Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

It´s not easy being geen.

#42 Imbuceal

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

I run classic green sometimes, It's fun.

#43 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 28 November 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

I totally agree with this...

When I paint my Stalker all up like a clown just learning to do his make up... I do tend to have a team focus on me.. if I put stock paint I can manage to blend with the pack and not get shot as much... go figure

Posted Image

#44 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

I blur out my loadouts if I don't want them known. Very thoroughly I might add, in case some smartass decides to try to reconstruct the image.

fail a dead mechwarrior can sycle and see your loadout speed and aim ability when they are dead spectators see all

as for the topic not every green painted mech is horrid i win with more green mechs on my team than with ones that have hero colors or the tags for packages added

#45 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostCrazyWorm, on 28 November 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

fail a dead mechwarrior can sycle and see your loadout speed and aim ability when they are dead spectators see all

as for the topic not every green painted mech is horrid i win with more green mechs on my team than with ones that have hero colors or the tags for packages added

Yes but a dead mechwarrior isn't likely to post screenshots with my loadout on it to the forums now is he?
Point <<<< >>>> You
Missed it completely.

#46 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

7/10 Trollol

I'd give you more but there's just not enough anger here to justify it.

Too much turkey, methinks.

Nice try though!

#47 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 28 November 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

"Green team": when you see this - you know, that you're screwed.
Posted Image

The replies to this topic can argue about it all they want. Its true.

#48 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 28 November 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Pretty sure that is just ELO at work.

I had been running a 58% overall win rate over 3000 matches and improving for month and months and months, then suddenly in the span of a few weeks all of a sudden I am only getting 1 win out of 5 on average which has caused my K/D to drop from 1.8 to 1.5 and my win rate is now about 53% and we are only taking over the course of 300 matches.

One thing I am noticing is I am the only one that seems to be doing anything. I have matches where I have literally did more damage than the 5 lowest scores on my team put together. I also notice my team aren't playing as a team. They can't aim, they can't pilot, they scatter everywhere, play chase the Jenner, basically everything you would see unskilled players do and I don't recognize anyone at all I am playing against when previously I would recognize 4-5 players names each and every match.

Pretty sure I have reached the Fabled ELO hell where I have improved too much, too fast and now the game has assigned me a high score which instead of matching me against players my own skill level, it is putting me on teams with very low ELO players expecting me to individually carry against full teams of average to above average players. This is kind of like putting Michael Jordan on a team comprised of 4 players from the nerds club who can't dribble, pass or shoot and then asking them to compete against a NCAA college basketball team. Sure Jordan will score a few points just through sheer skill but more often than not the failure of the 4 other members of his team is going to prevent even him carrying the his team to victory.

This is what it feels like anyway. 3 weeks going on 4 of this BS now and it literally has about got me ready to quit. The game is just not fun when your teams fall apart over and over and over. ELO can suck my big fat &lt;insert&gt;!!!

Have you tried filing a support ticket? Maybe the devs will work with you to figure out what's going on.

#49 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Funny.... I run my BJ-Arrow in default green often with 3 medium pulse lasers and 6 mg's with the level 5 range and cool downs for the pulse lasers. It isn't a big shock when many players do not shoot at me as much as when I am sporting the default very shinny black and white paint job. It is even better when I run it with stock green and a AC/20 with 5 tons of ammo and 3 small lasers with the AC/20 level 5 cool down module and range 5 boost for the small lasers.

Players that dismiss me as a "stock or trial BJ-1" or a noob player get twice the surprise as I drop them in one or two shots as they focus down those pretty painted mechs on my team standing by me. I love it.... and it does in fact help many times to play off one of the best tactics ever in warfare, your enemies flaw of under estimating its enemy. :D :ph34r:

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 28 November 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#50 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 28 November 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

The replies to this topic can argue about it all they want. Its true.

So Alexander Kerensky was a true noob/don't care about mechs/a child.
Guess what color his mech was. :)

#51 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostCathy, on 28 November 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

clearly the sensorship, means you work from some paranoid group like the CIA ?

Nope; Im guessing not wanting to be banned for name/shame

#52 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostXythius, on 28 November 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

That is, without a doubt, the absolute, most ridiculous thing I have heard regarding this game & its players. If you truly feel that way way about people who are unwilling to pay stupid amounts of money for colors/camos, I think you may have other issues...

~Xythius

Yep

My friend has spent loads on this game and is probably one of the best pilots

all his mechs are green. Even his TBWs and heroes, he changes the paintjob to dull green :lol:

#53 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

Or they could be like me and lived through "Blue Warrior online" so now I like what's the point? I have 90ish mech about 10 are off the basic color. Even have a Bright Yollow commando which PGI will not let me drop in anymore due to the fact Tag and Narc do not count as weapons(Side note a empty SRM-2 (aka no ammo, does count)

#54 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

Actually, with me, I'm guessing I lose mostly because I make myself the target.

Allow me to share MY camo.

Posted Image

Hey, look Ma', I'mma distraction!

#55 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Dat K2 *shakes fist*

Never knew it was so pretty, since I never got to see it remove my ******** from my mech.

#56 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

I use noobie green as a means of deception, its great when you get partially ignored because the enemy thinks you are in a trial/stock mech. Also painting 101 mechs starts getting expensive, soon to be 104 after the patch :P

Edited by Outlaw, 28 November 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#57 N Danger

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

*munches popcorn while the 'bads' are blamed for someones losses*

OT I don't buy camo for mechs that are bought just to earn mastery and then sold.

#58 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

Eh, my camo colors are always red and black, I don't get shot at more often even though it doesn't blend in anywhere. Unless some enemy players happen to be gunning for me personally, that does happen occasionally.

#59 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 28 November 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Eh, my camo colors are always red and black, I don't get shot at more often even though it doesn't blend in anywhere. Unless some enemy players happen to be gunning for me personally, that does happen occasionally.

Sounds like Camo for Mt. Doom.

#60 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostCavale, on 28 November 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Sounds like Camo for Mt. Doom.

That's mostly brown and orange and the lighting is bad enough that it doesn't matter what camo you bring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users