10 replies to this topic

#1 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

Soo, today I've discovered that I do more damage in my 2xUAC5 - 5ML Firebrand than any of my Clam mechs, maybe the Hellbringer is a bit like it.
Are there any mechs that sorta play like the Firebrand, or that can be built to?

#2 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

The thing that makes the Firebrand so special is the high mounted weapon points. I can not think of a single Clan mech that has mount points like the Firebrand. The closest I can think of off the top of my head would be the torso mounted (not arm) points in the Summoner.

If you like the Firebrand and its high mounted weapon points, you might also check you the STK-4N (4 Large Laser in the arms)...with the mech quirks it is super heat efficient and has great 'peaking' ability.

#3 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yeah off top of my head the closest would be summoner as pointed out earlier. Its Torso ballistics are high up and makes for real nast mixture as there decently close together. I rolled UAC2 and 5/s in mine for awhile like that was quite evil but with how close guns to cockpit are muzzle flash can be a touch distracting.

I hope the IIC versions come out the Rifleman IIC would be alot of fun.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rifleman_IIC

Though High arm mechs are pretty rare on Clan mechs Some low ton models do it (Fire Moth, but they don't have the tonnage to get really nutty with weapons.

So need to look for high torso mount weapons which limits things a bit more but still not bad.

Be interesting to see if PGI keeps this as more of an IS bonus

Edited by Mad Ox, 11 December 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#4 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

Try Hellbringer..
I'm using this 2 builds for leveling:

Sniper
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f4b575a57ab85c5

Supressor
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a9e83f49ece7573

Hardpoints on Hellbringer are high, but not jager-high, only head laser is. On other hand, you have ECM which alows you to roam the battlefield with more freedom than a Jager would have. Fantastic mech.

Edited by Dagon Zur, 11 December 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#5 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

what makes the Jag special is the fact that the arm mounts are ABOVE cockpit level so you can barely peek over a hill and hit a target while barely showing yourself

it's not really the same since the torso can't mount ballistics and there is a little bit of torso higher than the mounts, but the Stormcrow can mount 2 E above cockpit level so to me it's the closest thing to a Jag the Clans have

#6 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

could try this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...250013bc058478b

#7 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostLava Cookies, on 10 December 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Soo, today I've discovered that I do more damage in my 2xUAC5 - 5ML Firebrand than any of my Clam mechs, maybe the Hellbringer is a bit like it.
Are there any mechs that sorta play like the Firebrand, or that can be built to?

Using a Summoner with the ballistic points for 2xUAC5s can work.

However, I think the main reason you perform better with the FB is not just the high mounts (That's a BIG part of it). It's mainly the PP FLD. If you're using clan ballistics, you can drill a hole through an enemy mech very quickly, IF they stand still, if they move, things get difficult and you start spreading damage left and right.

SMN-D 2xUAC5 4xERML

I would honestly drop one or two ER-MLs to add more armor, with a possible 5th ton of ammo. I personally run it with the 4tons, and 4MLs, but that's because I'm a suicidal lunatic, who enjoys the ballerina that is a 5xJJ Summoner.

#8 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

The Summoner and the Hellbringer have similar, but not as good, hardpoints to the Firebrand. However, no clan mech currently available in the heavy bracket can actually be loaded up like one and be expected to perform as efficiently. This comes down to pod space limitations. It would require a mech with something like 32 tons of available pod space to become equivalent to the Jagermech (as a platform/gunbag). This is partly due to tonnage requirements on individual ballistics, and partly due to the superior Inner Sphere autocannons (doing frontloaded damage, not burst).

I would tell you to wait for the Night Gyr, but if you held your breath you might die of asphyxiation. D:

#9 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

The only cUAC that has similar damage output to the UAC/5 is the cUAC/20, but the UAC/5 is pretty much all around a superior weapon. The next best thing is the cUAC/10. The cUAC/5 is basically an AC/2 with shorter range, more weight, and slower projectile speed.

Edited by 0bsidion, 24 December 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#10 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

If you could land the cuac/5 reliably, you would do more damage, but as others said, lead time and burst fire are definite limitations.

That being said... Cuac/10 pairs well with the ppc for ppd.

#11 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Clan er med lasers are not the same as IS med lasers. The Clan ER small laser almost does the same performance as a IS med laser. Clans have all of the Ultra cannons which means you can upgrade your uac5's to uac10's, 20's or downgrade to uac2's.
The closest clan weapon to IS AC's are the LBX's at closer range. LBX 5's can hit like IS AC5's due to the spread slowly growing with the distance of the shot. Clan LBX's can also be used in a light killer role like the streaks doing spray damage all over the mech but can also be used to do damage to a single section of a larger mech unlike streaks locking onto each hit box.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users