- - - - -

Just Bought Resistance Pack... How To Redeem?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

As the title says, just picked up the resistance pack. It's not showing in-game. It's not showing in my profile stuff on the website.

I have the paypal receipt but nothing has been sent to my profile account. Does it matter if my paypal account uses a different address than my MWO account? I was logged into my MWO account when I ordered it. When I revisit the page it says "Owned" under the Resistance package.

Checked all of my e-mails, only have the paypal transaction receipt. Help?

#2 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

It's a PRE-order package. Does not release until later next year. You just pre ordered it so you get it first before MC and Cbill Sales go out for them after release.

#3 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Wow, really wish they would have put that information somewhere on the Resistance page!

WTF

EDIT: Yeah, looking all over the Resistance page and nowhere do I see mention of it being pre-order. I just see the blurb about getting a King Crab if you pick it up before the 16th.

Edited by Cavadus, 14 December 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

If it says "owned", the system recognizes you have it. You're done.

Note that almost everything from the resistance pack is not even in the game yet, and is slated for a future release in a few months. It is a pre-order.

you'll get the Month 2 pre-order bonus in Jan 1st (you missed month 1 tier) which includes some bonus premium time. The mechs (and the mech bays, premium time, badges, tiles, etc) are delivered in a few months.

If you ordered the WRATH pack, you earned a free loyalty bonus King Crab, which should be delivered to you soon, but may need a full business day before everything goes through.

The front page says "pre-order" and the FAQ lists the release dates for each mech.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 14 December 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#5 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostCavadus, on 14 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

Wow, really wish they would have put that information somewhere on the Resistance page!

WTF

EDIT: Yeah, looking all over the Resistance page and nowhere do I see mention of it being pre-order. I just see the blurb about getting a King Crab if you pick it up before the 16th.

On the main homepage for MWO it says "New Inner Sphere Collection RESISTANCE Pre order available now"

#6 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostDarkwolfe, on 14 December 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

On the main homepage for MWO it says "New Inner Sphere Collection RESISTANCE Pre order available now"

I didn't see it on the main page; I saw it listed on the bottom of the Community Warfare page with the other two packs. And it doesn't even say that's a pre-order on the resistance pack page.

I'm kinda miffed, TBH.

#7 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

Understandable. You can always email support & ask for a refund. They might take pity on you if you explain you didnt realise it was a pre-order.

#8 Ehjay_52

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

I know what you mean Cavadus, I had to go searching as well for when the release was.

It's not too long of a wait though. The first two come out in February.

http://mwomercs.com/...resistance-faq/

Here is some more info in regards to the Resistance pack. ^

#9 sharerware

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

I see from the FAQ when the mechs arrive, but does anyone know when we get the colors/camo??

#10 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

PGI can keep my money, I'm sure I'll enjoy the content once it arrives; I just wish that they would clearly label the sale as pre-order on the pack's page.

#11 BrandonKF

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Kudos to you Cavadus. I didn't see the pre-order on the page either. I know, it is on the main page, vets, but let us be honest, four beautifully drawn Mechs kind of distract through classic advertising.

Even I was halfway ready to jump on a 20-dollar pack until I checked Smurfy and went, "Wait, Panther is not here."

So Cavadus took a hit. Hard. In the mouth. Wiped the blood off his chin, grinned, and said "It'll be a long time comin', boy." I like that grit. Hooah!

Edit: And they have an ala carte option at the bottom? Neat.

Edited by BrandonKF, 15 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Q: I just purchased, where is my Resistance Collection?
A: You can check on the status of your Pre-Order on the Collection page.
The Mechs will be provided in stages as the content is made available in the game.
  • The King Crab will be delivered starting December 16, 2014.
  • The Panther will be delivered starting February 15, 2015
  • The Enforcer will be delivered starting February 15, 2015
  • The Grasshopper will be delivered starting March 17, 2015
  • The Zeus will be delivered starting March 17, 2015
Q: My purchase does not appear on the pre-order page, what’s wrong?

A: Most delays are related to which payment option was selected. Most are instantaneous. Others, such as PayPal chequing options, take several business days to process before those providers complete the transaction with us.
We have no way to speed up these processing times from our end and kindly ask that you hold tight. If the status remains unchanged after 10 days, please let us know.
Some delays may also be related to Credit Card options, for example: The purchase may be grey-listed by fraud prevention scripts, which will trigger your CC provider to contact you and confirm whether the purchase was desired.

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for MC or CBills?
A: As with our previous offerings, the Collections are meant to be higher-value options to receive a large number of Mechs slightly ahead of the curve as well; as receive a number of value-added goodies like Premium Time subscriptions and decorative items.
  • The Panther will be available for Posted Image on March 3rd, 2015 and for Posted Image on April 7th, 2015
  • The Enforcer will be available for Posted Image on March 17th, 2015 and for Posted Image on April 21st, 2015
  • The Grasshopper will be available for Posted Image on April 7th, 2015 and for Posted Image on May 5th, 2015
  • The Zeus will be available for Posted Image on April 21st, 2015 and for Posted Image on May 19th, 2015

On a side note: The Resistance page does not mention preorder, anywhere, or release dates. It should, but doesn't. Wave II and the Clan package both mention directly or indirectly on their pages. Resistance does not on its specific page.

But yes, the MWO homepage with the big picture saying "Get the Resistance Package" has a huge ZOMG PRE-ORDER thrown in your face. >.>

Admittedly anyone who has ever seen the packages, from the Founder to the Resistance, knows that every single grab deal is a pre-order that helps to fund all the work that goes into making said mechs, testing them and throwing them into the game. It is possible that the information is often taken for granted. The front page advertisement for the package is also there.

(On a side note: I put in 20 bucks to lock in the first month rewards and sometime between January/February I'll put in the rest. No need to rush it, particularly since I've... lets see... Founder, Phoenix, Invasion, Wave II...qualified for the King Crab four times already. What's sadly ironic is I still prefer the ones I got with cbills.)

Edited by Koniving, 15 December 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#13 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 December 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

But yes, the MWO homepage with the big picture saying "Get the Resistance Package" has a huge ZOMG PRE-ORDER thrown in your face. >.>

As I mentioned in a previous post, I caught an article on Massively about the beta release of CW. I followed the link to the CW page (mwomercs.com/cw) and at the bottom I saw the link to the Resistance pack. Clicked it, liked what I saw, bought the $80 pack, and was immediately confused. At no point did I ever come across anything indicating it was a pre-order.

So to reiterate, I did not follow the Resistance pack link off the frontpage.

Edited by Cavadus, 16 December 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostCavadus, on 16 December 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

So to reiterate, I did not follow the Resistance pack link off the frontpage.

I read and gathered that. :)

#15 stuh42l

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

I would like to know when the faction packs become available? No word on that as fast as I know.

#16 cooldog888

Rookie

• The Raider
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

i actually just got the PAckage and it wont show up in game. WOULD SOMEONE HELP?

#17 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

Resistance or Resistance 2?

if it is Resistance it should be added to your account within an hour of your payment clearing (certain types of payment do not instantly clear),

if Resistance 2, they are not yet in game, the first Mech the Mauler will arrive on the 8th of September, with the last Mech and all the extras by the 20th of October

#18 odiemoncrew

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

Rogue, if you look at the date of the start of the thread, you would notice it said december 2014.
So he was talking about Resistance pack 1, because the second was not mentioned til like the last
month or two

#19 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

View Postodiemoncrew, on 01 July 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Rogue, if you look at the date of the start of the thread, you would notice it said december 2014.
So he was talking about Resistance pack 1, because the second was not mentioned til like the last
month or two

yes but cooldog888 posted this morning asking where his package was, I should have quoted him in my post, that would have eliminated the risk of confusion

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

View Postcooldog888, on 30 June 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

i actually just got the PAckage and it wont show up in game. WOULD SOMEONE HELP?

Assuming it's the Resistance Package 2 (and if not, which package since there's quite a few still available for some reason).

That said, you made the purchase early AM. If it was a recent package that just had some releases (currently Clan Wave 3), you'd see it try to send once every hour on the hour. Older packages such as Resistance or Resistance 2, are going to try it every day at set times on Pacific Time. Believe it was 4 or 6 AM and PM Pacific Time. Someone can and should make a correction though as it has been a long time since I saw the info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users