Why Are We Getting Rekt?

108 replies to this topic

#41 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Oh look, Davion forum-fighters are hard at work telling Liao how to beat Marik, while they continue to gobble up Liao worlds. Who would guess they are also in Marik forums telling them how to beat Liao, while they similarly continue their offensive. That is, when they aren't crying about how fighting against distracted, underpopulated factions, somehow still puts them at a disadvantage.

House Davion: Bad at lies, truth, and math.

#42 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Anyway, as stated elsewhere, there is nothing preventing most people from joining one faction and destroying CW, both in game and on forums, by trolling/griefing the other faction players out of the game. This is apparently the endgame in the mentality of most Davion loyalists. In the past, many people left MWO due to broken metagame and delayed features as we are seeing yet again here.

The bs Davion imports to Marik forums is so thick, you couldn't cut it with a (battletech themed cutting implement). But if the numbers weren't providing a decisive advantage, PGI wouldn't be addressing it. So I guess we'll see after it comes out of beta whether PGI can successfully simulate a balanced inner sphere that one subset of players cannot abuse into nonexistence.

#43 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

Vibroblade. You're looking for vibroblade.

Also, you're tilting at windmills. All I see in the last third of this thread is people having reasonable discussion about the lore-based reasons for Liao's and Marik's recruiting problems.

You're literally angry about imaginary things right now. Please calm down, Señor Quixote.

EDIT: You're also making accusations of false flag propaganda on the part of Davion, while you yourself are trying to stir up anti-Davion sentiment in an otherwise peaceful thread on LIAO'S forum. I admit that I've been guilty of self-indulgent shitposting over the last few days, but I - and every other Davion who's done it - did it under the FedSuns flag. I'm trying to tone it down, please do the same.

Edited by StillRadioactive, 26 December 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#44 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

The Davions still managed to hit every IS faction they border during the Christmas Ceasefire, I suggest reducing those attacks to 0, and watching for more to come. They even hit Steiner again. As for me after I get done getting my x2 done on my mechs I plan on defending Kurita space, and when enough Mariks get on reducing the attacks that were against us to 0. Once again we were only attacked by the Davions.

Bull. We defended every border, but we never attacked unless a faction took a planet....as promised. Not that any of you even bothered to agree to a cease fire....lol...

Nice try though. Welcome to the futures version of Fox News. LOL.

View PostAeusDeif, on 25 December 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Oh look, Davion forum-fighters are hard at work telling Liao how to beat Marik, while they continue to gobble up Liao worlds. Who would guess they are also in Marik forums telling them how to beat Liao, while they similarly continue their offensive. That is, when they aren't crying about how fighting against distracted, underpopulated factions, somehow still puts them at a disadvantage.

House Davion: Bad at lies, truth, and math.

LOL.

Like we need them to beat you. We are fighting on 3 fronts right now, plus Clan defenses, and still killing you.

#45 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 25 December 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

What is the W.A.S.P. bias?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Generally speaking, Davion are the space-good guys, the western values type that most North American players are going to exhibit a bias towards. Especially in the early days of the novels, Davion was portrayed as the good guys, hands down. If you read the Warrior Trilogy, it's full of proselytizing about how great Hanse Davion and the Fed Suns are because they stand by their people and encourage camaraderie, loyalty, and honor. Liao is painted as devious bumbling idiots, Kurita is painted as rigid and bloodthirsty, Marik is hardly mentioned at all, and Steiner serves as the people to whom the lesson of Davion greatness and justice is being taught. As a result, a majority of people flock to the Davion side when playing the game.

Kurita's popularity is easily explained by the Anime/Karate fanboy crowd, there is a significant niche crowd that has some oddly idealized version of Japan. These are the ones who watch all kinds of anime, took Japanese in high school, study martial arts, and bought a Japanese sword set from the Home Shopping Channel to mount on their wall. They pretend to like sushi, and are often Nintendo fanboys as well.

Then when the clans came along, they drew in the power gamers, the ones who wanted the best min maxed advantage they could field all the time.

#46 Y4wn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 26 December 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Generally speaking, Davion are the space-good guys, the western values type that most North American players are going to exhibit a bias towards. Especially in the early days of the novels, Davion was portrayed as the good guys, hands down. If you read the Warrior Trilogy, it's full of proselytizing about how great Hanse Davion and the Fed Suns are because they stand by their people and encourage camaraderie, loyalty, and honor. Liao is painted as devious bumbling idiots, Kurita is painted as rigid and bloodthirsty, Marik is hardly mentioned at all, and Steiner serves as the people to whom the lesson of Davion greatness and justice is being taught. As a result, a majority of people flock to the Davion side when playing the game.

Kurita's popularity is easily explained by the Anime/Karate fanboy crowd, there is a significant niche crowd that has some oddly idealized version of Japan. These are the ones who watch all kinds of anime, took Japanese in high school, study martial arts, and bought a Japanese sword set from the Home Shopping Channel to mount on their wall. They pretend to like sushi, and are often Nintendo fanboys as well.

Then when the clans came along, they drew in the power gamers, the ones who wanted the best min maxed advantage they could field all the time.

Posted Image

#47 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostY4wn, on 26 December 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Spoiler

Regardless of faction pride, I think that image is friggin' hilarious. Always have.

#48 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

What I find perfect is the use of an Arbys. Of all the fast food restaurants you can pick why does that one so accurately, so perfectly sum up Davion?

#49 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

What I find perfect is the use of an Arbys. Of all the fast food restaurants you can pick why does that one so accurately, so perfectly sum up Davion?

Not enough people knew what Roy Roger's was.

#50 AeusDeif

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:09 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 26 December 2014 - 03:03 AM, said:

Vibroblade. You're looking for vibroblade.

Also, you're tilting at windmills. All I see in the last third of this thread is people having reasonable discussion about the lore-based reasons for Liao's and Marik's recruiting problems.

You're literally angry about imaginary things right now. Please calm down, Señor Quixote.

EDIT: You're also making accusations of false flag propaganda on the part of Davion, while you yourself are trying to stir up anti-Davion sentiment in an otherwise peaceful thread on LIAO'S forum. I admit that I've been guilty of self-indulgent shitposting over the last few days, but I - and every other Davion who's done it - did it under the FedSuns flag. I'm trying to tone it down, please do the same.

I am free to counteract the political damage of Davion Ultra-nationalism however I see fit. If Davion starts off by parading into every other faction's forums, you really have no room to complain.

[ooc: this is where you challenge me to a duel for your house's honor]

#51 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Oddly enough from watching the faction war totals of attackers and defenders tonight it sort of looks like Davion and Marik are no longer fighting each other.

#52 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 December 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Oddly enough from watching the faction war totals of attackers and defenders tonight it sort of looks like Davion and Marik are no longer fighting each other.

Steiner needed to learn that when a holiday cease fire is called, don't get smug about fighting turrets when everyone is out of town.

Having a wonderful time, wish you were here.
See you soon,

House Marik.

#53 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

I like that this has become the Davion Weak Troll Thread.

#54 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:21 AM

View PostY4wn, on 26 December 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Spoiler

Just wanted to pop in and give a shoutout here. Someone came out of a drop on Maladar today and said in teamspeak "Holy crap, there was a guy on the other team named Y4wn that just wrecked me every time I poked up. He did close to 3,000 damage."

Don't remember who it was that said it, but it was said.

View Postwanderer, on 26 December 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Not enough people knew what Roy Roger's was.

It still exists. I know of at least 2 within 50 miles of me.

Edited by StillRadioactive, 28 December 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#55 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 28 December 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

It still exists. I know of at least 2 within 50 miles of me.

I know, I have one right near where I work, one by my home. And yet, no Hardee's.

Such is life in the Capellan Confederation.

#56 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

Now you realize why Davion's are invading both you and the DC. Access to better food. English food is horrible. Sushi and Chinese take out are both yummy.

#57 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

Child soldiers gotta eat too, I guess.

Although, I hear that German food is pretty good.

#58 Tunes of war

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 29 December 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

Although, I hear that German food is pretty good.

me as a german can not approve this...

#59 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

What's funny is that Davion in the "literature" is attempted to be portrayed as the good guys, but when you think of the actual events and outcomes it is clear that they are even larger monsters than the clans. Plus, Victor S-D never accomplished anything. Everytime life gave him a decision to make he somehow managed to choose wrong.

The faction of monsters and f***-ups.

#60 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

Eh, his crusade against the clans went pretty well, but other than that, it's a lot of "Oh no I'm bad at politics!" and "Oh no, I'm a bad mech pilot, and Kai has to save me again!". His best skill was "Good at making friends".

His sister Kathrine may have been the Worst Person in BattleTech, but at least she got **** done for a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users