#21 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostArtur Valour, on 15 December 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Saw this in a Marik thread.... I think it is a great idea to show the changing map visually like this... of course the details of which worlds are lost or gained is important too... but this shows the front(s) changing over time... which can be indicative of a big push or major threat...

original thread: http://mwomercs.com/...nt/page__st__20

Posted Image

Hold the line against the Tyrannical Davions!
We need you to give them enough hell to reclaim our planets.
Come talk to us if you need help with your test tube baby problem.

#22 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 14 December 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Don't worry then we are employed for only 4 more days, afterwards you can handle that defence yourself then. I'm sure other factions would love our "non-superior" 100+ unit. I'm sure AW there will vouch for us.

i had the pleasure to drop with you guys every now and than in the tripoli and paris front and i d like to thank you for your success.
i know for sure that without your unit we would have lost 2-3 more worlds.

there are about 2 times as much davions and 2 times as much steiner pilots in organiced units than we have in kurita, without the help of mercs we would have crumbled already on All FRONTS
than some ppl who have no idear of whats going on suggests to focus on frr.....
guys, the coordinator formaly allows you to comit sepukku.. thats all to say about your suggestions.

we are fighting a uphill battle, with the current game mechanics we will lose just due to the numbers of players stacked against us.
if davion and steiner and the clans muster 20 attack teams at any given time and we can muster only 10 we will lose 10 sectors ( nearly a full planet) every 45 minutes because of the autowin mechanic that kicks in if someone attacks and noone is there to defend. hell the the 2 biggest davion units, headhunters of davion and the robinson rangers, have more pilots combined than ALL organiced kurita units. we will lose planet after planet no matter how good or bad we are.

yesterday my unit had a 12 man team active and we played about 8 matches straight and won 6 . all dedicated to attack/retake paris. effect? zero because the davies launched double as much defenses/counterattacks so the planet simply stayed at attacker gained 6 all day. as long as our pilots complain how unconvieniet the waiting times are instead of grouping up and actualy fight we wont have the smallest chance. there are no waiting times if you are 12 !!!!!
as long as

#23 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

Ehyea. The 3rd Takata Lancers were racking up the wins all weekend on Tripoli and Paris, but Davion just had so many more pilots that we lost ground overall. :x I had a few empty drops here and there, but for the most part I had constant opponents to play against.

#24 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

One of the advantages to being Kurita, no shortage of enemies to take on!

#25 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

Well, even if you don't have the raw numbers in house units, Mercs like us are bolstering your lines. Me and the rest of the Eridni Light Pony are actively fighting on Ardoz and Setubal. While we're making gains on Setubal and hope to capture it tonight, Ardoz has ground to a stalemate between us and the ComStar Irregulars, with us not having the volume to press Setubal while still maintaining victories on Ardoz. We're hoping to transfer to fight on the Davion front at some point, but CI seems keen on pushing into the Combine, so we're stuck battling them for the time being. Hopefully I can convince the corp leadership to sign on for longer with the Combine.

Also shoutout to the 228th for great work, even if our one drop with ya had no enemies.

Edited by Mattiator, 15 December 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#26 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hah! Excellent. Have to love the Ponies. Thanks for the help, and tell your merc friends - fight for Kurita, we have plenty of targets. :D

#27 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

While we lost 4 planets on DAY 5, we managed to defend all our planets yesterday and take Benet II from Davion :

Day 5
Won Lambrecht from Steiner
Lost Jarrett to Ghost Bear
Lost Almunge to Smoke Jaguar
Lost Marduk to Davion
Lost Ardoz to FRR

Day 6
Won Benet III from Davion

Edited by SgtKinCaiD, 17 December 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#28 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

We don't want to attack Clans, it seems, just defend against them. Almost all of our efforts seem to be concentrated on holding back the Davions.

We have a ceasefire with the FRR, meaning that all worlds gained/lost are due to pug groups.

And yeah, I rarely see us dropping in 12 man or even 4man groups. It seems that a lot of us would still rather just drop in general matches.

#29 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

Ice Trey, watch the House Kurita site for some updates as to unit focuses. And sorry for missing you this weekend, real life bit me in the posterior.

#30 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostTalono, on 15 December 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Just confirms, that we have to take out the FRR first.

No one really needs them and nobody will miss them.

We are the Poland/Belgium of WW2

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Are you guys really taking it on 4 fronts now?

o7.

Don't get me wrong. We're going to paint your map yellow and all, but...

damn. That's a tough row to hoe.

#32 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Are you guys really taking it on 4 fronts now?

o7.

Don't get me wrong. We're going to paint your map yellow and all, but...

damn. That's a tough row to hoe.

We always have been. Our population is 4th after lone wolves, steiner, and davion so we're always in danger of losing regardless of our individual performances on the west and southern fronts because we don't have the numbers to match. Like Steiner/Rasalhague, our clan defenses are open to anyone IS which can sometimes give us a numbers advantage, but also means (as I'm sure some Steiners and Rasalhague have grumbled from time to time) that it's a #1 destination for people who don't really care about CW and want to just play invasion mode.

That isn't meant to be a big all 'woe is kurita' post, its just the reality of CW at release. I think it's really important that people try to avoid letting themselves get too involved with the map in this iteration of it, because there are too many balance problems with it I think to make it an accurate representation of how we're all playing. I'm sure it's just as frustrating if you've been a Davion loyalist since day 1 to get ribbed with 'you guys only win because you zerg' regardless of how well y'all or your individual units are playing too.

#33 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostSocop, on 21 December 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

We always have been. Our population is 4th after lone wolves, steiner, and davion so we're always in danger of losing regardless of our individual performances on the west and southern fronts because we don't have the numbers to match. Like Steiner/Rasalhague, our clan defenses are open to anyone IS which can sometimes give us a numbers advantage, but also means (as I'm sure some Steiners and Rasalhague have grumbled from time to time) that it's a #1 destination for people who don't really care about CW and want to just play invasion mode.

That isn't meant to be a big all 'woe is kurita' post, its just the reality of CW at release. I think it's really important that people try to avoid letting themselves get too involved with the map in this iteration of it, because there are too many balance problems with it I think to make it an accurate representation of how we're all playing. I'm sure it's just as frustrating if you've been a Davion loyalist since day 1 to get ribbed with 'you guys only win because you zerg' regardless of how well y'all or your individual units are playing too.

Focuses change. At some point Kurita will likely manage to close a few borders. Ironically Marik or Liao managing a ceasefire or two will free up people willing to home help. You're likely not seeing a lot of Davions or Steiners on your northern edge. Without allies and pugs filling your defense queues it's probably next to impossible to mount a counter-offensive, leaving your enemies free to push without restraint.

Sooner or later though it'll likely swing the other way. For now though, 07. You'll need all the luck you can get.

#34 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Focuses change. At some point Kurita will likely manage to close a few borders. Ironically Marik or Liao managing a ceasefire or two will free up people willing to home help. You're likely not seeing a lot of Davions or Steiners on your northern edge. Without allies and pugs filling your defense queues it's probably next to impossible to mount a counter-offensive, leaving your enemies free to push without restraint.

Sooner or later though it'll likely swing the other way. For now though, 07. You'll need all the luck you can get.

Anecdotally, all I usually see *are* steiner and davion pugs dropping on kurita defense

#35 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostSocop, on 21 December 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Anecdotally, all I usually see *are* steiner and davion pugs dropping on kurita defense

Maybe sometimes :unsure:

NO WITNESSES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users