36 replies to this topic

#21 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

I wonder how many other people are also having trouble playing MW4, or at least getting it to run?

#22 DarkTreader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

I know as far as the multiplayer goes, it can be a bit of a PITA to get the servers to connect.

Particularly as you have to switch it to the Kurita servers, rather than Davion.

And if you're using Verizon DSL with a Westell router, it's even more fun, since even telling your router 'HEY! Open these ports, dammit!' is like beating your head against the wall.

#23 cavemansam

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

turned off antivirus program but web browser still wont let me download mechwarrior virus

#24 Otto Mandela

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

So then, 4 years later and it still reads as a false positive. Is there something I should know? Or are they just lazy?

#25 Otto Mandela

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

Which makes it completely impossible to play on windows 10 then. Looks like I need to mod my disk copy. Great.

#26 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostSpartan X51, on 02 February 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Which makes it completely impossible to play on windows 10 then. Looks like I need to mod my disk copy. Great.

Why does it make it impossible to run under windows 10?

#27 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

sorry square... lol im 30 and have never got to call someone that ..... don't really care about that at all man. i purposely ignore most malus prohibitum laws when the cops aren't around. i care not for the laws of corrupt nations and certainly don't feel bad about pirating old copies of mechwarrior 4..... i'm the kinda person that would rather live free and die for my beliefs than pretend i care about a fictitious set of life parameters some people i've never met have laid out.. call me an outlaw but what ev.. i have no love for 90% of the LEO community and resent agencies such as the DEA and ATF

#28 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

now first and foremost i will say this... i've put close to a grand into mwo because i respect the company putting it out. however...

i get what your saying however i don't give 2 hoots about the entertainment industry at all i actually despise it and consider most entertainment execs to be state run and in league with globalist powers trying to change the fabric of our country so taking from them is just fine by me... however i do think stealing of private property is wrong unless your basically part of the liberal progressive schemes, which i consider the entertainment industry to be... esoteric views i must admit but to me stealing from the enemy is A OK . lol and if you want my Identity go for it.... but when swat hits your door at 3 am thinkin your me.....

#29 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

i see my rebuttal was removed

#30 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

here is a question,
they cannot release the game but what about patches & mods?

I hate M$ MW 4 games and only reason/s I play them to this day is because of the patches & Mods they put out, it was nice playing with a lot of old unseens & weapons(Still wish they(Mektek) used the MW 3 models for the Clan mechs such as the Timber Wolf).

#31 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

Really?
I always thought fan mods was fine...

#32 PorkedPork

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands (LRM Heaven)

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:21 AM