Frames Per Second Have Dropped To Single Digits.

18 replies to this topic

#1 MuFasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 287 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

Ok first off my system info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Name AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes
Driver Version 14.501.1003.0
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32

I am getting HORRIBLE frame rates I stutter down to single digits and its just recently. Especially in Community Warfare.

#2 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

/http://mwomercs.com/...-low-framerate/
8150 has multiple issues regarding MWO.
patches and user.cfg files are your best steps forward. A healthy overclock on that bulldozer would help reach almost suitable territory.

#3 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

Just so you know I dropped to single digits as well. CW is unplayable for me. I was getting a steady 55-60fps on mine. And I recently OCed my FX-8350 to 4.6Ghz, and I use lasso for parking and affinity. Looks like more hate for AMD users with the CW. In the drop bay I was at 60fps and when I dropped I immediately shot down to 30fps, then the closer I got to the action I went to 8 and 9.

Going to have to break down and get an i7 if this is how it is going to be.

Dropped all my settings to low or medium and turned off post AA. Will try tonight with DX11 and see if that helps, but I doubt it.

I noticed no matter what I did during the match I could tell no visual difference. Don't know if it locks you out of changes until the match is over, but just my observations.

I noticed Boreal looks much prettier than the older maps though.

#4 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

Same here...CW is pretty much unplayable for me.

#5 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

MWO = Per Core Performance mandatory.

Bulldozer does not = high per core performance

It's just the way it is.

Piledriver is better but is no cure.

Edited by DV McKenna, 12 December 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#6 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, community warfare doesn't run well, might run extra terrible the first few games building up the shader cache.

#7 nonplusultra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 241 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

I have a Kaveri 7850 and my framerates dropped by 50%.

#8 wuCkTEC

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAUT

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:39 AM

Surely, we all know the Zambezi & Visheras dont perform that well compared to intel, and as of now the least thing every AMD user should do is, put most of the ingame options on lowest... especially effects, particles, shadows, possibly environment and even consider putting object detail on medium at most. you can also try to set up a user config and use the common commands...

all that works quite ok for me, i get playable framerates (25-30) in heavy fights in CW with
fx8350 @ 4,4ghz on win7 64bit

but as they said, road may still be rocky and there will be patches and fixes incoming... theres a lot of fps to be gained through optimization

Edited by wuCkTEC, 12 December 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#9 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

Add me to the list of those who were getting 40-50 fps and now teens, maybe low twenties.

I dropped the menu on LOW to all choices. Still get kicked.

It gets horribly WORSE when I go to my second/third mech on the CW drop.

Goes from OMG, bbq hoorah so excited! early release? yeehaw, to W.T.F. back to world of tanks....

#10 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

Setting everything to low helps only a little bit, on low MWO still wants per-core performance. The fancy graphics effects scale better to many cores.

#11 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 12 December 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Setting everything to low helps only a little bit, on low MWO still wants per-core performance. The fancy graphics effects scale better to many cores.

4-5 fps would help.
Previously on medium settings ( I think I had textures and something else set to high) and nvidia control panel set to 'balance' I was in the 40-50, with dips into the low 30's in action. Very playable.
In the tutorial test maps 80 fps no matter what.

Now, in drops not uncommon with reduced settings all around, to run in game low twenties, heavy action drop into the teens.

Its really hard for me to blame my rig when the change happened immediately after the patch, eh?

#12 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

If this is about community warfare performance, there is a thread in the community warfare section from support asking for full dxdiag and info about performance issues. Contact support and add your info to the pile.

If this is all the time, sorry, but step one is not to have an 8150 anymore because they are terrible chips pretty much all-around. Particles definitely have one of the bigger impacts on the CPU. If you were to drop that to low, one would think your GPU could definitely handle everything else on high/very high. Maybe keep shadows on high or medium. Could be heat, too. What are your temps like? Have you OCed the CPU or GPU at all?

#13 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:34 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 12 December 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

I was in the 40-50, with dips into the low 30's in action. Very playable.

Now, in drops not uncommon with reduced settings all around, to run in game low twenties, heavy action drop into the teens.

Seems consistent with what everyone is reporting in community warfare.

#14 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 12 December 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

4-5 fps would help.
Previously on medium settings ( I think I had textures and something else set to high) and nvidia control panel set to 'balance' I was in the 40-50, with dips into the low 30's in action. Very playable.

Its really hard for me to blame my rig when the change happened immediately after the patch, eh?

Actually it kind of is and kind of is not.

An already struggling AMD machine suddenly becomes worse when there is more going on in game and more dead mech shells to render.

#15 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 12 December 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

Actually it kind of is and kind of is not.

An already struggling AMD machine suddenly becomes worse when there is more going on in game and more dead mech shells to render.

I should have mentioned I run an intel machine. Nothing up to the second, nor uber powerful, and USED to run MWO quite well.
Now I find myself killing background processes to get less performance.

I DID try that trick of unticking hardware acceleration, will report back IF any good came from it, thanks for the tip

#16 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 12 December 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

If this is about community warfare performance, there is a thread in the community warfare section from support asking for full dxdiag and info about performance issues. Contact support and add your info to the pile.

Thanks, did not know about the thread. Will do.

Mean time, this weekend will be working on performance tweaks and will post my findings.

#17 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 12 December 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

I should have mentioned I run an intel machine. Nothing up to the second, nor uber powerful, and USED to run MWO quite well.
Now I find myself killing background processes to get less performance.

I DID try that trick of unticking hardware acceleration, will report back IF any good came from it, thanks for the tip

Depends on the intel machine, if your talking Sandybridge upwards I5/I7 then yea it should not be that way.
The problem stems from a poorly optimised game that was already pushing hardware harder than it should, now being far worse in the CW mode.

PGI know their game doesnt run well, so why they chose to leave dead mech shells in to render is beyond me.

Edited by DV McKenna, 13 December 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#18 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:41 AM

Dead mech removal was in the hotfix yesterday.

#19 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 13 December 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

Depends on the intel machine, if your talking Sandybridge upwards I5/I7 then yea it should not be that way.
The problem stems from a poorly optimised game that was already pushing hardware harder than it should, now being far worse in the CW mode.

Well, I'm having a hard time blaming the machine.
I can see your point however, demanding game, sure it might run other games very well, but not this one, cause its all CPU dependent. and stuff. Very easy for those who run the game to say "hey, its on your end, try new drivers, run the mwo tool, is your motherboard more than 2 weeks old etc etc

....but....I'll drop back into pug life and my fps comes back? (actually higher cause I dumbed down settings) Mining map is still fraught with peril, low stuttering frames on SOME spots in the map.

its the CW maps, the server, the poor optimization etc, not us. Be sure.

dead mech removal HELPED a ton.

Gives my 8 gigs of memory some more flex room

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users