107 replies to this topic

#21 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Wonder if the LOD fix will fix the intersection in the tunnels of Crimson? Always see walls around there popping in and out.

#22 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostDonnerkeil666, on 11 December 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

Does that mean the game is down for 3 hours? Or is it coming in that intervall?
Patches always come within the time window I'm most active. :(

Same here, always slap bang in the middle of euro prime time:)
Sky Hawk, I'm starting to feel they think we are not that important to be honest. A compromise might be to patch at 7am....that way most US based peeps are either in bed/getting up for work and most euros are still at work.....every other month I lose a day's premium time because of this:)
I know it's only a small thing, but it does show that little bit of disregard for us euros.

Edited by kamiko kross, 11 December 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#23 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 10 December 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

Anyone else picture this?

Posted Image

Picture it? I live it every day. ;)

#24 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 December 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Please be advised we have a hot fix patch in the works. <div>
</div> <div>This will be deployed <b><a href="http://bit.ly/1yC0Gdc">Thursday December 11th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm PST</a></b> </div> <div>
</div> <div>Here are the fixes included in this patch:</div> <div>
</div> <div> <ul> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Fixed the Polygon skins for Gargoyle 'Mechs</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">The final team score or resources is now displayed at the End of Round screen of all game modes.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Fixed issue where large groups would erroneously be broken up between lances.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Fixed thermal vision on DirectX 11 when any form of anti-aliasing was enabled.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Reduced lag on in-game chat when large numbers of messages were received by the server simultaneously.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Fixed several systems in the InnerSphere map that had non-english characters in their names.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Improved several issues relating to popping in the terrain LOD system.</span></li> <li><span style="background-color: transparent;">Fixed mechs occasionally floating in the air when their ground contacts were suddenly removed.</span></li> </ul> <span style="background-color: transparent;"><div><span style="background-color: transparent;">
</span></div>See you on the battlefield, </span> </div> <div> <span style="background-color: transparent;">The MechWarrior Team</span>
</div>
will any of this help with frame rate drops or spikes? The frame rate eating cave on river city is always fun to play in/around ;)

#25 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostCurccu, on 11 December 2014 - 03:55 AM, said:

Noooooo! Don't break this awesome Gargoyle polygon skin!
The best skin in the game.

Spoiler

Clans can't allow their pilots to look like this...
Spoiler

#26 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:39 AM

Can someone explain (in layman's terms) what this LOD fix is all about?

#27 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:39 AM

Which game is that picture from? It looks so familiar. Doom3?
(edit: ahh...Fallout) :)

Ya...the weird Gargoyle paint is cool. Be neat to have it as an option...just for fun.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 11 December 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#28 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

I don't care what you imposters did to the real PGI crew, just keep things like this coming.

#29 Dustdog

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image
Please dont fix the Gargoyle camo .
Thats the best camo in the game

Pinky here is of the same opinion .

Edited by Dustdog, 11 December 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#30 cc steve dallas

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

Just wanted to add another kudos for the worldtimebuddy.com link in the announcement. It might be pretty minor piece when compared to the whole of what all you are doing....but it's nice addition.

Thank you

SD

#31 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostMFZ, on 11 December 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

(Improved popping with terrain LoD)

What is this?

When you are X distance away from an object, the level of detail of said object reduces to remove details that you should not be able to see regardless, so that your game runs faster.

In MWO, things have a habbit of popping to different levels of detail between 90 and 600 meters, For some things this is over 6 different times. Worse, it is incredibly obvious. For example if you're near the ledges of Frozen City or going between the buildings, look at the giant glacier that conceals the passage, you may see that the entire chunks of that ice/snow mountain and sometimes the texture changes repeatedly, and if you're in just the right position simply turning will cause it to warp back and forth as if you're in some sort of Star Trek-esque time anomaly.

In Crimson Strait, watch the pillars as you move by. There are TWO different pillars for Every Single Pillar, and within 200 meters to 201 meters, they will rapidly change with every torso movement you make; each has an entirely different textureset giving it an almost different shape (due to how the texture looks).

Think old playstation 1 graphics like Resident Evil or Resident Evil 2, where the character's leg will 'pop' through their buttocks not because the physical model did so but because at that distance the game has trouble saying 'what is on top' after the LoD is reduced.

Here's an example.

Edited by Koniving, 11 December 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#32 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

There are also some issues with the terrain... I dunno what to call it, but I saw the effect first in Doom 3 in the outside terrain areas. It's like the terrain will morph before your eyes as you move in it, mainly on hills.

#33 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 11 December 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Sky Hawk, I'm starting to feel they think we are not that important to be honest. A compromise might be to patch at 7am....that way most US based peeps are either in bed/getting up for work and most euros are still at work.....every other month I lose a day's premium time because of this:)
I know it's only a small thing, but it does show that little bit of disregard for us euros.

I think the devs are still asleep at 7am. But it would be great.

#34 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

• Fixed mechs occasionally floating in the air when their ground contacts were suddenly removed.

What.. really.. ? You mean i can finally use my 100 ton battle machine from the year +3000 to just "run down a small hill without losing it's legs" because it suddendly starts floating and gravitation gets f#cked up ???

Edited by DaniBot, 11 December 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#35 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

Please be advised we have a hot fix patch in the works.

This will be deployed Thursday December 11th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm PST

Here are the fixes included in this patch:
  • Fixed the Polygon skins for Gargoyle 'Mechs
  • The final team score or resources is now displayed at the End of Round screen of all game modes.
  • Fixed issue where large groups would erroneously be broken up between lances.
  • Fixed thermal vision on DirectX 11 when any form of anti-aliasing was enabled.
  • Reduced lag on in-game chat when large numbers of messages were received by the server simultaneously.
  • Fixed several systems in the InnerSphere map that had non-english characters in their names.
  • Improved several issues relating to popping in the terrain LOD system.
  • Fixed mechs occasionally floating in the air when their ground contacts were suddenly removed.
See you on the battlefield, </p>
The MechWarrior Team

you need help, automated emails from support saying you are busy doe not get my content you failed to deliver to me. I delivered my money to you, you did NOT deliver my purchase in its entirety to me, you want people to be eloquent with our complaints to you so here it is:

please allow me to lick your feet long enough to convince you to stop listening to people complain about paint schemes they can't alter, go into the support backlog and deal with that, including mine about not having my things delivered to me, I see that you care soooooo very much about your customers, giving them what they want, but wait.... you are giving them the ability to change ALL the colors on their clan faction camos....... how NICE.....

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DELIVER THE REST OF MY CAMO SPECS SO I CAN WORRY ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I CAN CHANGE THE COLORS...

You feed into the people who got their content, but there are those of us out here who never got the product.... perhaps your product should be delivered in full before you start nerfing it every time someone cries at you

In seriousness and with all due respect, stop fixing things until you deal with support tickets, they are generally more important than complaining on forums, please, deliver my missing camo specs, and please worry about real problems first, not the whining that comes from the self-entitled folk

View PostDiscarius, on 11 December 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Uhh...well....

Guess I'll have to rely on support to resolve my blackscreen after map being loaded every match after tuesday's patch. Even Reinstallng and Mwo Rep-tool cannot fix it for me... :lol:

wont happen you aren't complaining about something asinine

View PostSky Hawk, on 11 December 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

1. Since with my low level equipment, I don't see about half of the "far away" buildings, and little hills.. I don't think, that this LOD thing help me a lot.. but fine..

2. Aktive World Time Link? Best part of the hot-fix..

3. Server Down between 19:00-22:00 (PM CET) ??? Ye, who the hell will play in MAIN EUROPEAN GAMETIME? (Except, the irrelevant half of the players...) Least a bit fair.. because, so, the Devs can go a bit later to lunch...

Sorry guy, but they are going to do things during their workday, not yours, it is nothing against europeans and please stop making issues where there are none, if you feel discriminated against, go get laid and chill dude

View Postkamiko kross, on 11 December 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

see above answer

Edited by Uminix, 11 December 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#36 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

Don't touch the Gargoyle please!

#37 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

dunno about other peeps, but I like the MOW's glow paint. I found the same the same thing right after the patch playing with the camos.

#38 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Fixed the Polygon skins for Gargoyle 'Mechs

Noooooo
I only got to run my 'golden' mech for a couple of drops ... I was going to rename him Oscar even :(

Edited by Groutknoll, 11 December 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#39 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:47 AM

Will LoD have any impact on this?

#40 cacti46

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:53 AM