- - - - -

Stupid Question - How Is Match Score Calculated?

16 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi I have been playing for two years now and never decided to ask, but after searching for my answer and getting conflicting information I figure now would be the time to ask.

How is match score calculated? With the search it turned up conflicting information and the current tournament makes it relevant. So please if you know where I can get the information or what the formula is and then have it verified if you will by a dev or some one at PGI would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advanced.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

Match score was recently readjusted, so some of the older thread may be dated.

Overall, match score is a rating of every action you take in a match. Each kill, assist, lance in formation, hit and run, etc action you take adds to this score. The better a performer you are in that match, the better your match score should be.

There may be a thread in the command chair forum, or possibly in the announcement forum, that goes into better detail about each action that now adds to the score.

Is there any particular piece I can be more specific with? I'll try to explain more/better if needed.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

Congratulations!
You found something on which that I, Koniving, have absolutely no idea!
*Sparkily shinies fall from the ceiling!*
YAY!

Seriously though. I don't know. ....does anyone who isn't a dev know? This one might need a Dev answer.
Alternatively, a GM answer. If nothing comes up here, you might consider support@mwomercs.com
And if you do get an answer there, please relay it here.

And ninja'd by someone who at least has some idea. :)

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Sorry, I've got nuthin'. I do not believe the exact metrics behind Match Score have ever been revealed. Presumably some combination of kills, assists, damage, etc. Unclear if it received any changes with Rewards 2.0 or not.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 12 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#5 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, I don't know the formula or actual point amounts, but it's based on normal scoring criteria. The bar to get 80 points is pretty low, really: it's like winning a total of 80 points in 4 regular matches. Doesn't require particularly good play, or even wins.

It used to be heavily biased in favour of damage. Less so now, but damage is still a factor.

In terms of this tournament, as long as you don't rush and die 4 times in a row, it's not too hard to get 80 points overall.

#6 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

After looking through the Command Chair forum, I did not see the thread I was looking for. A quick search also presented nothing of import (though I could have missed something still).

So, baring exacts as I can't find them despite some effort placed into it, consider match score a sum of how well you did for your team. I've seen people with high damage scores with low match scores.

Every action you take adds to this match score in some manner. Sticking with your team to get lance in formation and protected radius help add to this score as much as Damage, kills and assists.

Without any kind of confirmation on what is exactly what, there are some basic actions that grant you a higher match, and more c-bill, rewards.

Protected: If you are with another member of your team, actively engaged in a combat action (shoot and hitting an enemy together), you are considered "protected" or "protecting". All mechs get a protected bonus, but lights and medium mechs can get a "light/medium Protected" by "protecting" a mech that is at least two mech classes above them. (So a light gets an advanced protected by staying near a heavy or assault class mech. A medium would get an advanced protection by hanging near an assault mech and protecting it from other mechs.)

Flank: This is a score you can get by attacking an enemy who isn't directly facing you. Its fairly self explanatory I think.

Hit and Run: This is if you engage/damage an enemy mech, and then manage to disengage and hide from them.

Counter ECM: This is a bonus that applies if you counter ECM for a given length of time in a match. You can counter ECM by using ECM in counter mode, or a BAP that is close enough to an enemy ECM unit.

There are many more actions that you can do that can result in awards. All of these rewards add up to a final end of match score. The higher your score, the more of these "objective actions" you achieved. I wish I could give you more specifics, but sadly I can't find anything more concrete.

(And I ninjaed Knoving! ABOUT SOMETHING HE DIDN'T FULLY KNOW TOO! *Is about to faint*)

#7 Dormax

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

So many founders... so little info. This just goes to show the level of transparency we've become accustomed to.

#8 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

I know the old formula. Karl Berg (I think) gave it to the folks that run the Mark Civil War competitive league. They redesigned it recently, though (recently, as in the last two or three weeks), and as far as I know they haven't announced the new formula publicly.

Edited by DEMAX51, 19 December 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#9 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostDormax, on 19 December 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

So many founders... so little info. This just goes to show the level of transparency we've become accustomed to.

Yeah, because it's totally something we have really needed to know. *eyeroll*

I can confirm it does involve more than just kills, assists and damage. Been watching it and I've had games with exact same kills/assists and the score has varied wildly. As in less than a hundred pts of damage difference, but a 20+ pt difference.

#10 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 19 December 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I know the old formula. Karl Berg (I think) gave it to the folks that run the Mark Civil War competitive league. They redesigned it recently, though (recently, as in the last two or three weeks), and as far as I know they haven't announced the new formula publicly.

Yes yes, go on.....

#11 Rio Sundiver

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Where is the match score found? The announcment said it was on the end of match screen, but I can't find it anywhere.

#12 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostDormax, on 19 December 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

And this goes to show the level of inappropriate, off-topic complaining we've become accustomed to - not only are you off-topic, your complaint is also false-to-fact, since PGI's overhaul of their customer relations policy.

Rio, the match score is one of the columns on the summary screen at the end of the match - the one with a list of all players, their 'mechs, if they're dead or alive, etc.

#13 Rio Sundiver

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Found it, Thnx

#14 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostKevjack, on 19 December 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Yes yes, go on.....

This was the old one:

Win: 10 points
Kills: 1 point
Assists: 1 point
Component Destroyed: 1 point
Spotting Assist: 1 point
Damage: 1 point for every 10 damage
Team Kill: -5 points

But again, they changed it not too long ago.

#15 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

to me, with this current thing going on. it really just seems like damage, assists, kills, and components actually make it add it.

#16 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

This actually is not a stupid question. At all.

View Postclownwarlord, on 12 December 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hi I have been playing for two years now and never decided to ask, but after searching for my answer and getting conflicting information I figure now would be the time to ask.

How is match score calculated? With the search it turned up conflicting information and the current tournament makes it relevant. So please if you know where I can get the information or what the formula is and then have it verified if you will by a dev or some one at PGI would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advanced.

#17 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 December 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Congratulations!
You found something on which that I, Koniving, have absolutely no idea!
*Sparkily shinies fall from the ceiling!*
YAY!

...Never thought I'd live to see the day! :P :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users