Announcing The Early Arrival Of The King Crab And Gargoyle!

157 replies to this topic

#141 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

So... if I logged in after 4pm, and I'm supposed to have a King Crab, will it show up tomorrow? (I had purchased an Overlord Package way back when).

#142 JRedCorn86

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Since when was the King Crab going to be available to people who didn't put money down? I thought this 'Mech was strictly for fans who put their wallet on the line. Just spent $80 on this garbage resistance pack (minus the Zeus) so I could be among the few (well, not so few but among the true fans who wanna see this game do good) to have this mech.... Now it'll be out for C-Bills???? Tip: In order to not piss off yer fans due to false advertising and bogus loyalty programs, inform them. Some may disagree with my line of thinking, but had I known they would be out for c-bills I would not have spent the money. PGI is up against a lot of criticism, and I hate to add more... but the term "Loyalty Program" means something to people. Check my account Russ... Spent hundreds of dollars on this game. I love it, but you are alienating and misinforming your fans. I understand the announcement is out and it will not change, but I hope you guys keep this in mind.

#143 JRedCorn86

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Reference Resistance Collection page,,, It says nothing about C-Bills or MC...it states 'Loyalty' Loose term these days I guess

#144 AlbertoT16

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPanama

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

Good for you guys!

#145 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostJRedCorn86, on 09 December 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

Since when was the King Crab going to be available to people who didn't put money down? I thought this 'Mech was strictly for fans who put their wallet on the line. Just spent $80 on this garbage resistance pack (minus the Zeus) so I could be among the few (well, not so few but among the true fans who wanna see this game do good) to have this mech.... Now it'll be out for C-Bills???? Tip: In order to not piss off yer fans due to false advertising and bogus loyalty programs, inform them. Some may disagree with my line of thinking, but had I known they would be out for c-bills I would not have spent the money. PGI is up against a lot of criticism, and I hate to add more... but the term "Loyalty Program" means something to people. Check my account Russ... Spent hundreds of dollars on this game. I love it, but you are alienating and misinforming your fans. I understand the announcement is out and it will not change, but I hope you guys keep this in mind.

What nonsense are you talking about.....????? We are the only ones who will ever get the 000(L) with the skin & bonus. It stated right from the very first post that the King Crab would be available for cbills in Jan. Are you really claiming that you want just a single mech that can never be elited or mastered just so no one else can have one....??? Your point is moronic and your intelligence is highly questionable... js

#146 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

lets celebrate!

#147 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

This makes me chuckle despite the fact the king crab walks as though its just had a very large pole shoved up its backside. Its hilarious. These things elited are more dangerous than the daishi! You poor poor clanners.

That is of course until you alpha one of its enormous legs or both arms off then its about as harmful as an angry kitten.

Edited by mad kat, 09 December 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#148 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

View Postmad kat, on 09 December 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

This makes me chuckle despite the fact the king crab walks as though its just had a very large pole shoved up its backside. Its hilarious. These things elited are more dangerous than the daishi! You poor poor clanners.

That is of course until you alpha one of its enormous legs or both arms off then its about as harmful as an angry kitten.

shhh what ru doing ??ru trying to get em nerf soo early???i like the KC as it is now...handle like a charm,punch like a godzilla

#149 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Did they list the exact quirk changes anywhere?

- Inner Sphere 'Mech Quirks (only Chassis with changes listed in PDF, Some listed variants did not receive changes)

This isnt good enough. What did you change and what did it change from/to?

#150 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

My crab pot is now full! Thanks PGI!! Snip Snap!

#151 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

View Postmad kat, on 09 December 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Ah, no more need for anyone to whine about the "Direwhale" anymore, especially since you can make a Gausscrab now too.

#152 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

Judging by last nights matches i'd rather face a direwhale than a king crab. In fact i did just that on one match in my awesome 8Q there were about two or three KC near the arch on forrest colony, i tried removing their arms with a 53 pinpoint alpha but i was taking far too much damage in the process managed to kill a KC but in the end i had to turn and run (in an Awesome) and i'd rather take on the direwhale trying to come through the tunnel. I died though couldn't take the abuse.

Think these KC will be nerfed at some point but PGI will leave em be for now as they won't dare nerf em on release.

Edited by mad kat, 10 December 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#153 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

yay king krab

#154 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

I thought the KGC would be a brawler... it so isnt.

And the cockpit is tiny, I really expected to hold down the CTRL key and say 'wow I have so much space in here'.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 10 December 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#155 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

Too many guys in the assault queue, so I didn't play the KC or Gargoyles last night.

Not sure I like only being able to change one color in the Faction camos. But they are still nice to have.

Do like all the extra paints, and cockpit items.

And it occurs to me...

It would be nice if you got something for every premium pack that was purchased...especially if you bought early.
eg.. If you bought 2 premium packs, you would get two KCs, and/or double the cockpit items.
And maybe the option to gift the extra stuff to other people.
At the least you could sell stuff for extra CB.

I'm still happy with what I got, but with more I would be happier. ;)

#156 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostJRedCorn86, on 09 December 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

We get a Free Champion KGC, and will need 2 more to master them.

The three available for MC or C-Bills are not Champion mechs. Those of us with the (L) variant will need to buy two more, with MC or C-Bills, to master them (which is a bit of suck but, eh, big deal.) So they *had* to come out with the KGC for MC and C-Bills, any way you slice it.

Calm down.

Now, a free pass for those with the (L) variant to not have to buy the other two for mastery would be a right gentlemanly thing to do :D

#157 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

I noticed that some weapons do not seem to register on the King Crab if you hit it in the torsos, very similar to how the Centurion, Spider , Raven, Firestarter and Mad Dog / Vulture used to be. The AC20 heat scale and Ghost heat are insane too, I might just use Gauss on mine.

Edited by Ed Steele, 10 December 2014 - 08:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users