Clan Ams Needs A Buff

27 replies to this topic

#1 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Unlike innersphere clan mechs have to trade their hard points for ams. This is always an unfair trade. For example a dire wolf has too trade 2 ballistics for ams. Where as a timberwolf has to trade a missile and a ballistic and an energy and 2 jump jets for ams. And war hawk has to trade 2 missiles for ams. In edition to this clan mechs have far fewer critical slots than IS. And that ams eats a minimum of 2 of them.

For reasons of game balance Clan AMS had twice the ammo per ton ammo IS mechs but then they nerfed that by making. Is get the same ammo per ton. Which makes the is AMS far superior to the clans which should have the better ams anyway.

In editio. To this clans should have access to LAMS.

My idea to restore balance is to increase clan AMS ammo to 3000 per ton

#2 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

Play Nova. It trades nothing to get AMS in the CT. There will be one less dakka-whale out there <_< "OMFG! I have to trade my 2 ballistic point for AMS, WTF??" Yeah, nice whine

#3 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Nope. It's fine.

#4 Fonzie260

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostColonelMetus, on 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Unlike innersphere clan mechs have to trade their hard points for ams. This is always an unfair trade. For example a dire wolf has too trade 2 ballistics for ams. Where as a timberwolf has to trade a missile and a ballistic and an energy and 2 jump jets for ams. And war hawk has to trade 2 missiles for ams. In edition to this clan mechs have far fewer critical slots than IS. And that ams eats a minimum of 2 of them.

For reasons of game balance Clan AMS had twice the ammo per ton ammo IS mechs but then they nerfed that by making. Is get the same ammo per ton. Which makes the is AMS far superior to the clans which should have the better ams anyway.

In editio. To this clans should have access to LAMS.

My idea to restore balance is to increase clan AMS ammo to 3000 per ton

lol.. in case you haven't been paying attention... clan advanced technology is only real life money.... Clan's have been nerf to the point of being a joke. if you or me or any ask where is the clan advanced technology the trolls come running or the post gets buried....

I believe that community warfare will be the end of this game at it's current state.... just my opinion.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

Oh look, our favorite anti-LRM guy wants an AMS buff for Clans.

These threads write themselves with certain people.

#6 UnknownSeeker

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostFonzie260, on 28 November 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

lol.. in case you haven't been paying attention... clan advanced technology is only real life money.... Clan's have been nerf to the point of being a joke. if you or me or any ask where is the clan advanced technology the trolls come running or the post gets buried....

I believe that community warfare will be the end of this game at it's current state.... just my opinion.

[sarcasm]Wait the double cost of clan items doesn't mean they are twice as good... let me just put these C-AC back[/sarcasm]

Either make it so the double the cost is actually worth it or reduce the price of clan components... If you want clan to be almost the same as IS then make the cost the same otherwise stop making clan tech suck and then charging twice as much for it (I m looking at you auto-cannons.)

#7 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

What a surprise. EVERYONE agrees with me as usual. It's almost as if um saying. What we are all thinking.

#8 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Gotta luv folks who blames others for their own failures...

jeez just get a radar depression module and mount it... enough whining already.

#9 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:15 PM

Just think how good the 3x kitfox ams would be with a buff haha. I think it would be better to make all clan ams 2x when they have to trade hard points.

#10 ColonelMetus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

Why crab is more better and cheaper than dire wolf and sacrifice nothing for ams?

#11 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

Even while sacrificing for AMS, Clams can still outhardpoint IS mechs.

#12 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hey you have a good reason for that Summoner and Kit Fox now then OP. ;)

#13 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostColonelMetus, on 12 December 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

Why crab is more better and cheaper than dire wolf and sacrifice nothing for ams?

Because it can't change hardpoints at a whim, and its weapons are heavier and need more crit slots. duh. And if you lose against a Crab in a Daishi, you have to learn to play, badly.
The same as Fonzie260, stop bitchin' about how PGI managed to almost balance IS and Clans and learn to play instead. How about you invest the time you waste whining in the forums into becoming an at least decent player?

#14 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:06 AM

View PostShredhead, on 12 December 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

Because it can't change hardpoints at a whim, and its weapons are heavier and need more crit slots. duh. And if you lose against a Crab in a Daishi, you have to learn to play, badly.
The same as Fonzie260, stop bitchin' about how PGI managed to almost balance IS and Clans and learn to play instead. How about you invest the time you waste whining in the forums into becoming an at least decent player?

BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, CLANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPERIOR! WAAH! WAAAH!

#15 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:32 AM

The real problem is that most IS does not carry AMS by choice nonetheless they have always the option, CLANS instead
are forced to miss it cause hardpoints trade-off...

A possible CLAN solution may be adding AMS on unused CT and/or HEAD omnipods depending on chassis types, so single AMS will be more frequently at disposal.

Notice that AMS is more efficient against Clans Missile and less against IS Missiles so Double Clans AMS will be always
possible trading weapon hardponts at your choice.

#16 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

IS AMS vs Clan LRMs is just slightly less than twice as effective. Meanwhile, Clan LRMs are half the weight of IS LRMs...

#17 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

nerf some OP mechs, buff some bad ones. its not clan or IS; its simply some chassis being too strong and others too bad.

#18 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:05 AM

Agree with OP, that AMS needs to be halved for Clan mechs, as Clan mechs are OP!

#19 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 28 November 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Play Nova. It trades nothing to get AMS in the CT. There will be one less dakka-whale out there <_< "OMFG! I have to trade my 2 ballistic point for AMS, WTF??" Yeah, nice whine

You just encouraged someone to play in a Nova?

...man, I've seen some pretty evil stuff in my day, but nothing this bad.

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

Move along folks, it is a Metus thread--dumb and ill thought out as always. -_-

Edited by El Bandito, 12 December 2014 - 05:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users