#41 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostSickerthanSars, on 30 December 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

I think too many FRR people are thin skinned, take things way to seriously.

I wonder why that might be. Maybe because we are outnumbered from the start, ganged up by now three factions?
Or is it because we european units fight our asses of to gain some ground just to see it snatched away from us while we have to sleep because of the ******* ceasefire times?
I don´t need you Wolf guys comming over here and give it to us as if you where the kings of everything. But let me tell you one thing, my unit has yet to be beaten by you wolf guys, let it be a pug or a unit we go against, we WIN our battles. Just to lose everything we gain because we can´t stay up until 4 am to defend it.
Yeah, maybe I´m a bit frustrated about that, but I don´t go to your forum section to rub it under your nose that each and every drop the Blue Vengeance did against Clan Wolf we won.

#42 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

Numbers don't mean everything. Sometimes all you need is a few good men.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Thanks to all who participated!!!
Posted Image

Edited by Polarphox, 04 January 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#44 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I for myself enjoy the irony that its a steiner world we liberated from the invaders.

#45 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Had some good fights for Liezen tonight. Another world brought back into the Republic.

Posted Image

#46 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

Other Factions clump together and fight without unity or purpose. But the FRR seek out our HUB of Resistance and despite being strangers, find common ground in our dedication to our Homeworlds.

By Thor's Thunder, Tyr's Trust and Odin's Intrigue we fight day and night to hold back the clan-hordes. Rally now FRR, tell your saga, share your songs, drink your mead and gear up for another day of brutal war.

They thought we were defeated.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 15 February 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#47 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Today saw one of the biggest FRR operations in recent weeks, with the support of the Draconis Combine and the Free Worlds League on different fronts. It made me extremely happy seeing the might of both houses, the mercenaries who have come to our aid and our loyalists working together towards a common goal. Though the casaulties were high and we celebrate our victory at Diosd with mourning for the fallen as well as the loss of two planets, these efforts have been bringing much needed hope to the FRR. Recognition must also be given to those unknown heroes who also emerged for the first time on the frontlines today and were willing to do what they can to support us.

You all know who you are. Well done today to all who fought at Diosd, Thun, Nox and Galuzzo. The Republic salutes you and raises its horns of Mead in your honor.

#48 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Wherefore hath our heroes gone.

Posted Image

The Dropship rattled as a spray of starlight danced against its rusted hull.

The five Isengrim pilots sat stoically in the recesses of their dilapidated 'mechs. Ruin and desperation gnawed at them as surely as the clan invasion gnawed at the FRR. Life on the front lines in the KungsArme had exacted a grim toll on all of its stalwart defenders.

The Dropship lurched again and Mech The Dane checked his cracked display screen. The planetary distress transponder had gone dark hours before, likely a result of the clans savaging the Inner Sphere equipment upon their conquest.

He checked for friendlies and saw 7 other Mechwarriors had responded to the beacon. Their own dropships glowed bright against the atmosphere of the contested world. A rag tag group of mostly lone wolves, the Isengrim and DFA would have to take up the mantle of leadership for this desperate operation.

Data feeds trickled into the display from the local resistance network. A battalion of fresh Clan mechs, all part of the single organized unit stood as momentary masters of this world. His computer crunched the numbers and displayed this missions chances of success; very low.

Mech The Dane cursed beneath his breath. They were walking into a death trap. As the Isengrim dropship buckled against the first terse threads of atmosphere he knew it was too late to turn around. The drop coordinates already input, he leaned back and prepared for planet fall.

As the night waned and the familiar constellations of the FRR slid beyond the dim horizon, the exhausted strangers mounted their counter attack. While their chances were feeble, and their mechs frail, their hearts soared.

The Isengrim pilots battled alongside their Jarl with practiced intensity. At one point the Iron-Thegn Cruzholzer was overwhelmed with berserker rage and brought low an entire Clan Star.

The pilots of DFA fought with a mad and desperate hope, stepping brazenly into the crossfire to blunt attacks and lead charges. Eisenstrum took up part of the mantle of command and helped lead the makeshift drop.

The battle raged well into the morning. The KungsArme Forces having made great strides and a solid showing, were running out of time. Their final push as a 12 man had done considerable damage, but had stopped short of securing victory. With two minutes left in their operational window, the handful of survivors made a desperate stand against the Clan force.

Down four kills, the remaining mechs pressed the front lines with reckless abandon. The first mech to arrive, The Crazy Steve, tossed himself heedlessly into the fray. Surrounded by enemies he danced between them fighting with the calm precision of the doomed. LRM fire from a distant friendly Atlas landed all around him. Eisenstrum's and Mech The Dane's hunchbacks caught up to him just as Crazy's assailants lay dead and defeated. Crazy's own heavy mech was severely damaged, yet he lumbered onwards towards the enemy line.

Mech The Dane and Eisenstrum then took up point. Their own swift medium mechs pushing deep into the Clanner base. Ignoring all risk to themselves they brought low clan mech after clan mech. The surviving clansmen had no response for this last ditch onslaught. For one bright second it appeared as if victory would actually be within reach. That the forces of the FRR would prevail. That the Counter Attack was a success. That the deaths of their friends and countrymen were not in vain. That hope yet lived.

But that glimmering moment gave way to grim reality. The timer ran out. The operation window had closed. The FRR Jumpship that brought these heroes to this system prepped its engines and started calibrating targets for its next jump.

Despite their heroics, despite their sacrifices, despite their tenacity - they had failed. The shattered remnants of this KungsArme detachment limped off the field, the Clan 'mechs too badly damaged to offer up any pursuit.

Together this band of Vikings had accomplished more than anyone expected. Their missing friends proud einherjar, feasting at Odin's bench. But it didn't matter, the world was lost. Countless millions of loyal Rasalhague citizens forced beneath the Clan yoke.

Dry snow fluttered as twilight fell on the cold barren outskirts of Boreal Vault. Mech The Dane watched somberly as the old familiar constellations rose once more from the dusky horizon. These stars were named and their patterns imagined as scenes from ancient Norse myths. Bloody affairs of forgotten gods and heroic dragon-slayers.

But to Mech The Dane, fantasy battles and heroes gave way to real ones. White stars glittered where friends had died. Blue stars hinted at battles lost, and red stars proudly broadcast the color of his people's blood. The constellations had become a tapestry of despair.

His damaged display screen flickered as he checked to make sure Eisenstrum was still following him in his own battered mech. Survivors, failures, beaten, but not yet defeated. They would find their way back to the KungsArme. They would live to fight another day.

For what is tragedy without a witness?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 18 February 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#49 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

Up against an -MS- group:

Up against a CI group:
Posted Image

Edited by Krivvan, 18 February 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#50 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

Posted Image

#51 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostDungeon Keeper, on 19 February 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

Now thats what I call a roflstomp

#52 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Oh man, hearing about last night's success, I wish I had the chance to be there. I'll see you guys online tonight fo sho!

#53 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

Great night for the FRR.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostMalzel, on 04 January 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Numbers don't mean everything. Sometimes all you need is a few good men.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As a CJF Taccom officer...

Who the hell is RWR?! Another bloody unit to track down.

#55 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

Royal Wub Rangers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users