Thoughts On Creating An Open Reserve Unit

9 replies to this topic

#1 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

What if we had someone( it could be myself) create a Unit to house freelance/unattached Kurita loyalists and non-permanent contract players operating under the Draconis banner?

The ides is to provide an easy, low to no maintenance, low commitment Unit to facilitate grouping for CW. So no resident TS, members can coordinator on their own servers, no coffer contributions.

The Unit will act as a repository of potential recruits for main line Units. Ideally, such a Unit would foster greater team work and comradary for new comers and unattached combatants under the Draconis banner.

Edited by CocoaJin, 12 December 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#2 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

A neutral House Kurita teamspeak is being setup for Community Warfare and will be attached to the official House Kurita forums: house-kurita.enjin.com

Manavalkyrie has been kind enough to help us setup the enjin site, and the major organized units in House Kurita have donated money to go toward upgrading the site and paying for a teamspeak for Community Warfare organization.

Please be patient, these things are works in progress but will be up soon! In the meanwhile, please check the House Kurita section of Comstar teamspeak as we've been meeting there to discuss faction strategy.

#3 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

View Postpwnface, on 12 December 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

A neutral House Kurita teamspeak is being setup for Community Warfare and will be attached to the official House Kurita forums: house-kurita.enjin.com

Manavalkyrie has been kind enough to help us setup the enjin site, and the major organized units in House Kurita have donated money to go toward upgrading the site and paying for a teamspeak for Community Warfare organization.

Please be patient, these things are works in progress but will be up soon! In the meanwhile, please check the House Kurita section of Comstar teamspeak as we've been meeting there to discuss faction strategy.

Sorry, had to edit the OP, it read the exact opposite of my intentions in some cases...especially regarding TS. The reserve Unit would have no resident TS, so players would have to coordinate their own, which include your above mentioned channels(sorry for the confusion).

This reserve Unit would mainly act as an easy to navigate list of available solo oriented players online with whom to group with as Ad Hoc groups. It's not intended to compete with main line Units or cater to well organized groups...it's more for the lone wolf and unattached players who are looking for quick and easy groupings...a group I assume will be generally under represented(understandably) in terms of resources dedicated to their operations in CW.

I hope this vines across better, I'm in no way looking to step on toes or encroach on what you guys are trying to build as an organized and coordinated force for the Combine.

#4 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:07 PM

The problem with the current iteration of Community Warfare is that we have no way to determine how many people are waiting to attack or defend a specific planet. We are trying to circumvent this system by having a central hub teamspeak that ALL house kurita pilots can group up on to form pseudo groups of 12. This could mean 5 Night's Scorn pilots, 5 9th Sword pilot, 2 guys that aren't interested in joining a unit. Although we can't actually form one group ( due to the unit limitations of CW ), we can all communicate to queue for the same planet which makes getting a match much easier. Additionally, since these groups will presumably already be on teamspeak together, it will be much easier to coordinate strategy and tactics as a cohesive group.

I can appreciate that many players don't want to make the commitment of joining a unit or just prefer not to be in a group. I don't think creating a unit to form ad-hoc groups really solves anything here though. Without knowing how many people are queuing for a particular planet, waiting for CW matches is really just a shot in the dark. The only instance this wouldn't be the case is if you had a group of 12 pilots who like to play solo but are all grouped together and not in comms together, which seems rather silly and backward to me. (maybe its just me though)

If you still are convinced that forming a non-unit unit will be helpful to the community please know that House Kurita is here to support you however we can.

#5 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

View Postpwnface, on 12 December 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

The problem with the current iteration of Community Warfare is that we have no way to determine how many people are waiting to attack or defend a specific planet. We are trying to circumvent this system by having a central hub teamspeak that ALL house kurita pilots can group up on to form pseudo groups of 12. This could mean 5 Night's Scorn pilots, 5 9th Sword pilot, 2 guys that aren't interested in joining a unit. Although we can't actually form one group ( due to the unit limitations of CW ), we can all communicate to queue for the same planet which makes getting a match much easier. Additionally, since these groups will presumably already be on teamspeak together, it will be much easier to coordinate strategy and tactics as a cohesive group.

I can appreciate that many players don't want to make the commitment of joining a unit or just prefer not to be in a group. I don't think creating a unit to form ad-hoc groups really solves anything here though. Without knowing how many people are queuing for a particular planet, waiting for CW matches is really just a shot in the dark. The only instance this wouldn't be the case is if you had a group of 12 pilots who like to play solo but are all grouped together and not in comms together, which seems rather silly and backward to me. (maybe its just me though)

If you still are convinced that forming a non-unit unit will be helpful to the community please know that House Kurita is here to support you however we can.

Thanks, I'll continue to mull over it and see if it's worthwhile.

#6 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Well there are really casual units, but the problem is that they are so casual that the leaders who can invite/approve new people aren't typically on which can be frustrating because most people are, I wanted to join yesterday etc. There are semi casual groups that are pretty active. I would suggest just joining a group from the recruitment thread. There are bound to be units that don't have many members or resources that would welcome anyone willing to wear their tag.

#7 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

Hmm, I hadn't considered the need to authorize join requests. That being said, I have lots of free time to deal with join requests, provided I can do it from the MWO website.

#8 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

Official House Kurita Community Warfare teamspeak is now ONLINE!!

House-Kurita.enjinvoice.com

#9 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View Postpwnface, on 13 December 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

Official House Kurita Community Warfare teamspeak is now ONLINE!!

House-Kurita.enjinvoice.com

Thanks a lot for this!

#10 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

This is why the LLAO unit exists. :mellow:
Join and leave when you want and no politics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users