Starting To Feel That The Hellbringer Is Doa

107 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Not having much luck in mine. It gets cored out in seconds just about each and every match. Honestly feel my the awesome has better CT hitboxes.

10 matches so far and only one was actually decent. Most matches I am not even breaking 200 damage when my average on most mechs is closer to 500. :(

#2 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

It's got a large model, and 65 ton armor - but its certainly not DoA.

You'll want to stick with lasers or missiles or some combination.

At most, one gauss + CERMLAS for a ballistic option.

#3 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

A heavy with ECM and clan weapons... DoA.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

#4 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 28 November 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Not having much luck in mine. It gets cored out in seconds just about each and every match. Honestly feel my the awesome has better CT hitboxes.

10 matches so far and only one was actually decent. Most matches I am not even breaking 200 damage when my average on most mechs is closer to 500. :(

I have only seen one in battle so far and it was on my team. He came on chat saying that he loved it...but he might have to adjust his play style... because it feels heavier then it is. I don't know, because I haven't fought one yet...and damn sure wouldn't buy the clan 2 pack given the cost and other issues I feel are a problem, but that was his thoughts on it.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

What build are you running?

It seems pretty good to me so far. Although it lacks Endo, the number of hardpoints kind of make up for it. Compared to my favourite Summoner builds, the Hellbringer has more firepower, better hardpoint placement (e.g. you don't die when you lose your arms) and ECM to boot.

I think we may see a lot of zombie Hellbringers doing well. Long range weapons in the head and torso, a few medium lasers in the arms. Large laser mounted above the cockpit is pretty cool. I don't use this myself, but I imagine the meta monkeys will be stripping the arms of armour and mounting the weapons as high as possible.

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 28 November 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I have only seen one in battle so far and it was on my team. He came on chat saying that he loved it...but he might have to adjust his play style... because it feels heavier then it is. I don't know, because I haven't fought one yet...and damn sure wouldn't buy the clan 2 pack given the cost and other issues I feel are a problem, but that was his thoughts on it.

Honestly it is too early to judge but I have only had one good battle. The rest of the time I am just getting brutalized and quickly. ECM doesn't seem to be doing much overall. However, yeah perhaps I haven't figured out the right play style yet. Honestly I was originally hoping for something alot more durable especially with the advantage of ECM but not seeing it so far.

#7 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 28 November 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Ya I usually decide if a mech is good or not far before it is mastered and has Modules and a load out I like(kidding). Getting a good load out can take months of trial and error, at least for me to be completely sure thats what I want.

BTW the Loki Omni mechs always were better looking than the Thor's glad they kept up with that, its a cool looking mech.

Edited by Johnny Z, 28 November 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:52 PM

Seriously... this is a bad thread but the initial reaction makes no sense compared to a Mist Lynx.

#9 Squirtbox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

It's hardpoints make it awesome. The magnetic CT does not. Being shot in the back and having the damage magically apply to the front is not helpful.

#10 Inappropriate018

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSegmentum Obscurus

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

Personally, I just prioritize people with Lokis since they're brand new. I don't think I'm the only one, either. That may account for some of the brutalization. It's too early to call it DoA.

#11 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

My clan mech isn't OP enough, I want a refund!!!!

The mech has been out less than 12 hours for Christs sake...........a little early to be pronouncing death and writing up a death certificate.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

This is pretty nice so far: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...40c062212b3a27a

#13 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostSquirtbox, on 28 November 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

It's hardpoints make it awesome. The magnetic CT does not. Being shot in the back and having the damage magically apply to the front is not helpful.

Me too, I'm also finding myself going for the headshots more than ever on the loki. It's face is just so tempting (I actually think I got 2 headshots in the last hour on loki's, I only have 25 headshots in my entire career of MWO... some 5000 games ^^ ).

#14 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

the reason the Hellbringer is dying so fast is because EVERYONE is taking the Prime with ECM and as soon as the enemy team sees one, it becomes priority on the kill list.

And ill add that it kind of sucks seeing a good 2.5XP weekend now filled with nothing but Hellbringers with ECM.

#15 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

DOA?

It has an assymetric laser vomit build with ECM and full shield side: Hellvomit

If that's not metacheese I don't know what is :P

Edited by Sjorpha, 28 November 2014 - 07:04 PM.

#16 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

HBR-PRIME

So you're telling me a mech with a laser vomit comparable to a wubshee, more heatsinks than can be stuck on an armed IS mech, ECM and the speed of a timberwolf is DOA.

#17 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

View PostR Razor, on 28 November 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

My clan mech isn't OP enough, I want a refund!!!!

The mech has been out less than 12 hours for Christs sake...........a little early to be pronouncing death and writing up a death certificate.

Where the hell did I ask for a refund.

I stated I was having trouble with the Hellbringer because they felt squishy and seemed really bad. I even admit it is still early but that my initial impression of them was poor.

Geez, dramatic much?

#18 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 28 November 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

HBR-PRIME

So you're telling me a mech with a laser vomit comparable to a wubshee, more heatsinks than can be stuck on an armed IS mech, ECM and the speed of a timberwolf is DOA.

And I improved on that build... Ugh this thing will be a PITA to the IS ocne they are mastered.

#19 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

ECM does not really hide you as much as it hides the team. Clan mechs can more easily squeeze in the ton for ctech BAP. My spider wins many matches , with low damage, by actively watching who is is not engaging and then covering with ECM umbrella from behind the front lines with damage still falling under the protection category.

Yes The Atlas and Hellbringer ECMs jobs are not the same as a light mechs and they are expected to deal damage, but the best use of ECM may also still not always put you in the best places to deal high burst damage, but it should allow you to deal good damage and put your team in even better positioning so they can deal more damage while also avoiding it. SO your scoreboard will not have a great big arrow pointing to your name, but it should have more WINS at the top for your team.

Clan tech allows for the addition of 10-15 LRMS while also keeping decent alpha especially in pugs - insert argument here. You should also have an "easier" time adding anything but dakka over your IS cousins, but there should be a felt penalty for the addition of ECM. I am also glad that ECM has been adjusted with the ongoing changes to BAP/CAP and the number of available builds that can carry it. Everybody cries that it has been nerfed in the forums, but I only see people complain when they don't have it on their team in-game.

After eliting a couple of mechs, every new mech I go with now (well not storm crow) feels like a VW bug at a formula car race (not the Hero variant Herbie).

If you make up your mind on how a mech performs so quickly you are probably a realtor's or used car salesperson's dream.

#20 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah the CT hitbox is a bit large... it's bringing back memories of levelling my Dragon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users