it was the best epic fight in my gamers life !!! B) :wub: :lol: :excl:

#82 Pixelpilot

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

MWO is unplayable since this CW update. Disconnects every other game and a few seconds lag spikes 2 or 3 times in a minute.

#83 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostSAHIL 619, on 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

NO THIRD PERSON VIEW?????!!!!!!!
AND bug cockpit gets invisible.....!!!!

The bug is annoying, but they advised there would be no 3PV for CW for months now.

#84 Mellonbuster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

I CAN NOT FIND ANYONE IN CW! WTF? Where are the games? NOBODY in any lobbys. even after 20 mins!!! HELP!!!

#85 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have NEXT TUESDAY scheduled off from work specifically for launch, so I could make sure I set my guys up and get a contract out of the chute. Instead, 9 minutes after I leave for work, yesterday, this drops. I didn't get home until 1am this morning, PGI...

I know a LOT of us have been bitching for years about the way patches and what-not have been coming out, and I think it's awesome that you've been getting patches out not only on-time, but ahead of time and cleanly, but could you have waited until the appointed date for this?

Fortunately, I should be able to salvage this, if I ever complete the updates.

I will say Thank you, PGI, for getting this done, and that I can't wait to play it, but now I'll have to talk to my boss and get that day back, if I can.

#86 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 12 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

The bug is annoying, but they advised there would be no 3PV for CW from the beginning.

Fixed that for you

View PostMellonbuster, on 12 December 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I CAN NOT FIND ANYONE IN CW! WTF? Where are the games? NOBODY in any lobbys. even after 20 mins!!! HELP!!!

A known bug. :(
They do not show until the group (all 12) are there.

PGI is working on fixing that last I checked

Some people have reported needing to wait 30+ minutes before it happens :(

#87 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

HOLY F**KKK! I am amazed, thanks and massive respect for the great effort you must have put in these last days to get this out sooner. Kudos to all of you PGI guys.

#88 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostSAHIL 619, on 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

NO THIRD PERSON VIEW?????!!!!!!!
AND bug cockpit gets invisible.....!!!!

Cw is serious mode, thus no 3rd person mode.

#89 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 12 December 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

A known bug. :(
They do not show until the group (all 12) are there.

I did not know about that bug... I feel real bad now about hopping from one lobby to another after only a five minute wait thinking no one else was in there.

Edited by Valdemaar, 12 December 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#90 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 12 December 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

Erm, anybody else having CryEngine memory failures on attempting to drop?

Yes - it may be a graphics memory issue - check out this thread:

http://mwomercs.com/...ocation-errors/

I was having basically 1 crash every drop - luckily I could reconnect, but I was playing DX9 with Very High textures. I'm going to give DX11 a shot today.

#91 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

Are there seperate player stats for CW, or are they not being tracked due to beta???

#92 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

I turned off post processing and put particles to low and haven't had any major performance issues.

Gets a little choppy in a full on brawl but that is all, running dx11.

#93 NuWing

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

May sound odd, so wanted to see if anyone else has the issue, but it is like mechs are floating to me. No movement other than floating and turning. No torso twists, walking, etc. And my guy only cross-hairs move when torso twist so cant see through my shoulders!

#94 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

For me community warfare has been a love-hate thing. I love the action andgameplay, with the new maps and such. But it definitly needs to be optimized. I played for awhile tonight and it took 20 minutes to get into a match. This was really annoying and hindered the amount of time I am able to play. The second thing is the maps. The one with the two ways is almost impossible to lose when defending, because the enemy can camp out on the hills and just shoot anything they can see, so basicly you're screwed if you try to rush. The other map is really hot and takes a long time to get to the fight, especially in assault mechs. I love the dropship elements, but please make a clan one AND and IS one. Its kind of impossible to win sometimes when you're attacking if you are in a pug. There are also some glitches where you sign up on one planet to defend, and get kicked off to another planet to attack. Also maybe implementing a system where if you are defending you don't drop right into the enemy formation. It gets quite annoying.
I know its just in beta, and all this is constructive criticism.
Love you guys PGI, keep up the good work with this content!

EDIT: Maybe you guys at PGI could make a system where you have to have played a certain amount of matches to be able to play community warfare. Because at this point I think this mode is more for people who have played this game for a while, and not people who are just starting.

Edited by EAP10, 12 December 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#95 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

I like that it is easier to defend than attack and win. That's the way it SHOULD be. It seriously needs more polish (UI) and it needs more maps and we all still need a better new player experience to grow the community.

But please remove trial mechs from CW. Trial mechs are not mastered so they are not as good as owned and configured mechs. Trial clan mechs are way too hot to be effective. Many trial clan and IS mechs are light on armor. Trial mechs cannot have modules. And more often than not, trial mechs are piloted by new players. (not always, just more often than not) IF PGI won't remove trial mechs, then TRIAL needs a brighter more contrasting color across the mech icon than the dark font that it is today.

Drop Deck should be configurable like the old favorite mechs selected in UI 1.0 if any of you remember that? We should be able to configure our drop deck within Mechlab.

But it's about damn time we got CW. YEAH!

Edited by 7ynx, 13 December 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#96 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

Ok so here is my feedback, for what it is worth.

1. There are optimisation issues, these are well known by now so I won't go on about them.

2. We need some kind of faction chat window, similar to the unit chat so we can at least let each other know where we are attacking or defending.

3. It would be really helpful to see on the planet screens how many players are in each lobby.

4. The new maps are great but Boreal Vault is too small and the gates too close together. Too much of an advantage to the defending team.

5. It takes way too long to get a match points 2 & 3 would help this.

6. It is still possible for the winning team, especially defenders to camp the spawn points. This needs to be addressed.

7. Despite all of the above I have had great fun playing this new game mode - I appreciate this is still beta and I really look forward to seeing it develop.

Thanks PGI for the hard work :)

View Post7ynx, on 13 December 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

I like that it is easier to defend than attack and win. That's the way it SHOULD be. It seriously needs more polish (UI) and it needs more maps and we all still need a better new player experience to grow the community.

But please remove trial mechs from CW. Trial mechs are not mastered so they are not as good as owned and configured mechs. Trial clan mechs are way too hot to be effective. Many trial clan and IS mechs are light on armor. Trial mechs cannot have modules. And more often than not, trial mechs are piloted by new players. (not always, just more often than not) IF PGI won't remove trial mechs, then TRIAL needs a brighter more contrasting color across the mech icon than the dark font that it is today.

Drop Deck should be configurable like the old favorite mechs selected in UI 1.0 if any of you remember that? We should be able to configure our drop deck within Mechlab.

But it's about damn time we got CW. YEAH!

The trial mechs are there so people who don't own a whole bunch of mechs in different weight classes can still play the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users