance IGP

View PostShinVector, on 29 November 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

But but.... IGP is PGI backwards ! :wacko:

ya I know is funny ain't it?
tinfoil hats at the ready
Posted Image

Edited by Peter2k, 29 November 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#15 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 29 November 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

Why is it that there are only around 100k active players anymore when there are 800k registered accounts?

Where did you get that information? :blink: I have a hard time believing that. The game seems to have a fairly sizable playerbase to me, as it's not often that I seem to run into the same player twice. But then, I don't read the names of who I play with that often anymore.

#16 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

This world does not want Simulation anymore people.

well 65 million $ in SC beg to differ, though the game still has to prove itself
funded by some i*iots who love that dead genre
side note: if you can gain an advantage in a game using a HOTAS Warthog than its a simulator :P

All it is, is a grind. You can't deny all it is, is endless grinding. Why would anyone care to play when it is such utter crap.

well read fail I guess:

View PostPeter2k, on 29 November 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

they just need to cram a lot more things to do into the game than grinding C-Bills

blowing things up is fun?
blowing mechs up is fun?
well I like the core combat still

again
I wrote:

View PostPeter2k, on 29 November 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

to everyone they're own mate

also remember all those successful games back in the day?
that didn't have anything to offer besides endless deathmatch, or quite some games today as well I guess
I enjoy Far Cry 4 at the moment, but all in all its just kill something here, than kill something there with better eyecandy

Until MechWarrior Online is a true MechWarrior game and not FPS it is not worth my time. If it wants to be MechWarrior it needs to be MechWarrior. If it wants to be successful it needs to change for the demands of the people. I will only support it when it decides to be MechWarrior, or it becomes a success in he eyes of the world because right now it is trying to be both and has reduced itself to a MW Franchise version of Hawken or Heavy Gear.... without the fun.

I didn't know that any modern MechWarrior game was a success
I mean compared to what?
goat simulator? or a AAA Game?

its a niche
I think that as long as MWO can cater to those who love the niche that MWO lives in it'll be fine
also last thing:

This world does not want Simulation anymore people.

Until MechWarrior Online is a true MechWarrior game and not FPS it is not worth my time.

come on mate
an rpg than?

well I liked MechCommander as well :), rts/rpg-ish

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:02 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 November 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

It is always the same- Grab the biggest mech and make sure you can aim and you win. The end.

I laughed on reading that sentence, I am hopeless in anything bigger than 80 tonnes, and am best in Lights and Mediums (and of course the Timber Wolf)

View PostMarack Drock, on 29 November 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

My idea of fun with MechWarrior games was that they had a soul, and a story.

I agree this would be a big improvement to MWO, and fortunately it sounds like Russ agrees, in one of the town hall meetings he said that next year they would look into doing something player vs AI (I hope for a proper story driven solo/co-operative campaign)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 29 November 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#18 Perigren

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

For me the O in MW:O is the problem. Online only games lack substance imo. A campaign would go a long way to bring me back in to the fold.

#19 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 29 November 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

On Topic- IPG wasn't the reason that Community Warfare and the Clans were absent for 2 years of development. You can thank our illustrious PGI devs for 2 years of disappointment.

That idea has been refuted by PGI's president. And if the only response you have to that is "Well, he's probably lying", that's not good enough. You don't know that.

So basically, all you're saying is that you want a single-player campaign and then it will feel like MechWarrior to you?

#20 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

Why is it that there are only around 100k active players anymore when there are 800k registered accounts? Because this game is crap.

Maybe not all of them but some are bound to be like me and want to play but can't because of computer issues? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users