Damn I'm getting OLD!!!

53 replies to this topic

#21 TsunamiHK

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostMerv DeGriff, on 26 June 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Hmm... I think House Davion could use some services. I'm not too expensive, I have mechs and my compatriots and I are willing to cut them a discount on the salvage rights if they let us keep the enery weapons!

Did I mention we're reliable? A solid B- from the MRBC! It's a steal!

(Or that's what my old table top campaing unit ended at.)

In other news: Yeah, I am so glad with this game I won't wonder "is that a roundish building or an urbanmech?" untill a AC20 is or is not fired ... ... ... And I find out a second later like I did a couple times on BT3035 when I worked at AOL. (How long ago was that... *shudder*)

I was actually MPBT Storm for AOL Gaming and a GM in Legends of Kesmai back in the day!

#22 acheronlv426

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

4 kids and over 40 years under the belt here, I remember playing MPBT on AOL on 56K dial up, wound up with over a $100 AOL bill one month from overage, I rationalized it at the time because I was working overtime at my job. Now I just need to find some cash to get a computer to run this thing and I'm all set. (Who knew kids are expensive?!)

#23 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postacheronlv426, on 26 June 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

4 kids and over 40 years under the belt here, I remember playing MPBT on AOL on 56K dial up, wound up with over a $100 AOL bill one month from overage, I rationalized it at the time because I was working overtime at my job. Now I just need to find some cash to get a computer to run this thing and I'm all set. (Who knew kids are expensive?!)

Heheheheh, yeah my wife and I have been planning to get new vehicles the first week in July this year. So to take MWO into account instead of getting a 2013 Boss 302, I'm opting for a lightly used 2011 Mustang V6 Premium. Just in case.

#24 Bypolar

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hang on let me put me teeth in!!,Ah ok so what where we talking about??

#25 Brosef Stalin

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Honestly a clan of exclusively "mature" gamers could probably work out pretty well.

What we lack in twitch-skill we'll make up for in co-operation, patience, and tactics.

#26 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Was WAY to busy following the Greatful Dead around back then. Didn't get sucked into a game until MW2. Keep on Truckin!

As for elder units, any former MSZone group would fit the bill. Just depends on what you want out of it. You have to integrate new players or stagnate and die though. New twitchers become old tacticians faster than we'd all like to admit.

Edited by Insidious Johnson, 26 June 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#27 HeavyGun

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

We had a clan in Mechwarrior before with 35+ only They were "Old Men Online"

#28 Gramash

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 27 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like the Nova Cats have been sorted out once the clans are introduced!

#29 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

View PostBrosef Stalin, on 26 June 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

We should make a Greybeards clan for older players.

Send me a PM, I wouldn't mind teaming up with guys about my age.

#30 silentD11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 816 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

31 here, played against Thresh in Q1, oh and the stories I could tell about street fighter. Longtime Warhammer and Battletech player. US Veteran, and came back to work in a save the world fashion.

Though as I always say, the older you get, the better toys you get (looks at two arcade machines, 2x 1080p tvs, and 4 computers for lan in a DC apartment) yes better, but costs more... le sigh.

#31 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Ho look, a thread filled with old dudes ! ;)

You guys should ask the devs if instead of a joystick you can play with your walking stick

Or I can already see the dialogue in game :

"- Sorry guys, need to pee
- No problem <insert old guy's name here> , waiting for you to attack

*10 minutes later*

- Ok guys, I'm back...Guys ? Anyone ??"

Or the variant :

*3 weeks later*

- <insert old guy's name here>, what happened to you ?
- Well I got up to pee, but the whire of my headset got caught in my walker, I fell and broke my hip...
- Sorry dude..."

Or this one :

"- Hey, <insert old guy's name here>, want to play some MWO tonight, gonna be awesome !
- sorry guys, I wish I could but I only got 11 hours of sleep last night so I'm feeling really tired..."

And hey, don't feel bad, I heard that PGI is planning to make a mech especially for mature players, I managed to get my hands on the leaked design, here it is :

Posted Image

No but seriously, I'm looking forward to having some experienced players taking the role of commanders to lead Lances, and I wouldn't mind myself serving under an aged member with experience ! :)

#32 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostTsunamiHK, on 26 June 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

How many OLD men and women have been waiting for this game to come out since the end of Genie / Solaris? I need a beta account before I get any older... lol I have 4 grandchildren and one on the way... so all you young MechWarrior’s be thankful you did not have to wait as long as some of us ;>

Looking forward to kicking the heck out of some Davion booty!!!

konbanwa,

-=Tsu

ps: if I broke any board rules I apologize in my old age I probably forgot!

You have yet to BEGIN the fight, mechwarrior, now climb into your cockpit and power-up that mech, there's stomping to be done!

#33 TsunamiHK

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostZack Delphirian, on 27 June 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

Ho look, a thread filled with old dudes ! :rolleyes:

And hey, don't feel bad, I heard that PGI is planning to make a mech especially for mature players, I managed to get my hands on the leaked design, here it is :

Posted Image

No but seriously, I'm looking forward to having some experienced players taking the role of commanders to lead Lances, and I wouldn't mind myself serving under an aged member with experience ! :huh:

LOL this made me laugh! Good to see so many old timers waiting on the game.... don't count this old guy out to fast I'm sure I can hang with the young guys just fine!

#34 Lunchmeat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Fantastic. I have four kids and four grandkids as well. After reading this thread, I feel a whole lot better about the community I'll be in :)

Edited by Lunchmeat, 28 June 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#35 Milano

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

View PostTsunamiHK, on 26 June 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

I was actually MPBT Storm for AOL Gaming and a GM in Legends of Kesmai back in the day!

thought I was the only one alive who remembered LoK.. and I think I remember "MPBT Storm"
My father & I ran :::STEEL VIPERS::: on MPBT: Solaris, had 130-something guys

Was part of your responsibility adding subforums for "stables"?

I realize there is still some LoK going on but I've played on the server I found and its pretty dead

yeah, you're old :P

#36 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostTsunamiHK, on 26 June 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

How many OLD men and women have been waiting for this game to come out since the end of Genie / Solaris? I need a beta account before I get any older... lol I have 4 grandchildren and one on the way... so all you young MechWarrior’s be thankful you did not have to wait as long as some of us ;>

Looking forward to kicking the heck out of some Davion booty!!!

konbanwa,

-=Tsu

ps: if I broke any board rules I apologize in my old age I probably forgot!

Heyo Sensei, good to see some of the older fans of Mechwarrior here, I've played the older games, MW2, never got to play MW1, but I'll say one thing, but I'm glad your long awaited game has come, I'll be there to kick some Davion behind with you as well, if you pay well that is :P

#37 P5YCHOKILLER

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I am older than PONG, but that didn't stop me from getting my first kill today, of course I was following a teammate and only got off one shot, do kill steals count, according to the scoreboard, yes they do! I can't wai t'til I, (or MWO) fixes the Joystick linking problem. I custom link, I save, it forgets. Or maybe I'm just too old to figure it out on my own, can I borrow one of those grand-kids of yours, you'll still have three to help you,

#38 P5YCHOKILLER

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Who you calling old you con-founded cantancurus whipper snapper! Dag nabbit! I'd put you over my knee but "my hip actuator is out, and there's not much I can do about it! "

#39 P5YCHOKILLER

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostZack Delphirian, on 27 June 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

Ho look, a thread filled with old dudes ! ;)

You guys should ask the devs if instead of a joystick you can play with your walking stick

Or I can already see the dialogue in game :

*10 minutes later*

- Ok guys, I'm back...Guys ? Anyone ??"

Or the variant :

*3 weeks later*

- <insert old guy's name here>, what happened to you ?
- Well I got up to pee, but the whire of my headset got caught in my walker, I fell and broke my hip...
- Sorry dude..."

Or this one :

"- Hey, <insert old guy's name here>, want to play some MWO tonight, gonna be awesome !
- sorry guys, I wish I could but I only got 11 hours of sleep last night so I'm feeling really tired..."

Posted Image

No but seriously, I'm looking forward to having some experienced players taking the role of commanders to lead Lances, and I wouldn't mind myself serving under an aged member with experience ! :P

Your not that old, you figured out how to use one of them there dagblasted friutsy cutsey emoticon thing-a-ma-jiggers, by-gum!

#40 P5YCHOKILLER

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Oh, look, gram-pa has gone senile, he wandered of into the lake, or, he filled his legs with heatsinks, and water increases cooldown, just like it did 30 years ago on paper. I will take old age and wisdom, over youth and vitality any day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users