Why Steiner Will Never Rule (In Mwo)

51 replies to this topic

#1 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

we lost 5 planets today/tonight and trust me this will (continue and here is why)

combine the way the system of attacking and defending works and the fact that most steiner players are from europe and u will see that we cant win a real fight over a planet.

the attack phase ends in the later morning hours in europe (not sure but i think 11am CET)
that means no mater how much u push a planet in european prime time lets say 21:00-01:00. u cant take it over cause the max of 10wins will be all lost while we all sleep

the amaerican players on the other side take planets much more easy cause attack phase ends in the night after they all played, making our wins almost meaningless

tell me ur thoughts

Edited by Tarmok II, 13 December 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#2 Toisich

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:32 AM

First of all, I'd ask you to state your source that most Steiners are european. I'm not. I've met plenty of other north american Steiners. In fact, every Steiner I've played with in TS has at the very least spoken perfect english, with no accent, so while I didn't ask all of them their nationality I don't think they were european. This is a very small sample size, and doesn't really sway the arguement one way or another, but simply stating that most Steiners are european without a source doesn't either.

Second, you forget that technically Steiner and Davion are allies. While they CAN attack eachother in this game, I believe those who are cannon purists will avoid such activities. Davion players are probably more likely to queue up on the Steiner clan border than the Drac or FRR clan border.

Edited by Toisich, 13 December 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#3 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

Would love to see some more Davions on the Sommerset front.

#4 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostToisich, on 13 December 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

First of all, I'd ask you to state your source that most Steiners are european. I'm not. I've met plenty of other north american Steiners. In fact, every Steiner I've played with in TS has at the very least spoken perfect english, with no accent, so while I didn't ask all of them their nationality I don't think they were european. This is a very small sample size, and doesn't really sway the arguement one way or another, but simply stating that most Steiners are european without a source doesn't either.

Second, you forget that technically Steiner and Davion are allies. While they CAN attack eachother in this game, I believe those who are cannon purists will avoid such activities. Davion players are probably more likely to queue up on the Steiner clan border than the Drac or FRR clan border.

ok have too admit i cant rly state the first one

for the second one i know we are "techniclly" allied even more than ALL IS factions are against clanns but thats just theory and it did not stop Davions from already taking one of our planets after only 1-2 days

#5 Kosmaj

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

Well for the fact 30 to 40 players from 350 active mechwarriors in SROT are european, and we put hell of a fight to defend the planets, so when i went to the game and saw that we lost 5 planets I thought that there must be something going wrong in north America with Lyran Commonwealth
I admit that only when defending we were able to win against clans , and that they need some weight restriction because 1 player taking 3 timberwolfs and 1 kit fox drop deck is pretty sick

#6 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostKosmaj, on 13 December 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Well for the fact 30 to 40 players from 350 active mechwarriors in SROT are european, and we put hell of a fight to defend the planets, so when i went to the game and saw that we lost 5 planets I thought that there must be something going wrong in north America with Lyran Commonwealth
I admit that only when defending we were able to win against clans , and that they need some weight restriction because 1 player taking 3 timberwolfs and 1 kit fox drop deck is pretty sick

we got 140 active germans in the 12th donegals ;) 6 companies filled with 16 people.
+ steiner got a middle european background lore-wise i guess many europeans are either Steiner or Davion.

#7 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostAliisa White, on 13 December 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

we got 140 active germans in the 12th donegals ;) 6 companies filled with 16 people.
+ steiner got a middle european background lore-wise i guess many europeans are either Steiner or Davion.

and we have another ~80 players here in the Tamar-Jägers

#8 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Na Man, North Merican Steiner are to busy helping FRR defend

#9 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

This thread should be in the daily whine! most steiners are not europeans! this is a fallacy. CW is brand spanking new. some people are still trying it out.
Lets man up and get those planets back not sit in the forums and cry about it like low-birth capellan servitors!

Edited by Misfir3, 13 December 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#10 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

On a more constructive note, if we could see the number of people in the queue on each planet we would know where to go to quickly fill a match and set up a defense.

Edited by Misfir3, 13 December 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#11 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

You have and . There are merc corps. This is a solvable problem. ;)

#12 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

The real question is, how do we attack successfully vs clans on the snow map? I got nothing besides the 12 light mech erg rush and that is not viable all the time because of the randomness of what we have on a given team.

How do you push through the gates vs superior range? I keep seeing the enmy set up on the ridge that they can shoot both gates from and just tear us up as we come in. You can stop and shoot them and if you are good get a stalemate, but that doesn't win.

Someone please give up a winning strategy and dropdeck to do it with.

#13 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 13 December 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

we lost 5 planets today/tonight and trust me this will (continue and here is why)

combine the way the system of attacking and defending works and the fact that most steiner players are from europe and u will see that we cant win a real fight over a planet.

the attack phase ends in the later morning hours in europe (not sure but i think 11am CET)
that means no mater how much u push a planet in european prime time lets say 21:00-01:00. u cant take it over cause the max of 10wins will be all lost while we all sleep

the amaerican players on the other side take planets much more easy cause attack phase ends in the night after they all played, making our wins almost meaningless

tell me ur thoughts

We had 2 12 mans winning games all day long yesterday, and we were only managing to keep the attack/defend score just about even on the planet/s we were on.

The problem is not steiner numbers, the problem is that the faction is filled with scrubs who cant play, giving away free wins to the enemy.

Edited by NextGame, 14 December 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#14 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

The problem is not steiner numbers, the problem is that the faction is filled with scrubs who cant play, giving away free wins to the enemy.

But some of us scrubs want to and like to participate.

Edited by FatManBlue, 14 December 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#15 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:39 AM

AND again 3 planets gone

OK if the steiner playerbase in the america is that large why did we again lose so many planets after europen prime time ended??? when i went to bed around 1am we had all planets fully defended and all attacks fully pushed (ok exepte for the JF border) and now 9h later only 1 planet is taken and 3 are lost.

are there even american steiner players playing in CW? or are they just that bad??

Edited by Tarmok II, 14 December 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#16 Kosmaj

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 14 December 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

AND again 3 planets gone

OK if the steiner playerbase in the america is that large why did we again lose so many planets after europen prime time ended??? when i went to bed around 1am we had all planets fully defended and all attacks fully pushed (ok exepte for the JF border) and now 9h later only 1 planet is taken and 3 are lost.

are there even american steiner players playing in CW? or are they just that bad??

agree, as the 25th Mechanized Hussars from SRoT we pushed away enemy attacks from Jade falcon clan border, we won counterattack, with no zerg-rush tactic, and fought hard on graham. When we where going to bed, those two worlds were secured.

#17 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

Whats the way to attack clans? We're able to whup on Kurita pretty effectively but attacks are not going well vs clan wolf. Any advice would be appreciated.

#18 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 14 December 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

Whats the way to attack clans? We're able to whup on Kurita pretty effectively but attacks are not going well vs clan wolf. Any advice would be appreciated.

We have to defeat [Lords]. Clans are too good so we shouldn't fight them? Wrong attitude, never surrender!

#19 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

I'm asking for a better tactic. Currently stumped on beating competent clanners as attacker on boreal. The main problem we encounter is that they can shoot over both gates from the hill in the middle and they are out of our range so we're mostly jacked up by the time we get to the gates.

#20 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

Ok, then this was my fault as a non-native english-speaker, my apologies.

When the Clanners outrange us, we could stick up around the orbital canon. Like Terra Therma: "Let them come in and then smash them to hell."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users