#141 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostDesolator, on 28 November 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

2) Again unlike EVE SC makes you actually purchase ships for real world dollars unlike EVE. EVE you pay a subscription fee and everything is available to you.

Not actually entirely true. At the moment, yes. When the game is actually available (there's only testing for combat and exploration of your hangar currently out there), you're intended to be able to earn / acquire everything (or at least almost) for only the cost of the game itself without a subscription fee.

#142 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostMoonlander, on 28 November 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah. I've watched some videos of people using 360 controllers as well.

Just the typ of pad I don't own. (PC master race! :P )

#143 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 28 November 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Just the typ of pad I don't own. (PC master race! :P )

Me either but I'm almost certain you can use a keyboard and mouse.

#144 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

wait until I can load up sc private server and just cheat in a Javelin with full npc crew and go play. Wait until they start balancing the economy and the big whales see that players will be able to get big ships in a few weeks of grinding.

There will be outrage.

The mwo thread on the cig forums is like watching a group therapy session. A lot of controlling sort of crazy. Reminds you that some people are just nuts. I wish them allthe best and hope they elect a new mayor in crazytown.

#145 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostHeffay, on 28 November 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I bought an LTI Connie .... oh man, that's a year and a half a go? I sold it a while back at /r/starcitizen_trades for about twice what I bought it for. So I guess I get to play Star Citizen for free for the rest of my life. :)

Still have an LTI Cutlass and a Ghost Hornet sitting in my hangar, so I'm good to go for the game. But damn... waiting 2 more years to be able to realistically use them is frustrating. I thought waiting the 6 months for the Clan mechs to drop seemed to take forever!

I didn't get in early enough for LTI, I do know some early backers who could have helped me out there but I just never bothered. I don't think I'll be buying new concept ships with LTI either, I'm happy with what I've got.
I was considering getting a Ghost Hornet but it looks like it'll be ridiculously undergunned for a Hornet so I decided against it, stealth isn't worth half of a ship's payload.

#146 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yes it is.
Got a package with a Connie, got a 325A, a 350R, a Super Hornet, a Cutlass Blue, a Tali and some vanity items.

Now i don't feel as bad as i used to about the $$$ i spent on MWo anymore, thx. ^_^

#147 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

View Postollo, on 28 November 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Now i don't feel as bad as i used to about the $$$ i spent on MWo anymore, thx. ^_^

Well if it makes you feel even better I bought every top tier package for MWO so far, and a few hundred dollars in MC. The only thing I didn't buy is a gold mech.

#148 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Well if it makes you feel even better I bought every top tier package for MWO so far, and a few hundred dollars in MC. The only thing I didn't buy is a gold mech.

Actually, that doesn't make me feel better as i did the same except the medium addendum to Pheonix and Resistance. And there are still some days left for Resistance... -_-

At least we're still far away from 1000$+ ! :D

#149 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

I'm honestly loving this thread so far. It's been quite an enjoyable read. The reason why I'll leave up to you to determine.

#150 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

How about Mechwarrior? Or Battletech

XD

yeah, why can't we have that?

#151 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 28 November 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Dont take yourself as so important.

I don't! But for some reason I'm constantly a topic for those guys, as you can notice by all the off-topic posts about my gone moderator status. So they appear to take me as much more important then I do and I simply comment on that fact.

View PostSybreed, on 28 November 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

the fact that Heffay and Egomane don't see something wrong with IGP selling MWT founders, knowing they would never complete the game, as a complete fraud is very telling about them.

I would like you to point out where you saw me say something to that effect. I didn't mention IGP or MWT with a single word.

But you just provided a prime example of what I was actually talking about. Making up imagined facts, to suit your vision of things, so you can keep on attacking.

#152 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Those are crowdfunding pledges, buying the cheapest package gets you the game and a starter ship, everything else is purely to support development.

And according to their own Forums, you can fly around in empty space and wait 2 more years to actually do something, game related.
At least in MWO I can shoot **** up and do so as often as I want.

Players send 10 bucks day one and want a fully functional game day 30. There is no understanding of what is involved. Like converting a complete system to a 64-bit environment from a 32-bit one.

It is no different anywhere else these days with F2P. Folks just want the "Free" part and want it now. Even if they sent money as a good will gesture to help out and knew it when they did it.

Nothing 6 months can't erode. :(

Edited by Almond Brown, 28 November 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#153 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

I love it when people talk badly about a game in a thread on a COMPLETELY different games forums. It's like going to Microsoft to complain about how crappy your Dodge Dart is, absolutely worthless and a waste of time and precious air LOL.

#154 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostPunkass, on 28 November 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

How has this thread not been locked for blatantly violating forum rules?

Posted Image

Because the mods dont think it does\, because it doesnt

View PostThanatos676, on 28 November 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Whats gonna be really funny is when SC goes down in flames due to over-promising and under delivering. Something El Presidente Chris Roberts is well known for.

Wait, what? splain please

View PostEgomane, on 28 November 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

I don't! But for some reason I'm constantly a topic for those guys, as you can notice by all the off-topic posts about my gone moderator status. So they appear to take me as much more important then I do and I simply comment on that fact.

I would like you to point out where you saw me say something to that effect. I didn't mention IGP or MWT with a single word.

But you just provided a prime example of what I was actually talking about. Making up imagined facts, to suit your vision of things, so you can keep on attacking.

Werent you a moderator? Apologies in advance, Im well over 21 abnd have at this point had 3 16 oz glass sized Jagerbombs so its an actual question, not a jibe

#155 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 November 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Not actually entirely true. At the moment, yes. When the game is actually available (there's only testing for combat and exploration of your hangar currently out there), you're intended to be able to earn / acquire everything (or at least almost) for only the cost of the game itself without a subscription fee.

But they already sell subscription fees. I can't imagine those going away when the game goes live. And a subscription fee is going to get you *something*, like enhanced exp or spacebux earnings, so... yeah. Pay for convenience is going to be a thing in Star Citizen.

#156 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostEgomane, on 28 November 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

You missed the point. It's not RSI or Star Citizen fans that want to do that. They are just some guys that want to protect the world from the evil that is MWO and PGI.

For them, nothing good will ever come from either source. If they have something that they actually find good in MWO or PGI, they will soon make up a reason why it isn't good at all and turn it into the downfall of the gaming industry, if it isn't stopped.

Another behavior I have seen repeatedly, is this one:
A new guy comes into the thread and writes that he actually likes MWO. At first, he will get a response, that this is his right to do so and that he will not get flamed for it, but there are things he should now. If the new guy does not agree to those things or disregards them as meaningless for him, he gets flamed and insulted practically immediatly after.

This thread is a little (well... actually pretty big) place of ex-MWO players who left by their own accord or got themself banned for various reasons and now hate the game and its developer with all their might (some more and some less then the others, but their goal is the same) and seek to sabotage it by bad word of mouth, or now bad press. They will never admit to it. Their proclaimed reason for doing all this is that they want to save other players from making a mistake. Their actions do not reflect that though.

Hey... you'll probably find a screenshot of this post of mine over there shortly. They don't like it if they get called out on their behavior either.

This whole thread over there makes me so sad. Most of the rest of the RSI forums is a rather normal gaming community.

just noticed you aren't a mod anymore... what happened?

#157 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 28 November 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Werent you a moderator? Apologies in advance, Im well over 21 abnd have at this point had 3 16 oz glass sized Jagerbombs so its an actual question, not a jibe

View PostMycrus, on 28 November 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

what happened?

That's not important!

I may have quit, I may have been released, or I may be advancing my secret plan to take over the world. It all leads to the same result. I still play MWO and I still participate on the forums and that's all you need to know. And can we now please end this silly topic about my removed mod-status?

#158 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostEgomane, on 28 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

That's not important!

I may have quit, I may have been released, or I may be advancing my secret plan to take over the world. It all leads to the same result. I still play MWO and I still participate on the forums and that's all you need to know. And can we now please end this silly topic about my removed mod-status?

Id actually forgotten man, no offense meant

See the 16 oz Jager bomb coimment also the over 21 thing

But at the same time, were you removed or did u quit XD you brought it up lol

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 28 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#159 Punkass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostEgomane, on 28 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

That's not important!

Why bro?

But seriously, it doesn't matter why you're not moderating anymore. The reason is irrelevant.

Edited by Punkass, 28 November 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#160 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostPunkass, on 28 November 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Why bro? You brought it up?

But seriously, it doesn't matter why you're not moderating anymore. The reason is irrelevant.

You mean the reason's irrelevant but what matters is that he isn't anymore.

Edited by CompproB237, 28 November 2014 - 05:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users