Cda Vs Cw

6 replies to this topic

#1 Eldane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

This may or may nor be the right place for this but...

Lets assume you are taking 2 Cicadas in your drop deck for CW...what do you take?

The X-5 may just be my favorite "light mech", I run 2 ssrm2's and 4 Meds, It's not my best mech, but I enjoys it immensely.

With quirks the 2A and 2b have meaningful differences now, besides being able to strip armor from the arms of the 2A. 6 meds vs 5 medpls. On a side note, I have Medlas Modules but no Medpls modules atm.

The 3m, well it has ECM, and with 4 Meds it shouldn't have heat problems and go 150+, or you can take bigger guns with less speed/heat efficiency. I find I do better with less guns and better heat eff, I got an itchy trigger finger...

What to do?

We really know nothing about how the games will play out, but this could be fun.

/discuss

#2 DOTSGEMINI

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

I would suggest taking the 3m. If you are really dead set on bring a second cicada, bring the mpls one? I would suggest not bringing 2 cicadas

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

The first thing to think ybout is your strenght in a CDA, what can it do and what requires CW. CDA can go fats and dode damage by this. CDA also has high mounted Hardpoints. So youc na either go a harrassing build, then pakc ML's as much as possible.

Or make it a "over the gate sniper" by pooping out, and pooping back before soemone can react.

But dont make mixed builds, CW requires emchs to be good at a specific job.

I play my Adder with 2CERPPC isn the torso to popsnipe over the gates, this grants me a between 400 and 600 dmg with it most of the times.

a similar CDA would be

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ce8a530b40ce931

too bad the 3C doesn't comes with a second E point, because a single PPC hardly makes sense. and the other B points are basically forced MG's.

Edited by Lily from animove, 17 December 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#4 Eldane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

I pretty much settled on the 3M with 2 ErLarge...it's been really solid for me. The 2 CDA drop deck just wasn't gonna work, they were fine, but the other half of my deck was under-performing.

My drop deck has changed several times since I started this thread, and that lil 3M is my second best performing mech to date for CW.

It's a great mobile Sniper on Defense, and pretty good for ECM cover and suppression fire on Offense. He's not so good against a light rush, so I found other ways to be useful.

Edited by Eldane, 18 December 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#5 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'd suggest the 3M and 2A. The 2A has great firepower and the 3M carries good firepower and ECM. The X5 might be useful with 4xML + 2xSSRM2 against a light pack. 3C is terrible, 2B is outclassed by 2A.

#6 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

I've been having lots of success with the 3C, now that its ERPPC can reach over 2km, making it an excellent supressor/sniper either on att or def. And by the time you finally engage up close the armor will have been stripped off a few of your enemies so your 4MGs can gut them quick. Gone plenty of CW matches without losing a single mech and it's always my first drop.

#7 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

For CW, currently?
CDA will have a tough time. I have all of them and do well in them but CW favors things CDA doesnt have.
CW favors all jumping/fast-lights or Meta heavies. Mediums tend to be filler unless its called a Stormcrow.

If we only had the Cicada F...

Now, should PGI give us bigger maps or the option for lower tonnage drops...game on!

The M is likely the best bet with 2LL, 2ML, and ECM

Should a small tonnage drop option occur, the C may be the next Thud 9S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users