#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

I haven't actually gotten to patch and play it yet (busy either being sick or working or both) but the jist of it is, you need to go to the Faction tab in the client, pick a faction, choose a contract length (how long you will fight for that faction) and then choose a planet to attack or defend based on your faction choice.

Should also be a button somewhere to set up your "dropship" your 4 mechs you will bring totalling between 140 and 240 tons

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Under the Faction tab in game

You chose a faction to fight for
Then you chose a planet to attack or defend (not sure how it works 100% since I am aligned to davion right now, and can defend Kurita and FRR worlds)
Then you wait for 23 other players to do the same to the same world.

Then you fight a match on one of two maps - with one side defending a base, the other trying to knock it down.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostEl Repugno, on 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

How do you get into the faction wars?

Step by step; this is assuming that you are not part of a unit or have not 'tried' yet. If you have, skip steps 1 through 3.

1) Log into the game.
Posted Image
2) Click on "Faction."
3) You will be asked to choose a faction and a contract length. Please pick one (if you are unsure which one you want, choose '7 day contract'. Please only pick a 'Clan' faction if you have Clan Omni-Mechs otherwise pick any 'House' faction for Inner Sphere BattleMechs). If after doing this you find that step 5 does not work, please restart your client. There is a bug with faction selection if you do this while in a player group with friends!
4) Along the border of the faction you chose there should be some planets with smoke effects, sparks, explosions, etc (more visible when you zoom in using the mouse wheel or by clicking the planet). You can choose one of these planets, or select from a list on the right hand side. 'Sword' icons represent planets your faction is attacking. Shield icons represent planets your faction is defending.
Posted Image
5) Once you have chosen a planet, you will see some information on the planet and then a drop deck. Please choose 4 mechs. The total tonnage of the 4 mechs must be between 140 and 240 tons.
Posted Image
Note: If you do not see a dropdeck, then either the planet you have selected has no conflict (choose another planet) or you have a bug (restart the game).
(This below is a planet that I fought twice on; it is now taken over.)
Posted Image
6) When ready (and in a group of players), click "Not Ready" which will change it to "Ready." If you are the group leader or playing on your own, choose "Attack," "Defend," or "Launch" (which one appears seems to be situational).
Posted Image

7) It will list a lot of empty slots. These will fill 'instantly'...after between 1 and 6 minutes. Please be patient. This is not a fast process.
Posted Image
8) You will be asked to wait again while defenders are found. For me this has always been super fast. Scary fast.
9) You are now in a dropship, waiting for arrival to your destination.

If you are defending:
There are gates. Behind these gates are generators. If the generators are destroyed the gates open (...despite not having any power to do so; this makes as much sense as closed doors consuming power in Five Nights at Freddy's). You must prevent the enemy from attacking the weak spots of the Orbital Cannon (typically 'Omega' waypoint).

If you are attacking: You destroy the generators. Get through the gates. Destroy the orbital cannon.

Good luck!

My first (and losing) experience.

Edited by Koniving, 12 December 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#5 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostKoniving, on 12 December 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Step by step; this is assuming that you are not part of a unit or have not 'tried' yet. If you have, skip steps 1 through 3.

Sorry to plagiarize but I'm going to cut/copy/spam this all over the place. Great explanation Kon. Thanks.

#6 Maljenio

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

I have selected loyalty to Marik, for Faction wars.

So why i´m doing spending money buying clan mechs?

What about the posibility of have two separate accounts for Inner sphere and clans?

And... :D somebody can move my madcats to that new account??

#7 Pufikazzz

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi Havew some small question,.. how can I join to some Liao team,... I am new there :)

#8 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostPufikazzz, on 15 December 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hi Havew some small question,.. how can I join to some Liao team,... I am new there :)

Head on over to the House Liao recruitment forum, read the descriptions and contact a member of the unit. Welcome to the CCAF :)

http://mwomercs.com/...-confederation/

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 15 December 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostMaljenio, on 14 December 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

What about the posibility of have two separate accounts for Inner sphere and clans?

And... :D somebody can move my madcats to that new account??

Ask support@mwomercs.com.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users