• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostJesus DIED for me, on 11 December 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

Click on "Faction" tab first.

Been clicking on the the Faction tab in my profile... no effect. Been clicking on the Faction tab ingame... no option to battle

#43 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Now that that's over with...how goes your first day with Community Warfare?! We know, it's a little rocky here and there, but more fixes are coming!

It was amazing! Oh, it was fun. Very, very fun.

My only complaint is that my framerate took a massive hit. Running a very new, top of the line rig on mixed settings, still getting ~15fps once the really heavy fighting breaks out.

I'm sure that will get better with time. And you know what? Even with that, it's still so much fun. Thank you for this.

#44 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostVeliah Truard, on 11 December 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

Wait times wait times wait times. Needs to be much more obvious if people are in a queue for a planet with you or not. enemy team too, that way you know if there's anyone actively playing against you.

Hide names and unit tags as a surprise for when you actually load in, but a simple counter in the corner of the waiting for match screen that had the following info would be massively helpful.

Defenders in current Queue: #/12
Attackers in current Queue: #/12

Followed by a basic (#/A - #/D) (Attackers/Defenders in planet queue) following each planet on the Select a planet window, so you could see at a glance which planets are hot targets and need people.

Lastly, maybe a modification of the "For faster wait times drop X mech class" window geared for CW.
Make it a "For faster wait times, play on planets X, X, X, or X" And literally just have it be the 4 most populated plantary queues.

That is all. Please consider.

Love the content, great fun! More please!

This. For improving wait times.

Edited by Johnny Z, 11 December 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#45 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 11 December 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Been clicking on the the Faction tab in my profile... no effect. Been clicking on the Faction tab ingame... no option to battle

I believe, (coming from my personal experience as a group/faction leader) that your group/faction leader needs to accept a contract first, then, other members in the group/faction can do the same--it's like an 'unlock' for them. This could be a bug? or I am missing something, but, I think that's why you don't see any banners in there to choose from to get a contract.

#46 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Faction leader is away i think.... so time to jump

#47 Edmar Fecler

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

is anyone else getting 5-10 minute waits to be included in a match, even if it promted "X needed here; click to accept" <_<

#48 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

CW is NUTZ! :D Glorious combat! LOL! Buggy... but fun

#49 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

My first CW match I was attacking and lost. I am learning how to use the new CW UI. On my second battle, I was on defense and my FPS slowed drastically and I started getting CryEngine memory errors. I was able to re-join several times but I kept getting the same CryEngine memory errors.

I sent in a ticket to PGI. I have no FPS or memory issues when playing PUG matches.

#50 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostEdmar Fecler, on 11 December 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

is anyone else getting 5-10 minute waits to be included in a match, even if it promted &quot;X needed here; click to accept&quot; &lt;_&lt;

I believe the 'needed' thing is automatic for the planets that are enabled for warfare and that means there may not be any people there waiting for you there... sooo... you might be waiting for the whole crew to arrive all that time, being the first on the scene. Just because it says "needed" doesn't yet mean that there are any people there.

#51 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

how do I join? Cant find a join game button in the game for CW

I'm in the Atlas Hunters merc unit. Will this cause issue?

I'm guessing I'll have to leave the team to join a faction?

if your in a unit and your unit leader hasnt been on to RESELECT a faction you cant play unless you leave that unit for the meantime.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#52 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 11 December 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

if your in a unit and your unit leader hasnt been on to RESELECT a faction you cant play unless you leave that unit for the meantime.

True. That seems to be the bug (or not.. maybe it's normal).

But the unit's leader must accept (any) contract in order for others in the unit being able to see the Community Warfare (clickable/'choosable') information in the "Faction" tab. Otherwise all they see is generic map of the community warfare and not factions to choose from. Two people in my unit complained to me that they were not able to see or to choose anything related to CW until I figured it out the hard way--had to accept a contract (even though I didn't want to) in order for them to be able to choose... strange way to treat them from PGI. Everybody should be able to choose or deny community warfare allegiance to a particular PGI set factions if they chose to, and it shouldn't be related to a unit's leader's actions. I think it's a bug (I hope). I, personally, prefer to go lone wolf style and I think there should be a planet or a solar system for such minded individuals--people shouldn't be goaded into a particular predetermined house.

#53 DonTony

• Pip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

I've had to wait for up to 15 minutes without a game only to give up and do something else, seems good but only managed to play 2 games in a 2 hour session

#54 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Can't even get into the match. Always got sent back to the mechlab even when i attempted to rejoin....noooooo~~ T_____T

#55 karmabo

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSydjylland, Denmark

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

its quite good 2 things i want to mention is the cocpit seems, to disapeer now and againg and the framerate drops about 40 frames, on the snow map compared to other maps.

otherwise keep op the good work

#56 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

There are a number of bugs that need to be fixed. That was to be expected. Shoot, one match we dropped and the entire enemy team vanished. Poof. Frame rate issue is obvious. Graphical issues with rocks are dealing more damage to my legs than an AC/20. One disconnect means four fewer mechs in the fight with an average of two per match and they are usually on the same side. Wait times are atrocious. Etc. etc. etc.

All that being said, I've had a blast this evening. The game mode is really fun. It feels like MechWarrior again.

That being said, I will address the elephant in the room. You've unleashed the competitive teams on your larger player base and I don't think it can last long. These guys are a bit drunk on their mech powers right now and are being downright ugly toward their "lessers". Unfortunately for you as a gaming company, there are only a handful of elite players to pay you and a ton of us "ggclose newbs don't know where the gate is lol lol lel". You might want to work on a way for us to avoid these people if we don't feel up to the challenge.

The standard response on the forums is to go back to normal game mode, I think that is absurd and a very bad business model. Here's hoping you'll come up with something to allow everyone to enjoy CW.

#57 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Looks great guys, looks really great. From what have been able to see so-far, sure, needs some bugs worked out, but so-far, so-good!!!

Please keep up the pace with the tweaks and with the content and I see a massive resurgence in this game!

-Dart

#58 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

View PostZenFool, on 12 December 2014 - 12:31 AM, said:

There are a number of bugs that need to be fixed. That was to be expected. Shoot, one match we dropped and the entire enemy team vanished. Poof. Frame rate issue is obvious. Graphical issues with rocks are dealing more damage to my legs than an AC/20. One disconnect means four fewer mechs in the fight with an average of two per match and they are usually on the same side. Wait times are atrocious. Etc. etc. etc.

All that being said, I've had a blast this evening. The game mode is really fun. It feels like MechWarrior again.

That being said, I will address the elephant in the room. You've unleashed the competitive teams on your larger player base and I don't think it can last long. These guys are a bit drunk on their mech powers right now and are being downright ugly toward their &quot;lessers&quot;. Unfortunately for you as a gaming company, there are only a handful of elite players to pay you and a ton of us &quot;ggclose newbs don't know where the gate is lol lol lel&quot;. You might want to work on a way for us to avoid these people if we don't feel up to the challenge.

The standard response on the forums is to go back to normal game mode, I think that is absurd and a very bad business model. Here's hoping you'll come up with something to allow everyone to enjoy CW.

Well, I droped in a game in CW and our team 'pugged' away from the cannon towards the other team (assault, sniper, etc. mostly heavy).. meanwhile they had, unlike us, all 12 light fast mechs and just run through and captured the cannon in less than a minute. It was horrible and hilarious at the same time. Sure, an organized pro mafia of seasoned mwo players.. but still.. it's unfair to pug players (some who pay money for this game) who just want to have generic 'fun' experience.

#59 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

Find a casual unit that is recruiting... solves your problems. Even casual players can be competitive and stand up to the more "comp" teams.

post disclaimer: BSI is currently not recruiting... ignore my signature... seriously... not joking lol

#60 Ren Kurogane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 175 posts
  • Location10.4.2 401

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

Finally got into a match. Was fun, but my fps dropped to around 15 while with the same setting i usually got 35-40. And i feel i need to jump into TS, uncoordinated teamplay as attackers will only bring failure...no idea about defenders though, with their abundant turrets + nice choke points on their LZ...

Though i do think, even with same degree of coordination, defenders still have the upper hand. It's hard, but also fun... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users