40 replies to this topic

#1 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

I see much discussion about Kurita and seems some mercenaries have taken advantage of Steiners commitment to its clan border... but periphery is falling to "Clan Ghost Bear", we need to focus stopping them here.

Is this willingness to engage fear to engage or are mercenary retainer units simply AGAIN using clauses in their contracts to take their fight where it is is easier?
Look like we will have a grand battle at Rasalhague unless CGB push isn't stopped. And if this continues, Rasalhague may well fall.

Are some units committed to Clan front, or simply taking the easier targets?

#2 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

I believe all FRR units are focusing on the Clans.

#3 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

Spend more time on the front lines and you might run into my boys fighting the Clanners. We just drop more than we post.

Leoben was a tough loss, but the MercStar Alliance is a tough opponent. We'll adapt.

#4 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:10 AM

Sorry guys I tried to help out on Leoben. This clan threat is something that will cause the whole IS problems if left unchecked.

Good luck on the field, mechwarriors.

#5 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

Been defending Kurita worlds against the FRR onslaught. So some units are trying to expand FRR borders in the innersphere.

#6 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

Our mercenary unit is doing everything we can to help stop those Clan Psychos. We didn't take the contract with FRR because it's easy money, or because of any loyalty to the FRR. We are here because the FRR is facing the brunt of the attack and we feel it is our duty as residents of the Inner Sphere to defend it.

That said, we are having a hard time coordinating with the FRR military. Just catching a ride to the front lines is sometimes impossible...

#7 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostMalzel, on 13 December 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Spend more time on the front lines and you might run into my boys fighting the Clanners. We just drop more than we post.

Leoben was a tough loss, but the MercStar Alliance is a tough opponent. We'll adapt.

Well, have been on front lines as much as I had time... that CGB push looks to be doing well and fear that some like the easier IS opponents. Perhaps I gotta put my money were my mouth is and find a unit instead of pugging it.

#8 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

We (The SoR) have been balancing our play between IS skirmishes and ATTACKS especially on the clan planets. Defense is also important but keeping them on their toes on defense will also be important.

some mercenaries have taken advantage of Steiners commitment to its clan border

Oh hoho you so sneaky. I think we fought for that planet 3 times total, they fought the first time and gave up after we beat them once. A Vast majority of our action was vs clanners yesterday.

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 13 December 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Well, have been on front lines as much as I had time... that CGB push looks to be doing well and fear that some like the easier IS opponents. Perhaps I gotta put my money were my mouth is and find a unit instead of pugging it.

Being in a unit helps a lot with both finding a drop and doing better in drops. I had a 3 man help carry a mostly pug match. Even a little coordination goes a long way. (This was vs clans :P )

Edited by Cerlin, 13 December 2014 - 07:39 AM.

#9 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

I cannot speak for the rest of the Federated Suns but I will be joining in the defense of the FRR.

-ST

#10 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 13 December 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

I cannot speak for the rest of the Federated Suns but I will be joining in the defense of the FRR.

-ST

Thank you sir! I have seen more Davion men in steiner than steiner men. Glad for the help on any part of the front.

#11 Cantatta

• PipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

Comstar Irregulars (CI) are fighting hard for FRR against the clans, with some success, We fought our units against CGB at Loeben, which was indeed a tough loss. We fought units against CW at Verthandi, even attacking at New Caledonia to try and keep them off balance.

12-man groups on comms definitely have an easier time of it, both attacking and defending. It's hard to herd cats (read pugs).

#12 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Gotta be alot of focus on the bears, I barely get into a match but I always try to focus on helping against CGB.

Also. Is it set in stone that the FRR will lose a ton of territory as in the lore, or can we really change the timeline for the better of FRR?

I might be a pug, but I follow orders from you organized comm group, just give em out at beginning of battle.

Edited by Tordin, 13 December 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#13 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Well, I've queuing for Clan front defences / attacks. Haven't seen any bigger units (You guys might be flying 12 mens, sure) but we've been doing alright with pug pool, win ratio being on our side. Rasalhague warriors obviously being top notch :) and nothing is set in stone.
Clan mech win %s haven't been there at the quoted numbers from clan vs is tests... going to be interesting to see though.

Though for me the 10 wins seems a little light, at east it should be bigger number for major planes, like Rasalhague... which should take longer to turn. To get a more epic fight out of it.

And I'll just give you mercs IC **** ;) 'cause, Ronin wars

#14 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

I believe it goes without saying that PUG fighters should stick to defensive maneuvers, while grouped units should attack. It's far easier to type and coordinate a defense than an offense.

Not to say that if you're in your 3 or 6 man you should stick to defense only and leave the attacks to the 12 mans. Just if you're soloing.

#15 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 13 December 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I believe it goes without saying that PUG fighters should stick to defensive maneuvers, while grouped units should attack. It's far easier to type and coordinate a defense than an offense.

Not to say that if you're in your 3 or 6 man you should stick to defense only and leave the attacks to the 12 mans. Just if you're soloing.

Agree 100%! A bit frustrating when we have been working Susquehanna to 7 wins, attacks again and wins, and see that we are back to 4 wins, no actually now down to 3 wins when we are launching again.

#16 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:05 AM

Just to make sure we're all on the same page; Rasalhague can not fall. CW doesn't allow capitals to be capped.

#17 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Been on the Clan front since the start of the war and my experience is that FRR pugs (solo or small group gatherings) are doing quite well at least when facing anything else than a readymade 12 from the Clans.

#18 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 14 December 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Been on the Clan front since the start of the war and my experience is that FRR pugs (solo or small group gatherings) are doing quite well at least when facing anything else than a readymade 12 from the Clans.

Not so much on attacks and counterattacks. I can probably name four or five people that completely lost faith in the fight. One team killed two of our own for what he believed to be desertion in the face of the enemy. Another tried to insight us all to eject and give them the match. A final one kept saying we shouldn't attack, that we should stay out of the enemy base. A sad state of affairs when dropping to attack a clan position in a pug.

#19 Soldryn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

The RageQuit mercenary corp. [QQ] has been doing everything we can to earn those bonus clauses in our 14 day contract with the Republic. Clan or IS, attack or defense, 12 man or PuG, we've smashed everything we've come across. We will continue to intervene wherever republican regiments need bolstering until either our contract is up, or the money runs out.

#20 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 13 December 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

I see much discussion about Kurita and seems some mercenaries have taken advantage of Steiners commitment to its clan border... but periphery is falling to "Clan Ghost Bear", we need to focus stopping them here.

Is this willingness to engage fear to engage or are mercenary retainer units simply AGAIN using clauses in their contracts to take their fight where it is is easier?
Look like we will have a grand battle at Rasalhague unless CGB push isn't stopped. And if this continues, Rasalhague may well fall.

Are some units committed to Clan front, or simply taking the easier targets?

you cant stop us
you dont have the numbers or skill in FRR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users