Defenders get turrets.
Give the attackers aerospace fighters and tanks =3

#102 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

I played one match last night and it was so much fun. I'm having the same issues that everyone else is having:
  • Atrocious wait times (20+ minutes)
  • HUD disappear bug
  • Epic framerate drop
  • System memory getting chewed up

Those are issues, here are suggestions:
  • Display players waiting in attack/defend lobby for plant (might help wait times)
  • Ability to click on a planet from the list and zoom in and out so I know where it is relative to the rest of the system
  • Some type of feedback on which planet is the "hottest" or has most activity

#103 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

Here is my feelings about this Beta test......

Attackers ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!
Defenders DEFEND!!!!!!!!!

The power of coordinating 10-12 man groups who practice & play together on comms constantly is overwhelming. If you want PUGs and smaller groups to be able to enjoy and be effective then let the defenders have the advantage of the walls, turrets, chokepoints, & shorter spawn distance. They can be a part of Community Warfare and feel helpful & fulfilled that they are helping their faction stay strong. The dedicated groups can then Attack to feel the sense of satisfaction that expanding their Faction brings.

My experience was yesterday, in the beginning helping get a few of the Wins attacking Kimball II that turned that planet to Steiner and after the patch Defending Apollo & Port Mosbley. Its just cruel to make PUGs & smaller groups have to Counter Attack on a Defend Contract against people like Lords & 228. A cruel, annoying, unfunny joke.... Waiting in the Lobby for +10 mins, then a 5 min countdown, to launch into a 30 min game that has ZERO possibility of being won. Even with all the advantages of defending Lords was able to win sometimes with coordinated attacks, PUGs have none of those chances. So it just becomes a frustrating exercise in futility to make have to bang their heads on that wall. Which isn't good for anyone since it wont keep the players attracted that are needed to make it fun.

My 2 cbills....

Edited by I_AM_ZUUL, 12 December 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#104 MAU88

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

TO PGI
(I don't think this message will get your attention but I'll try anyway)

To lower the absurd waiting time in CW you could add a PLAYER COUNTER in the planet lobby, so that we can know if someone is interested in attacking / defending that planet or not and at what point of the search the matchmaker is.

EXAMPLE

I click on Apollo and I see this message:

Planet:Apollo
attack: 12/12 (ready!)
defense: 4/12 (searching...)

I click on Tripoli and I see this message:
Attack:1/12 (this dude will wait for ever)
Defense:0/12

This way we don't have to wait FOREVER to find a game

#105 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Loved the new game play mode - had a great battle with the clans, (fell a little short but was holding our own at 25 kills each until they got their act together and took advantage of their better firepower). Overall, a great achievement on your part and something for us to build on.

BTW - Thank you for not throwing in the towel a year or so back when it was bad. You have totally redeemed yourselves and all true battletechs fans will be eternally grateful to PGI.

Edited by Markoxford, 12 December 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#106 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostMAU88, on 12 December 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

TO PGI
(I don't think this message will get your attention but I'll try anyway)

To lower the absurd waiting time in CW you could add a PLAYER COUNTER in the planet lobby, so that we can know if someone is interested in attacking / defending that planet or not and at what point of the search the matchmaker is.

EXAMPLE

I click on Apollo and I see this message:

Planet:Apollo
attack: 12/12 (ready!)
defense: 4/12 (searching...)

I click on Tripoli and I see this message:
Attack:1/12 (this dude will wait for ever)
Defense:0/12

This way we don't have to wait FOREVER to find a game

CW is great, but this ^^ this so much...15 minutes to find a match is just to much.

#107 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Please remove the accept line at the bottom of every single notification if it's not related to the faction we've chosen, please?

Please make it so I, as an individual, can go and fight in CW without my group being on? You guys said we were going to be part of the faction, that we would be working, almost as in PUG games, together with others of our faction. Make it so, please?

I'm utterly stupefied at the early release of this; I was expecting and prepared for next Tuesday. This early release has really thrown a wrench in my plans, and though I'm grateful to have it, not early.

#108 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostMAU88, on 12 December 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

TO PGI (I don't think this message will get your attention but I'll try anyway) To lower the absurd waiting time in CW you could add a PLAYER COUNTER in the planet lobby, so that we can know if someone is interested in attacking / defending that planet or not and at what point of the search the matchmaker is. EXAMPLE I click on Apollo and I see this message: Planet:Apollo attack: 12/12 (ready!) defense: 4/12 (searching...) I click on Tripoli and I see this message: Attack:1/12 (this dude will wait for ever) Defense:0/12 This way we don't have to wait FOREVER to find a game

The problem is, it isn't this simple. The situation is more like:

Apollo:

Attack: 12/12 (ready!)
Defend: ummmm, I have a group of 4, a group of 6, a group of seven, and a 10 man... CRAP. Apollo needs more defenders! Meanwhile, 27 potential defenders are waiting for the cracks to fill in.

What we need is an 'Instant action' solo line to fill in the voids, regardless of planet. You click attack or defend, and MM will figure our where to put you into a conflict that needs singles to fill out the queue.

#109 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 December 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

What we need is an 'Instant action' solo line to fill in the voids, regardless of planet. You click attack or defend, and MM will figure our where to put you into a conflict that needs singles to fill out the queue.

Yeah, my team was discussing this as we waited more than 70 minutes to eventually find a fight.

Just have a faction-specific queue (eg. "FRR aligned players ready to fight") and the FRR High Command can decide where to send us.

#110 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Since Mercs are already AFU with regards to how factions are handled, I agree 100% that there should be a faction-based Instant Action button, and hopefully these queue's will fill up fast enough.

I thought the counter counting up on the Faction launch window was just me not understanding how that part of the interface works. I said there for several minutes the first time, waiting for others to join, but I saw no launch button or anything. That was really strange, so I canceled and left.

PGI, you have some 'splainin' to do! A guide to how these things work would really help, please? And, the instant action button would also be nice, from the group queue and when selecting a game from within the Faction window. I'm honestly confuzzled as to how this is all working.

#111 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

I'm rather enjoying it now that I figured it out...which I did by the second game. (also finished the challenge...man that took a while)

Bugs an thoughts:

- Wait times are long but not too bad when you consider that you can bring in 4 mechs and have 30 minutes to play them. Still, it would be nice if they were lower.
- Would be nice to see some kind of progress bar when waiting...to see if it's worth waiting.
- Cockpit items not showing up
- Cockpit disappears when torso turning, and sometimes in the dropship
- Lights seem to have LAG shields. My frame rates were good, but still I could hit lights at close range and somehow miss. (yes I'm positive I had good shots that didn't connect) It's worse if they pump their jumpjets on and off.
- Lots of players DC'ing...more so on the public matches. And always at the start.
- Player mech types not showing up in the lobby. Even after a match. (again, more so in the public matches)
- I got stuck on terrain on the hot CW map. Facing the Beta gate while attacking. In the gap in the canyon wall that you have to jump through facing the beta gate. Right side of the gap, on the gate side.

Attack is all about the speed. IS has the advantage as their lights are much faster than CLAN. Luckily (I'm Ghost Bear) I only saw IS teams use this advantage twice in large coordinated light runs. (Check out TheB33f's latest YouTube vid)
Arty's don't seem to work on generators, and possibly turrets too.

Defense is the most fun and profitable. In attack it's all about legging the enemy (to avoid bringing in drop ships and fresh mechs at the target), killing turrets, and getting to the generators ...as fast as possible. Defense is all about killing enemy mechs. ...hence it gives more XP and Cbills.

That being said, it would be nice to know in advance if its going to be an attack or defense run. So I can properly choose my mechs. And it would be nice to be able to edit the mech equipment before a drop. I move some modules around between mechs.

But ya, I enjoyed it. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users