I'm Looking To Join A Unit Right Now

5 replies to this topic

#1 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

So community warfare is up and running, and I've had a half dozen solo drops... 5 attacking, 1 defend... defenders always win... awful tactics by attackers always... tired of it...

So I want to join a unit immediately (maybe temporarily, maybe permanently if I'm a fit) to get some better tactics and strategies to play by... pugging in CW is painful, and texting to communicate makes it incredibly difficult...

So any units that I can join immediately, at least for the weekend to play?

About me:
I'm mid 30s male, in Vancouver area... would love to join a Canuck unit, but not a deal breaker...
I play casual, though often... no desire to have practices or be competitive, just have fun with CW and communicate verbally with a team to coordinate...

My current drop deck is:
ECM cicada
Battlemaster LRM boat
Wolvernie
Firestarter

EDIT: Just got an invite to join a unit, but because I only went with a 28 day contract to start, and they have a permanent contract, I couldn't join them... hope not all units out there took permanent contracts?

Edited by Driftwoood, 12 December 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#2 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

You were prevented by the system from joining?

#3 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yes, system prevented because their contract duration (permanent) was longer than mine (28 days)...

EDIT: While I think the above may be the reason, I just reread the error message and it says that MY contract duration is longer than the units, and thats why I was prevented from joining...

Edited by Driftwoood, 13 December 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#4 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

Most House Liao units are hardcore about being Liao.

If you are a true Liaoist, Gatekeepers are always recruiting.

#5 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

More than likely, I will stick with Liao, I just thought I'd go with 28 days in case something extreme happened... like I found there were no Liao units, or there's just not enough Liao player population to defend (let alone expand) our territory...

But now that I've taken the contract, it doesn't look like I can change without penalty, even if I want longer... maybe I'll cancel, if it means faster matches... pugging for a month, waiting 10-30 min for a match is sucking the joy out of this...

Gatekeepers were recommended to me by a German unit, forget the name... you guys west coast?

#6 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

Gatekeepers are worldwide. We have good pilots in a great many timezones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users