23 replies to this topic

#21 The Hospitable Bel-Shamharoth

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

I own a Dragonslayer, a Firebrand and an Ember. Out of the three I'd say the Ember is my favorite.

#22 Syncline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

I vote the Muromets. It's my best cash-farming mech when I run 3x UAC5. Honorable mention goes to the Ember, a fantastic kill-stealing machine.

Edited by Syncline, 28 November 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#23 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostBrody319, on 28 November 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Why would you ever run a Standard engine in a Catapult? Those side torsos are so tiny. I mean you can equip an XL 355 for 2 less tons than the STD 300 you got in it now. That means you can have 2 LPL, and 4 MPLs if you want, or running the same weapons gives you 6 heat sinks.

Because they still get blown out frequently enough and because I have no problem zeroing in on other Catapults' side torsos. Oblique angle, aim for the arm joint. Presto, blown XL! If behind, aim for the vents on either side.

I also torso twist enough that I almost always lose a side torso before I go down. Yup, even in the big-nosed Catapult.

Running the Jester the way I described gives you what is essentially an AC/10-equipped K2 without the weight, without the ammo restrictions, and without the slow XL. It works brilliantly.

#24 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Misery and IM are my personal favs. Thought about giving bmaster a try eventually

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users