Faction Point Penalty For Taking Contract?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Don't know if this has been posted or not?

But yesterday, one of the few CW matches I was able to drop in, was an attack against a Davion border planet. I took the contract to attack the Davion forces, which I did. The battle was glorious, and we won. I got my "congratulatory" screen (or whatever you call it), and then proceeded to notice that in my faction loyalty point earnings...

I had a penalty assessed to me for each Davion mech I killed (8).....?!

Wut?

I can see it in a different circumstance, say I drop with pro-Davion forces against maybe a Clan invasion, and I accidentally team kill a Davion...

But, this was Liao forces, invading a Davion world... and I'm penalized for destroying Davion forces?? How else are we supposed to take the planet?

Shouldn't the penalty be suspended in these cases?

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

You have to remember that while you are earning points in your current primary faction, you're also LOSING points in the factions that oppose you (capped at having 0 points).

#3 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Yes, I'm well aware of that. But that is not what happened. I lost Liao loyalty points for killing Davion mechs, under a Liao contract to take a Davion planet. And I am a Liao loyalist, so all my other faction points are at zero.

#4 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 14 December 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Yes, I'm well aware of that. But that is not what happened. I lost Liao loyalty points for killing Davion mechs, under a Liao contract to take a Davion planet. And I am a Liao loyalist, so all my other faction points are at zero.

Did you accidentally teamkill anyone? Because that will cost you faction points.

#5 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Nope. No team kill. And the match I just left, was same. Liao contract to take a Davion planet. I only had one kill this time, and I got dinged for it as a penalty in my loyalty point break down.

Something isn't right there. This was a contract to TAKE a Davion planet. Of course we're gonna kill Davion mechs... ??

#6 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

I think you might have misread your screen. You can only fight for Liao against Davian by taking a Liao contract, which will assess negative points to your Davion rating, not Liao. While it does stop at 0, based on my battles I should be super negative for Liao myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users