Post The Pictures Of Your Battletech Miniatures!

39 replies to this topic

#21 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

holy crap WOW! Can I see more pics of that?!?!?!?! :o

You certainly can.

I dig your artwork, Bishop Steiner I believe your's is the only concept that I've seen that does the Hollander justice.

The hollander needs more love its an amazing mech often overlooked, but a bit of a cult classic and hands down my favorite. It screams STEINER! For if they must feild light mechs, make it a threat that the heavy pilots should not ignore!

I uploaded some better pics today with the various wip weapon options, more weathering with less glare although there is still some around the unpainted styrene components.

Due to the added size of the model looks closer to 45 ton in comparison with other batteltech miniatures I choose to add the srm hard point to better facilitate the hollander 2...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostJakk Reinner, on 09 December 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

You certainly can.

I dig your artwork, Bishop Steiner I believe your's is the only concept that I've seen that does the Hollander justice.

The hollander needs more love its an amazing mech often overlooked, but a bit of a cult classic and hands down my favorite. It screams STEINER! For if they must feild light mechs, make it a threat that the heavy pilots should not ignore!

I uploaded some better pics today with the various wip weapon options, more weathering with less glare although there is still some around the unpainted styrene components.

Due to the added size of the model looks closer to 45 ton in comparison with other batteltech miniatures I choose to add the srm hard point to better facilitate the hollander 2...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

:o
awesome work!

#23 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

[Standard Legal Stuff]Warning incoming mass photo dump! Dialup users please be ready for your computer to crash and or freeze! [/Standard Legal Stuff]
I figured I'd make my entry to win the internet by making the biggest possible photo dump in one post :D
*Cracks fingers* Okay, let's do this.
This is a mixture of 2012 and 2014 box set minis (all the minis I have) 2012 was the year I started painting so some look quite sloppy
Jagermech
Spoiler

Cyclops
Spoiler

Dragon
Spoiler

Commando
Spoiler

Cicada, based off of colonel Hayden's 3rd amphigean LAG
Spoiler

I think this one is a Clint, can't remember exactly right now...
Spoiler

Dervish
Spoiler

Whitworth
Spoiler

*Wipes Tears* yes it's finally over! That has to be the most HTML coding I've ever done :lol:
By the way, great work on the Hollander Jack, that has to be the best scratchbuild I've seen yet!

Please post pictures of your minis! :)

Edited by Mech42Ace, 09 December 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#24 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

I just painted up a 4th RH lance from Marik 'Mechs available in the Intro Box Set re-print:

Spider SDR-7M
Posted Image

Hermes II HER-2M
Posted Image

Dervish DV-6M
Posted Image

Trebuchet TBT-3C
Posted Image

#25 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostDevilCrayon, on 09 December 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:

I just painted up a 4th RH lance from Marik 'Mechs available in the Intro Box Set re-print:

Spider SDR-7M
Posted Image

Hermes II HER-2M
Posted Image

Dervish DV-6M
Posted Image

Trebuchet TBT-3C
Posted Image

Looking good man, really digging the desert camo.

#26 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

Devilcrayon. Love the scheme, they look sweet.

#27 TheMundaneYesYes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

Nice, DevilCrayon. Always a fan of the neutral colors/earth tones myself (my favert mechs to use in MWO will always be colored as such)

Anyway, this is the last image that I will upload. Not going to edit my old posts or rise the thread from the grave each time I get done with a mini.

I have to say for some reason the Boggart did not come out nearly as clean as the others. The entire piece is kind of.....wavy as well , the model itself that is.Posted Image

Edited by Number767, 25 December 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#28 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

OMG I want this figure, can you please give us a step by step on how you made it? How much would you charge to make another just like it?
Posted Image

#29 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 30 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

OMG I want this figure, can you please give us a step by step on how you made it? How much would you charge to make another just like it?

Yes please do! :D

#30 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

I like the Hollander II mini, well done :D

#31 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:18 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 30 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I am glad to hear your so fond of the hollander.
I really don't mean to sound negative as i really enjoy modeling and wish I had the time around work commitments to build commissions.
Unfortunately I work 50-60 hour weeks and don't a great deal of spare time to build miniatures despite my ambitions often my miniatures take months just to build and months again before a get around to painting them.

As far as a tutorial goes couldn't do a guide without building another hollander.
The worst part about doing this is due to my time restrictions the build would likely take as long as the original, which came together over a considerable period also I would need to place a hold on my current marauder project, the plus side is the build if one had the time, tools and components how take a day or two.

On a positive note I had some forethought and have some blurry photos of the model before I primed it although I believe these will be of a poor quality and incorporate a great deal of glare. However I will up load these in the next few days.

#32 Illya Ghost Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 500 posts
  • LocationTaking your planets, eating your cookies.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostJakk Reinner, on 07 January 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

I am glad to hear your so fond of the hollander.
I really don't mean to sound negative as i really enjoy modeling and wish I had the time around work commitments to build commissions.
Unfortunately I work 50-60 hour weeks and don't a great deal of spare time to build miniatures despite my ambitions often my miniatures take months just to build and months again before a get around to painting them.

As far as a tutorial goes couldn't do a guide without building another hollander.
The worst part about doing this is due to my time restrictions the build would likely take as long as the original, which came together over a considerable period also I would need to place a hold on my current marauder project, the plus side is the build if one had the time, tools and components how take a day or two.

On a positive note I had some forethought and have some blurry photos of the model before I primed it although I believe these will be of a poor quality and incorporate a great deal of glare. However I will up load these in the next few days.

looks awesome, regardless, excellent work.

Shame you can't cast it and make more.

#33 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Ok sorry for the late delivery. here is the "before paint" (blurry) photo's I had promised I hope this helps those of you interested, If you have any questions about the build feel free to ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jakk Reinner, 16 January 2015 - 04:31 PM.

#34 Jakk Reinner

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostIllya Arkhipova, on 07 January 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

looks awesome, regardless, excellent work.

Shame you can't cast it and make more.

It is unfortunate, I would like nothing more then to have some of my miniatures cast for the greater population. however I do not have the facilities to do so myself, the other issue is that this miniature in particular uses parts from existing miniatures thus would likely run in to issues if it was recast and sold.

That said I am 100% scratch building mech models now, that would not run into the same problem. If the opportunity to have miniatures cast were to arise in the future. Only issue that may arise from that is I am using others concepts not my own.

#35 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Sorry for the thread necro everyone, but I thought I'd revive the topic again. :)
I recently got a new boxed set and thought it'd be cool if all the mechs were painted the same. ( A painted force is much more daunting if they are all pained the same; imo) So I chose House Kurita's second Benjamin regulars.
Posted Image
if anyone else would like to share, go for it. ;)

Edited by Mech42Ace, 11 April 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#36 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:13 PM

Okay so I was bribed back into playing MW:O with a gift from a Guildmate with an Urbie, and also because he started painting mini's again.

Here is the stuff I dug up and dusted off. (I almost never get around to finishing the bases...) I got invited to repost here.

Elements of my Nova Cat Star (with Kerensky Star and nebula down the leg)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Elements of Clan Jade Falcon Binary with Ares MBT

Posted Image

Comstar Level II - The other Ontos and Spartan not included)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ghost Bear Kodiak playing hopscotch while Elementals search for is lost leg. (Took me a while to notice the leg fell off after the picture was taken)

Posted Image

#37 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Nice work on the white, it's a hard color to get right

#38 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

These are very nice

#39 SpOoKy777

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 148 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

Let's keep the thread goin...

...dirty phone shots, sry for that...finished mechs etc.:

Posted Image

some WIP's...:

Posted Image

And over at my deviantArt gallery are a few more pics in better quality:

http://spooky777.dev...tech-Miniatures

#40 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hot damn dude! Fantastic work! I really like the way you've done up that catapult, lots of stuff to learn from you. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users