C Uac5 Weapons Module?

4 replies to this topic

#1 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

What does getting a clan UAC 5 weapons CD module help with?
Does it help prevent jams a tiny bit? so at lvl 5, that's 15% faster cycle time off of 1.66 seconds bringing it down to 1.41 seconds?
I don't know what the firing time of the UAC5 is, I'm guessing it takes 1.0 seconds to shoot 3 volley. Therefore it narrows the jamming window by 0.25 seconds, so that jamming can only occur between 1.0 to 1.41 instead of 1.66, so that comes to a 33% reduction in the jamming window?

Am I looking at this correctly, or does it not matter, If I'm clicking way like mad, therefore always firing away at the 1.0 seconds mark, then the chances of jamming is not affected by the CD module.

#2 HurricaneZ

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

no one knows how the CD module affects ultra AC? I'm also considering the U AC 20

#3 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

To the best of my ability to observe, it appears that an Ultra cannon has two firing modes.

When the trigger is pressed once and held, the cannon shoots in normal mode. The cannon shoots its burst, then enters a cooldown. That is 1.66 seconds for an AC/5 and 4.0s for an AC/20 (both Ultra and LB-X versions).

When the trigger is released and pressed again during a cooldown cycle, the cannon shoots in Ultra mode. Only one ultra-shot attempt can happen per cooldown. The ultra shot does not seem to affect the cooldown if it's successful. So if an UAC/20 was shot in ultra mode, the next normal-mode shot will still be ready 4.0s after the first normal-mode shot. Therefore the UAC/20 cannon can usually fire two 5-round bursts just slightly slower than every 4 seconds if it doesn't jam.

However, when a jam happens, the gun goes offline for 5s before continuing (or possibly restarting) its cooldown cycle. In the case of that UAC/20, a jam means the gun won't be ready again for a whole 9s. That's 5s for the jam, then 4s to cool down. For an UAC/5, that's a 5s jam and 1.66s cooldown.

It certainly doesn't take a full second to fire any of these guns. However it does appear that the cooldown doesn't start until the full burst of the normal shot has happened. Taking my Clan UAC/5 out on a mastered Kit Fox, and holding down the trigger, it appears that it takes 1 minute 33 seconds (or 93 seconds) to just shoot 50 times in normal mode. That's a measured fire rate of 1.86s per normal shot. Adjusting the normal 1.66 cooldown for the fast-fire bonus and subtracting that from the measured results, so my measurement shows the duration of a normal shot to be 0.28s. Or approximately three tenths of a second. I haven't measured the duration of an UAC/20 shot like this. But if it follows the pattern of 1/10th of a second per shot, I would guesstimate that the duration is about 0.5s. But still, that does slow down the DPS a little bit vs. what Smurfy reports.

The cooldown module, or a cooldown quirk only seems to affect the cooldown portion of the whole cycle. It won't change the duration of the attack, the odds of jamming, or the time to un-jam when a jam happens. Using the UAC/20 again as an example, I would expect with 5% for fast-fire and 12% for rank 5 cooldown module, the cooldown of that UAC/20 would be reduced to 3.42s. So that's 3.42s for a normal shot to be ready again if the ultra-shot is successful, or 8.42s to be ready again if the gun jams.

Does that make sense?

edit: "it seems the duration... seems to be" corrected to something resembling proper English. :P Sorry about that.

Edited by Konril, 11 December 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#4 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostKonril, on 10 December 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

it seems the duration of the normal shot seems to be 0.28s.

0.3 seconds , to be exact.

There's a parameter for each C-UAC in Weapons.xml:

C-UAC2: volleydelay="0.14"
C-UAC5: volleydelay="0.15"
C-UAC10: volleydelay="0.16"
C-UAC20: volleydelay="0.17"

With the first shot at 0 seconds, the actual burst length is as follows:
C-UAC2: 0.14 second
C-UAC5: 0.3 second
C-UAC10: 0,48 second
C-UAC20: 0,68 second

As far as I know, quirks and modules do not affect the volleydelay. UACs work just like lasers, the cooldown starts the moment the burst ends. Therefore the C-UAC20 has 20/4,68 = 4.27 (8.54ultra) DPS while the IS has 5 DPS flat.

Fast-fire and rank 5 cooldown module stack for 17% cooldown reduction. 4*(1-0.17) = 4*0.83 = 3.32 s
20/(3.32+0.68) = 20/4 = 5 DPS (10 DPS ultra) with modules/fast fire.

Meanwhile IS AC20 has: 20/3.32 = 6 DPS with modules/fast fire.

TL/DR: C-UAC20 sucks, use C-Gauss instead :-)

Edited by Kmieciu, 11 December 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#5 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

That's good to know. Honestly it it seems to be near impossible to get an exact number by measuring no matter how I try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users