#21 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Kurita got a new front opened, so did Marik (Ghost Bear and Steiner respectively) and thus had to divert units from the Davion lines. 228 has effectively shut down the Steiner/Clans (Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf both) borders and the FRR units are going on the offensive, reducing the demand for Davion units on the Clan border (not counting Kurtia who, lets be honest, we're happy to eat popcorn and watch get owned). This, in turn, freed up Davion units to turn to Liao. It's not that your people are not showing up - they are and seem to be fighting well. At this point though we've got a ton of units and a ton of orgs who have been busy sharing tactics, builds and approaches - which in turn makes us more effective with each other even when pugging. Nearly all of us have a ton of experience fighting on 3 IS fronts and 2 Clan fronts plus unofficial cross-training with some incredibly good units, bringing our average performance up.

You know, you'd probably make more headway against Marik. You could ignore offense on Davion, stack defense and send like 3 drunken goat herders up to Mariks otherwise empty border, kick over the cardboard cutouts they have standing in for 'soldiers' on their remaining borders and snap up lands further west. We've got other fish to fry; look at the queues. We tend to stack defense first, when it fills up go offense against whoever is attacking. After that we look after Steiner border soft spots, then FRR. Rolling into Liao space isn't as big a priority for us. What's Kurita going to do; send you nasty letters? They're losing 4 worlds a day. The red part of the map is starting to look like a childs birthday cake it's got so many deep slices missing. They are not helping you. Marik is running out of options - they're sacrificing worlds just for the hope of winning an offensive to give them some moral support.

Good luck though. When Marik has finally had enough from the two big neighbors on the borders and sues for peace (and they will, eventually. Their losses are nothing like sustainable) they're going to want to expand somewhere sooner or later. Why not kick that dog while it's down?

First, you get back all our worlds. Then, we can negotiate. Also, Liao dislikes Davion. I think we can make an alliance with anyone to kick some FedRats outa IS. Even with Clans and Word of Blake.

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

View PostOrkdung, on 21 December 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

You bore me. Get me a coffee.

Good plan. I'll swing by my favorite little coffee shop on Liao. You know, in Davion space. There's a very cute, very amenable girl there, works right next to the Davion barracks. I'll pick you some up and deliver it to whatever Liao world is next on the list.

Or did you want something from St. Ives?

#23 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

davion put up over 100+ numbers to Liao's 50ish tonite

we get it you are better at queing for turrets, I just cannot wait for TCAF's time to shine when the ceasefire shifts

#24 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 December 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

\
Or did you want something from St. Ives?

Sian, the lil place around the corner from the "Měilì de shānquè" brothel.

You're gaping. close it.

Edited by Orkdung, 21 December 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#25 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

More than anything, it's a numbers game right now, which is frustrating as hell. The "Good guy"/Stackpole/W.A.S.P" bias means Davion will almost always have the numbers, which means turret zerg, which means net planet gain. Liao have better pilots on average, but it means nothing when your good pilot is defending 1 zone while 500 guys are grinding turret zones on the other side cuz 'muerica.

My own observations would also point out that TCAF really needs to get it's tactics ironed out. Their first wave light rushes simply don't work.

#26 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

You know, you'd probably make more headway against Marik.

The second an easy corridor opened up, we'd be getting strap-on love from both ends courtesy of being attacked by two of the largest factions in the game (Steiner and Davion, who at this point should be one faction anyway).

Same reason the FRR was formed. It gave Kurita a buffer state so it didn't become the filling in a Steiner-Davion sandwich. Hell, we knew that was stupid twenty years ago and that was 3025-era factions.

#27 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Getting rekt. This is not the first day I see this happening.

Posted Image

#28 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

It's frustrating, but without numbers, what can we do? You can only fight and win so often. And currently we suffer both from being on the wrong side of the numbers game and being on the wrong side of the W.A.S.P bias

#29 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

The Davions still managed to hit every IS faction they border during the Christmas Ceasefire, I suggest reducing those attacks to 0, and watching for more to come. They even hit Steiner again. As for me after I get done getting my x2 done on my mechs I plan on defending Kurita space, and when enough Mariks get on reducing the attacks that were against us to 0. Once again we were only attacked by the Davions.

#30 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 21 December 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

davion put up over 100+ numbers to Liao's 50ish tonite

we get it you are better at queing for turrets, I just cannot wait for TCAF's time to shine when the ceasefire shifts

Do you really not know how the queue works?

60 attackers for 30 defenders means that each attacker is waiting 20+ minutes and then getting a real fight. There are no turret drops as long as there are defenders on the planet. Russ even tweeted about it.

https://twitter.com/...121833934213120

I'm sorry, but blaming auto-wins has very little basis in reality. The reality is that on average the Davion groups win more than the Liao groups do, and we wait a very long time for the chance to do it. Your own individual experience represents a statistically insignificant sample size.

Blaming auto-wins is like saying that an election is rigged because everyone you hang out with voted for the losing candidate.

#31 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostNoaceik, on 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

The Davions still managed to hit every IS faction they border during the Christmas Ceasefire, I suggest reducing those attacks to 0, and watching for more to come. They even hit Steiner again. As for me after I get done getting my x2 done on my mechs I plan on defending Kurita space, and when enough Mariks get on reducing the attacks that were against us to 0. Once again we were only attacked by the Davions.

Posted Image
Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4041325

You wanna try not lying, Marik pigdog?

0 attackers on all of our attack queues. Attacks coming in from Liao. Attacks came in previously from Kurita. Steiner had a merc unit go rogue and attack us (which has since been resolved).

These are all easily verifiable. If you're going to lie, at least lie well.

Edited by StillRadioactive, 24 December 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#32 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 23 December 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

It's frustrating, but without numbers, what can we do? You can only fight and win so often. And currently we suffer both from being on the wrong side of the numbers game and being on the wrong side of the W.A.S.P bias

What is the W.A.S.P. bias?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

#33 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 25 December 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

What is the W.A.S.P. bias?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

It's the theory that Davion is benefiting from its cultural identity as being primarily of European heritage. The W.A.S.P. bias theory doesn't explain the relative popularity of Kurita as compared to Marik (also identified as being white) or the disparity between populations within the clans (who all share the same pan-ethnic background).

I think it's a minor contributing factor to the population levels, but its effect is very limited.

#34 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

Kurita gets the anime fans, and those who think Bushido culture is something worth admiring. Okay, i don't know if that's true today, but when we started playing in the 80's and early 90's that's how all of my friends picked Kurita. Basically it was the anime geeks who thought Japan was the best place on earth -- (you have to admit, they were buying half of America at that time). ;) My wife's Japanese and she would never get with the space-Bushido team. With all of that said, at least the Draconis Combine has personality.

Marik has no identity. It's all strife and internal bickering, that rarely even showed itself outside of tabletop game sourcebooks. The only fascinating thing to come from House Marik is Thomas Marik, and that's only because of the Jihad.

Davion is the WASP's dream (based on 3025-3055 game eras where many people started playing). They were the de facto 'good guys,' and they were THE power. Steiner is the underdog WASP dream, and really did nothing more than ride the FedSuns coattails (FedCom). If it wasn't for the Federated-Commonwealth and Katherine Steiner (Civil war era), I would actually like the Lyran faction.

Personally, I picked CapCon back in the 80's because it had a Russian bent, and I was was learning to speak Russian in school -- (and it was fun to beat my FedRat friends with my greenies). Being the underdog, being hated faction -- it's so funny to see people's faces. "Why would you ever pick Liao?" -- was fun for me. It was a faction that got a reaction. As the Soviet power collapsed and the Chinese power grew, the Capellan Confederation morphed from being Sino-Soviet to being decidedly Chinese.

Marik?

Marik has always just been ... bleh.

#35 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

Just throw off the shackles of Liao and join our Davion allies. IT'LL BE GLORIOUS AND NEAT AND COOL AND STUFF AND JUNK.

...Seriously - I used all-caps: there's really no argument against that.

#36 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Somehow responding to Max Liao's post.
Liao now have Isumi's Valkyries - animerelated unit with russians (currently 75% of us). Gotta be a good shot. And yes, it's self-promotion)

#37 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

I, myself, love CC since MechCommander 2. It's too bad that in Mechwarriors CC is something underestimated.
Well, it is our chance to make House Liao rise. We have to dominate the IS with Marik and Kurita. FedCom must fall.

#38 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostMax Liao, on 25 December 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Marik?

Marik has always just been ... bleh.

That's because the only time Marik was ever mentioned outside the source books was something like..

Oh,today Marik began another civil war, meanwhile back in Davion space...

Edited by Roadbeer, 25 December 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#39 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

You're right. I always felt the Free Worlds League got short-changed when it came to canon.

#40 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

FWL was there to play the badguy when they needed someone bigger than Liao and smaller than the Combine. They were 'that other place'.

On the other hand that made them ripe ground for campaigns for creative GMs. The group I played with early on spent a lot of time there because the GM largely created swaths of Marik space and culture on the fly and the 'civil wars' were a great excuse for having smaller scale merc-on-merc campaigns.

They really got the short end when the Clan invasion showed up. They didn't even have a Clanner border; I seriously think that's the main reason FedCom came to be - there had to be an excuse for Davion to be front seat for the Clan invasion and if it was on the Steiner/Ras/Kurita border they wouldn't be.

I'm Davion now because the friends I made here were Davion (22ndAL FTW) - in BT I was generally Steiner or FWL aligned mercs. Save for the campaign where we were Kurita loyalists who got ambushed, drugged, our mechs stolen and sold into slavery on the Periphery to work it off piloting junk assemblies for a Pirate kingdom just in time to get taken as Clanner bondsmen :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users