A Proposal To The Frr Organized Units

67 replies to this topic

#61 Irishfury

Rookie

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

please tell me why then that our one of our planets last night kept getting hit by Kuritas? Seems as though some of ours attacked them as well. HMMMM maybe people not current on the forums? Spread the word if we want this to work. Would prefer myself to push clanners out.

Edited by Irishfury, 14 December 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#62 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Perhaps it's the fact that absolutely no one can control PUGs or random mercenary groups. "Ceasefires" can only be expected to apply to organized units who participate on these boards. PUGs will occasionally take or lose a planet, that's unavoidable. All we're talking about here is keeping our organized units, who can significantly change borders on their own, from making line drives into enemy territory.

#63 Ragnar Bashmek

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChandler, TX

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

I agree with what Malzel said. We need to be organized and focused if we expect to hold the line against the clans. We can't be distracted from pursuing the FRR's best interests by the actions of pugs, pug attacks are just "noise". If the FRR and HK agree not to defend gains made by our respective pugs, the gains will be temporary and not affect the long term situation.

We are a relatively small force and in any case fighting on multiple fronts is a recipe for disaster (i.e. see {Godwin's Law} WW2). Some sort of mutual defense treaty with Kurita is definately in both of our best interests.

Along the same line, we need to pursue a similar non-aggression arrangement with the Lyrans. If we can get that together the three of us will benifit from having a long ( in our case 2) border that requires minimal resources. Then we can focus our efforts on the clanners, our common enemy.

In the long term, when we have "contained" the Clan invasion, these alliances can continue to be of benefit to the FRR as we can support them against HM and HD, possibly in exchange for allowing expansion of the FRR.

The we hate everybody else approach is just suicidal. for the FRR, we need good will from HK and HS if we are to survive and grow.

#64 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostRagnar Bashmek, on 14 December 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

I agree with what Malzel said. We need to be organized and focused if we expect to hold the line against the clans. We can't be distracted from pursuing the FRR's best interests by the actions of pugs, pug attacks are just "noise". If the FRR and HK agree not to defend gains made by our respective pugs, the gains will be temporary and not affect the long term situation.

We are a relatively small force and in any case fighting on multiple fronts is a recipe for disaster (i.e. see {Godwin's Law} WW2). Some sort of mutual defense treaty with Kurita is definately in both of our best interests.

Along the same line, we need to pursue a similar non-aggression arrangement with the Lyrans. If we can get that together the three of us will benifit from having a long ( in our case 2) border that requires minimal resources. Then we can focus our efforts on the clanners, our common enemy.

In the long term, when we have "contained" the Clan invasion, these alliances can continue to be of benefit to the FRR as we can support them against HM and HD, possibly in exchange for allowing expansion of the FRR.

The we hate everybody else approach is just suicidal. for the FRR, we need good will from HK and HS if we are to survive and grow.

You sir, speak my mind.

#65 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

Dont worry about Kurita, things are in the pipes...

Until then, just be space vikings and hit the Bears.

#66 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

I dont care what any of the space debris does just stay away from New Avalon and Terra, thats House Davion territory. Respect your betters and we will let you keep your third rate worlds.

#67 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 14 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

I dont care what any of the space debris does just stay away from New Avalon and Terra, thats House Davion territory. Respect your betters and we will let you keep your third rate worlds.

Actually Terra is not House Davion territory at all. You better check your maps and lore.

#68 jajsamurai

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

FRR fighting a three front war, where one of those fronts is the major thrust of the clan invasion sounds like a good strategy for getting wiped out completely. FRR is in the worst tactical position imaginable. Enemies on all sides and we are right in the path of all the clans. having one border with minimal action will really help. I may be nothing but a pug, but I'm gonna stay away from Draconis Combine territory and fight clanners instead. Everyone else is free to do what they wish of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users