62 replies to this topic

#41 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 22 August 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

was IGP ever prosecuted for fraud? i'd like to know about this.

Good point. I am still bummed over paying money for a MW:Tactics founders pack...

#42 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

try and resurrect it? i'd vaporize it's remains and send whatever atoms were left to the center of the sun to be fused into entirely new elements, then collide those new elements with antimatter so it would become pure energy and find a way to disperse it faster than light.

i just wish they will be held accountable for charging players for a game they cancelled in early 2014

#43 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

those legal processes can take many long months before they are declared guilty;

i know they were forced to close down doors for infinite game publishing, but how much cash did they run off with?
and the players they scammed?

even if they are poor now, they should go in debt, it was not right to take away knowing full well the game was going to be developed no longer

#44 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostShinVector, on 29 November 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

But but.... IGP is PGI backwards ! :wacko:

PGI = development moves forward
IGP = development moves backwards

#45 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 August 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Yeah... IPG can't be held accountable for the two years of nothing that we got from PGI. That is totally PGI's fault.

Yeah IPG sucked balls but PGI was horrible back in the day. They are good now but before they were ******.

a mix of both, ofcourse you are bad trying to make a new game on an engine where you have to code a lot custom code to fit geamefeatures in. The experience and wisdom needed to gather will just take time and probably also many fails.

#46 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 August 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

I get that.... but... ugh. It shouldn't take 2.5 years just to get the ability to name a unit. Let alone 3 years to get Community Warfare which was promised 2 years before its release. Or the Clans which were promised to arrive at launch. So, my sympathy is minimal at this point. I know its hard and I respect their effort, but their slower than a snail's pace development for this game was rather inexcusable. It was hard work and I salute PGI now for the trucking along they have done to make this game awesome, but before that..... I have no sympathy.

yes it does. because when no one has this as focus and other stuff is on higher priority, simple things like the unit tags will simply not be added. Titanfail didn't even come with a grouping eature released. It depends on the priority lists, and often the guys giving the money, aka granting budged. They decide what features are to be added and when. And so even these simple things sometimes can come very very late.the better question is.

I guess IGP had some very highly educated Excelwarriors who were great in doing buidnesscases based on numbers. They mostlikely prevented "new maps" because the buisnesscase says: Can't monetise maps. Income = 0. costs for a map: 250k (this was even given by IGP somewhen).
Then you can easily estimate why there was never budget given for this. and how realistic 250k is, well, they aren't cheap, yet not THAT expensive.
Not even speakig about how they probably never measured that a new map keeps the game alive by keeping the playerbase busy and the need for buying mechs up.
There are some truly strange excelwarriors out there in the economy, and many of them do indeed ruin companies by very stupid dcisions based on bad estimations.

#47 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

Yeah... IPG can't be held accountable for the two years of nothing that we got from PGI. That is totally PGI's fault.

Yeah IPG sucked balls but PGI was horrible back in the day. They are good now but before they were ******.

keep in mind PGI were nearly bankrupt- they had the option of making a minimalistic game with the assets they already have, or just simply not make the game at all.

That's why MW5 never happened and they needed IGP's help. keep in mind back then the MW5 days there was no sign of IGP on the trainer.

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 August 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

So... still not IPG's fault. Thank you for proving my point.

Not really proving your point- as part of your point is that PGI is **** and ruined the game at the early part.

Going to IGP (not IPG? well I can say I guess it was never IPG's fault)

They did the following changes...

Cancelled dropship mode and hurt-if not, cancelled community warfare.
Removed Centurion AH just to make the Yen Lo Wang better
Limit most mechs to 3 variants only and no adding in new variants to existing mechs
Massive time for capturing bases, basicly making assault a skirmish plus and even a full team on 1 cap point in conquest would take awhile making conquest a NASCAR assault or skirmish mk III.

These are 5 points that are mainly tied to IGP.

And personally- having more mechs, better maps, CW, more variants (please PGI add Raven 3M with LRM 15 quirk) and so on over having long conquest caps, assault being skirmish II, and mechs being removed or nerf just to increase sales for a premium mech.

#49 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

IGP is quite accountable.

They gave PGI six months to build the Closed Beta build of the game from scratch. The result was a lot of features that had to be rushed, built without scaleability, or flat-out dropped. 2013 was basically PGI going back and rewriting or filling in a lot of those gaps, while under pressure from us and IGP to release Clans, and from us to release CW.

2013 involved them creating (amongst other things) Matchmaker 2.0, internal telemetry tools, 12v12, the public test server, a non-rendering version of the game, the HSR system, UI2.0 towards the end, and just a bunch of stuff that should have been taken care of before Closed Beta ever happened. Those are difficult circumstances for a developer to work, especially when you're building around a UI that doesn't permit a lot of forward work.

#50 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

It is often the case, that publishers control their developers with an iron grip, since they own the license and bank the cash.

Just look at Battlefield. The guys at Dice are capable of creating a masterpiece like BFBC2 but when EA comes in an splits your game up into DLC packages, you get something like BF: Hardline.

From what I've heard, and I was abled to listen to some chatter from inside, the relation was "chaotic" to say the least.

View PostRebas Kradd, on 28 August 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

a non-rendering version of the game,

Please explain what you mean by that

Edited by Iqfish, 28 August 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#51 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 November 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Yeah.... and the gameplay is 100% the same. Endless grinding with no variation. You have- Capture the Base(s), or Deathmatch. Nothing else. Until CW comes

#52 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 August 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

But knowing you, the only thing you have to say is: This game is **** right?

Funny thing is you DONT know me lol

PGI is ****. The game is ok. It could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better but we're stuck with what we have not what we want

Been up since 7 am.

Been in the game all day other than stopping to eat.

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 30 August 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#53 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm not sure about this.

Mechwarrior Online isn't as polished as games that spent 3-5 years in development.

But given its short development phase, it could be a solid product considering the funding and timeframe PGI had to work with.

#54 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

guys the subject at hand is not pgi at all, it is IGP and the developer of tactics.

this is not the thread to bash pgi on. the reason this thread was resurrected was the scam with mechwarrior tactics and their developer; either the developer of tactics or igp has to be held accountable

they still charged for access to a game they had already halted development for, it had no future; for a whole year. that is a crime, and that's what is the big issue really, nothing to do with MWO

people say the developer of tactics is to blame for this, but we have to remember this is a problem with handling customers and their business practice, that says, to me- that the publisher is involved, more than the programmers, artists; etc.

they also failed to communicate this, kept it all behind the curtains... who does that make look suspicious? the publisher i say

#55 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 30 August 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

guys the subject at hand is not pgi at all, it is IGP and the developer of tactics.

I remember a game on crimson straits where someone told people to sign up for mw tactics months back, claiming its a "great game". Wonder if it was someone at IGP or just a random troll. I remember I asked them if it was better than neveron.com. They said something ridiculous like "dude its 100 times better than neveron". I never realized how funny what they were saying is until right now.

If IGP is scamming people, why don't they do it on kickstarter like Chris Roberts. I wonder if they'll be hit with a fraud lawsuit or if the law covers that type of electronic transaction. What IGP did seems similar to mail order fraud but I don't know if the law has been extended to cover similar practices over the internet.

#56 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 August 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

SHOTS FIRED. Brought up Star Citizen and said it was a scam. Let all those people who spent hundreds on the game come around to attack us for being blind when they themselves still have barely received a thing for the last 2.8 years.

When I say Chris Roberts is a scammer, I'm sincerely hoping he proves me wrong. Until then its a weak attempt at comic relief. People have been raised on the principle of "too big to fail". Can't fault them for thinking star citizen is "too big to fail" and will be bailed out if its debt liabilities exceed cash liquidity. This generation has been raised on the idea that deficit and debt are only legitimate concerns for 2nd and 3rd world countries. 1st world citizens need not concern themselves with such droll and archaic things as facts or budgets.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 30 August 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#57 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 30 August 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

When I say Chris Roberts is a scammer, I'm sincerely hoping he proves me wrong.

A scam implies an intention to deceive. I don't think that is his intention. They are legitimately trying to deliver on his vision, as much as they can.

#58 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostHeffay, on 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

A scam implies an intention to deceive. I don't think that is his intention. They are legitimately trying to deliver on his vision, as much as they can.

If someone accepts $70 million dollars of people's money, promises them tangible things in return and fails to deliver, their intentions won't matter much. It'll be a breach of contract and some will say that's a type of scam whether it was intentional or not.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 30 August 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#59 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 29 November 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

http://raymondchabot...-publishing-inc

They've sold their remaining assets.

241 pieces of rolling stock.... :blink:, used cars...lol

#60 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 30 August 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

If someone accepts $70 million dollars of people's money, promises them tangible things in return and fails to deliver, their intentions won't matter much. It'll be a breach of contract and some will say that's a type of scam whether it was intentional or not.

"Fails to deliver"... by when? And whose definition of what they've "promised"?

If they say private servers are something that they'll deliver after launch and it doesn't come for 4 more years, did they deliver or not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users